What's new

need a new pump

Randy

Reaction score
What's wrong with the one you've got now? All of my Cat 310 pumps are over 30 years old.

lilb93

Reaction score
Was at the show in AC. They were not there. Talked to carwash superstore. she said she never sold a rebuild kit for a Arimitsu yet?
Was going to try one Forgot the number but not the 3 series believe the 5 series. direct replacement for the 310.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Last head I had bored and sleeved with stainless by Dyna-Jet Products was about $150.

lilb93

Reaction score
Was thinking about it , but would have to take that bay out of service. Dont want to do that. Just replace the pump and then I could do that and have a spare.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I use the 516. It has about the same pumping capacity of a 530 Cat, but is a direct replacement for a 310/5CP. They also have a 311 & 313 which are about the same as a 310 and also direct replacement.

Another advantage of the Arimitsu is that is has 4 outlets instead of 2. Makes for a cleaner install.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
If you decide to go with a 310, make sure you buy a 310S. This model comes already sleeved with stainless for about $50 extra. Also I would check with Dyna-Jet and Vilco...they might have a used head they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I've been replacing my Hypros with Arimitsu each time they go bad. Love the pumps, no issues.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Hypros on all my bays. Good life and good price. Whatever pump I use I run it no more than 75% of its rated output. So mine are a smidge oversized. I get 10 years out of them easy and they are well used. Just a thought.

wash4me

Reaction score
I know of an operator who had a stand built in a new wash with Arimutsu pumps and they went bad within a few years and were replaced with cat pumps. They were not willing to warranty them.

soapy

Reaction score
I was using cat 530s at one location and have had about 3 of them fail in the last year. They gave me 12 good years of service so I am not complaining about them. I sent them in for repair but all were to far gone. I switched over to the arimitsu 516 and have been very happy with them so far. They are much quieter than the cat pumps and are about 1/3 less in price.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
I know of an operator who had a stand built in a new wash with Arimutsu pumps and they went bad within a few years and were replaced with cat pumps. They were not willing to warranty them.
I purchased my first Arimitsu (511) and it leaked oil at a pretty regular rate from day one. They took it back under warranty and sent me a new one. I felt a little like I was on trial but in the end they did the right thing and that is what matters. They sent me another 511 and it is still running like a top 5 years later (it leaks oil just like the last one but oh well). I've not had to replace any parts or really had any trouble with it mechanically. They are much more quiet than a cat pump for sure but are not any more quiet than a comparable Hypro.

cmawash

Reaction score
I purchased my first Arimitsu (511) and it leaked oil at a pretty regular rate from day one. They took it back under warranty and sent me a new one. I felt a little like I was on trial but in the end they did the right thing and that is what matters. They sent me another 511 and it is still running like a top 5 years later (it leaks oil just like the last one but oh well). I've not had to replace any parts or really had any trouble with it mechanically. They are much more quiet than a cat pump for sure but are not any more quiet than a comparable Hypro.
had cat 623 pumps ,some are 30 years old and still going strong average life between rebuild 3 YEARS FOR CUPS AND SEALS AND THESE PUMPS ARE IN VERY HIGH USE. , just replace some pumping plants with cat 530 pumps, have had 6 failures in 1 year , CAT QUALITY WENT DOWN THE TUBES, WOULD NOT BUY NEW GENERATION CAT PUMPS. would recommend an other brand

Kevin James

Reaction score
had cat 623 pumps ,some are 30 years old and still going strong average life between rebuild 3 YEARS FOR CUPS AND SEALS AND THESE PUMPS ARE IN VERY HIGH USE. , just replace some pumping plants with cat 530 pumps, have had 6 failures in 1 year , CAT QUALITY WENT DOWN THE TUBES, WOULD NOT BUY NEW GENERATION CAT PUMPS. would recommend an other brand
When you say you had 6 pump failures in one year what do you mean by pump failure? Did the crankcase fail or did the head of the pump wash out or was there some other failure. Were you using the correct pump for the application? Was the pump set up correctly? At what pressure and flow rate were you running the pump? Was the pump fed with a gravity tank or fed with city water pressure? There are a lot of things that will cause a pump to fail in short order.

MEP001

Reaction score
just replace some pumping plants with cat 530 pumps, have had 6 failures in 1 year , CAT QUALITY WENT DOWN THE TUBES, WOULD NOT BUY NEW GENERATION CAT PUMPS. would recommend an other brand
Either you got part of a bad production run or something in the setup of the equipment was done wrong. I talked to a guy who had just installed a D&S 5000, and the Cat 3535 started knocking and threw a rod about three months after installation. For some reason they tried to get the pump warrantied through Cat instead of D&S, and Cat denied warranty saying it was run without oil. He told me he put oil in it before they started it up for the first time, but D&S tests the equipment before shipping, and they would put oil in the pump and leave it in, so they must have tested it dry.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Either you got part of a bad production run or something in the setup of the equipment was done wrong. I talked to a guy who had just installed a D&S 5000, and the Cat 3535 started knocking and threw a rod about three months after installation. For some reason they tried to get the pump warrantied through Cat instead of D&S, and Cat denied warranty saying it was run without oil. He told me he put oil in it before they started it up for the first time, but D&S tests the equipment before shipping, and they would put oil in the pump and leave it in, so they must have tested it dry.
This would make me puke.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
So are Udor pumps any good? I was reading on a pressure washing forum where people were claiming they were the best and expensive? They look like General pumps if you ask me and are priced the same? So anyone know the deal about Udor pumps? I have never heard of them before.... KR sells them. Thanks