What's new

disappoited adams combo machine quality

cmawash

Reaction score
surprised on how easy it is to damage a adams combo vacuum. some one pulled on the shampoo hose while it was on the hanger. resulting damage occurred when the hose pulled out of the shampoo head, which is held in by a weak plastic connector. pulled control wires and supply hoses out of unit. Unit was powered up and resulted in a shorted control board. Estimated cost to repair estimated @ $250 for new shampoo hose assembly and $550 for a new control board. All this damage could have been avoided by better construction, disappointed in the Quality of je adams units. units do appear to have the ability to survive in a car wash environment.

cmawash

Reaction score
when trying to trouble shoot, found information provided by adams to be poorly presented, schematic provided is useless and income pleat , trouble shooting guide is useless, some information was generic in nature. plastic nuts on hoses very weak, fuses holders on vacs break when vac motors go bad and fuses break in half when being removed for replacement. so the complete fuse holder must be replaced. fuses are white and have to be tested in the field with a ohm-meter and the vacuums are 3 months old. teck support from adams is mediocre, took 4 phone calls to get an answer.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Otehr issues aside I can see why hose connectors should be weak. Same reason gasoline dispenser hoses have break aways. You don't want the unit dragged down the street if the hose gets caught on a car.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Otehr issues aside I can see why hose connectors should be weak. Same reason gasoline dispenser hoses have break aways. You don't want the unit dragged down the street if the hose gets caught on a car.
I would think a company would stand by there product for at least a year? I hope they are at least fixing it for free?

Earl that gives me a great idea I think? Maybe if you install a break away fitting that would provide the same protection? I just re-anchored a vac because someone pulled my hose.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Maybe that's why Adams units are $500-$800 less than Fragramatics, IVS, Coleman, etc?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've dealt with people at JE Adams for 22 years. If they really said that to you, my assumption would be that you garnered that response by the way you approached them.

cmawash

Reaction score
found factory assembled problems in lose ground wires, found cause for a $ $800 board failure, a wire that dislodge itself and poped out of factory assembled connector that controls shampoo head, some connectors were pull and plug ( about 12 connectors) on board, others were very hard to replace due to type of connectors used by the factory that require an angled approach ( which is interfered with various components in the way) using a very narror type of lever tool that will press a spring that will release connector and pull or insert wire, upon looking at assembly installed in combo vac unit. it is easy to tell that the assembly was made on a beach and screwed in combo vac. This type of assembly is easy to do at the factory and reduces unit cost, but makes for a night mare for field service repair. Some connections are soldered in unit, for example foam brush selector switch, found exposed connections that lacked insulation. Factory denied it was their fault and blamed it on shipping problems. Now have over 10 hours in fixing a new unit that is only 3 months old. problems were blamed shipping problems shaking the unit apart.