What's new

Is this Kleen Rite Equipment???

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys, buying my next wash and it's going to be a project/rehab wash.

Long story short previous owner purchased new equipment to rehab it 10 yrs ago but then got sick and the wash has stayed closed. So on site is a 20ft container with equipment! It has the two pump stands that I belive are Kleen Rite brand stands

Second questions has anyone here purchased these stands and had good luck with them? Searching through the forum I saw an old post, believe 2015 talking about KR stands with 530s and saying they were junk.

I want to do it right the first time, thanks

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think they're made by Kleen-Rite. I can see right away what could be bad about them - the spot-free runs through the bay pump. There's a lot of weight hanging off the pump manifold, and the vibration will have those breaking off.

cmawash

Reaction score
its a sub contractor for clean rite, we bought some units. plastic electrical boxes started falling off frame welds broke, motor belt cover fell apart lack of proper ,VALVES LEAK AND NOT PROPERLY INSTALLED, motor-pump rotation was 180 out, tried to get repair parts from company, not available BE CAREFUL VERY POOR SUB CONTRACTOR. THEY BLAMED KLEEN RITE AND SAID IT WAS TO THEIR SPECKIFICATIONS

Rfreeman

Reaction score
What does that mean?
I was going to ask the same question.

I'm about to buy a wash that was shut down right before a major remodel. These pumps stands are in a 20 ft container and come with the wash. Debating to install them or buy used since I located a used 4 bay system already

Rudy

Reaction score
I know NOTHING about Kleen Rite branded equipment.

I can see (in the pictures) Cat Pumps, and what looks like Baldor 3 phase motors and Allen Bradley contactors.

Those are quality brands.

I DO see the manifold block suspended by (what appears to be...) a 1/2 brass hex nipple. Yea, that might tend to crack...but either replace it if does....or use stainless. You could also provide some support under the manifold if you wish.

Let's face it. Pump stands aren't rocket science. It's a pump and a motor that's fed water with some on and off solenoids.

You probably shouldn't be in the car wash business if changing out a check valve or solenoid, is challenging to you.

OurTown

Reaction score
tried to get repair parts from company, not available
What parts were not available? Who was the subcontractor? Was it a car wash equipment manufacturer?

MEP001

Reaction score
cmawash hates JEAdams:

cmawash hates Paraplate regulators:

Which, as it turns out, he is using with non-weep guns and causing his problems with the 530 pumps on his "Kleen-Rite" pump stands:

cmawash

Reaction score
cat pumps have a splash system, basically its includes a scooper that picks up oil for the rod bearings , when pump rotation is reversed scooper is not working properly. thats why you will see a arrow on the case as to pump rotation direction. small detail but will affect pump life

Rudy

Reaction score
You're missing the point. A pump stand (as you pictured) cannot be set up to be "a motor-pump set up to be 180 out". There's NO such thing, in a 3 phase system.

If you wire the pump stand....to your breaker box....and the cat pump is turning opposite to the arrow on the side of the pump......you need to reverse any 2 of the 3 (3 phase) wires.

It's an installation issue....not a pump stand issue.

How would the manufacturer know ahead of time how it'd be installed?

cmawash

Reaction score
hydro spray was the sub contractor for kleen rite, when plastic relay box falls of of pumping plant, steel fitting in water and chemical feed system that rusted and were leaking, single phase motor wire for wrong direction for pump set up, welds broken on major pumping plant components like the frame and belt guard, are just some of the problems on their equipment. what annoying is a customer has to redesign the equipment to even work properly.

Allen

Reaction score
I purchased the Hydro-Spray pump stands from Kleen-Rite and installed them in an 8 bay. Mine are belt driven
and have Cat 310's. I installed them over four years ago and have had no problems. I'll use them in other locations
in the future.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I purchased the Hydro-Spray pump stands from Kleen-Rite and installed them in an 8 bay. Mine are belt driven
and have Cat 310's. I installed them over four years ago and have had no problems. I'll use them in other locations
in the future.

Well if you need a 4 bay or 2 bay stand let me know. I am purchasing a wash and these are brand new never used sitting in a 20 ft container that I am getting with the purchase. My other locations have JC equipment and I just purchased another used 4 bay stand from another wash owner here locally so these are going to my warehouse for now.