What's new

IBA Monthly Club System / App

coinless

Reaction score
maybe Everwash, Touch4wash, and Coinless should have a compare sheet for prices, fees, and the like. may the better app win. work to win us, not have to have us come to you...
Hi! Happy to help. Can you call me? My number is below.

Coinless offers all the following and more:
- Monthly subscriptions
- Earn-as-you-go points program
- Best mobile payment app on the market (4.6 rating on iOS store)
- Fleet management
- Marketing suite (send emails, and push notifications)
- Conditional pricing (buy X, get Y for free)
- Business insights on sales, customer data, Wash Club reporting, etc.

The list of value adds goes on, and we provide all this for a flat monthly software fee and affordable hardware up front.

We hope to hear from you soon!

coinless

Reaction score
i still dont see numbers here....?
I can't really speak for Touch4Wash, but I can link you here and give you a snapshot of that page:

1600287618644.png

Here's a side-by-side of our pricing and theirs, based on the information above:

1600287875714.png

In the OP's case, he has 2 IBAs. So here's a price comparison between the two systems equipping his wash setup:

Coinless
$599 X 2 = $1198
Monthly = $69

Touch4Wash
$500 X 2 = $1000
Monthly = $55

I hope this is what you were looking for. Below is also a short list of some of our most popular features:

1600290376576.png

I would also add that we give you data insights and share ALL CUSTOMER INFORMATION with you. They're your customers, so we don't hold the data from you.

I would love an opportunity to chat more. My number is below.

Thank you and best of luck!

coinless

Reaction score
so what are the fees that i dont see. i know they are there. every credit card processor has them. like what is coinless' cut per transaction?
Coinless is a software company; we don't process credit cards. We have an API integration with CardConnect, who does the credit card processing. You would have to set up a merchant account with them, but we let you have that conversation with them. One thing all our clients have loved is CardConnect has a meet-or-beat policy on their CC rates. So if you're already happy with your former CC processing rate from another processor, all you have to do is provide a statement from your other processor and they will meet or beat it.

Here's the link to get in touch with CardConnect. They will help you understand what your processing rate would be:

MEP001

Reaction score
Coinless is a software company; we don't process credit cards.
Cryptopay is a hardware company; they don't process credit cards. But they get a kickback from the merchant processor from every transaction.

coinless

Reaction score
Cryptopay is a hardware company; they don't process credit cards. But they get a kickback from the merchant processor from every transaction.
We don't do that.

We have considered adding an additional per-transaction service fee to the customer, but it would (1) be added in the interface and fully transparent to the customer and merchant, (2) be for a mutual benefit to the merchant and Coinless, and (3) it would only be with the merchant's approval. But it's not something we're even developing at the moment. It came out as a potential, future development.

mac

Reaction score
I would like to know how a membership works with an IBA. Unlimited? I have Touch4wash now and it is an option. Anyone out there that has done this? And Mep, please tell me what is wrong with what you call a kickback. Most business people, myself included, get referral fees from companies. It’s a nice way to make money without getting dirty or busting knuckles.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious about the monthly unlimited with an app like coinless or touch for a wash too. My concern is people abusing it. For example washing all their friends cars with their monthly unlimited app on their phone. I don't know if there's anyway to prevent that. Would it be better to just sell bundles of washers at a discount and do it that way?

JLanman

Reaction score
I'm curious about the monthly unlimited with an app like coinless or touch for a wash too. My concern is people abusing it. For example washing all their friends cars with their monthly unlimited app on their phone. I don't know if there's anyway to prevent that. Would it be better to just sell bundles of washers at a discount and do it that way?
Waxman,

The Touch4Wash system has the ability to offer a loyalty program (buy X number of washes and get 1 free). If you combine that with the "Prepaid" credit options, then you are offering a very similar approach to a membership while maintaining close to full price. I say close to full price as you are likely to offer a discount for the prepaid credit. For example:
- You sell $100 worth of prepaid credit to be used at your wash for $85 (15%) discount.
- User has $100 to use at only your wash.
- Lets say that buys 10 - $10 washes.
- Lets assume your loyalty program offers 1 free wash for every 5 washes.
- User buys 5 washes with prepaid credit ($50). Now gets a free wash
- User buys 5 more washes with prepaid credit($50). Now gets a free wash.
- User got 12 washes for $90 or $7.5/wash.
- User can use these washes at any time, not time limit as it is prepaid credit - but you got paid on the front end.

Compare that to a membership program.
Let's say you follow the best practice and offer a $30/month membership for your $10 wash package (3X price).
Let's assume this user uses the wash to the industry standard of 4 times a month.
- You collect $30
- User gets 4 washes ($40) value or $7.5/wash.

Big difference here is that the membership auto renews every 30 days. So if they keep up the activity then the wheel goes round and round, where the prepaid credit/loyalty program requires them to take action each time they utilize the full value of the prepaid credit.

This is the draw to the membership plans. It is the "set it an forget it" approach. The hope is that the user continues to allow the $30/month charge every 30 days and gets weary and starts to use the wash less and less, but yet still sees value as they can wash "whenever they want".

Hope this helps.

Jim

JLanman

Reaction score
Also, you can limit the membership programs. We have customers that set limits for each 30 day. For example they will allow 1 wash per day and 8 washes per 30 days. So it is practically unlimited, but not.

Jim

Zal

Reaction score
Also, you can limit the membership programs. We have customers that set limits for each 30 day. For example they will allow 1 wash per day and 8 washes per 30 days. So it is practically unlimited, but not.

Jim

Jim
Jim,
What do you suggest for advertising the app?

JLanman

Reaction score
Jim,
What do you suggest for advertising the app?
Hey Zal,

As with any system the more you are engaged the more success you can have. The system does have a nice feature we call the ATR (Automated Text Response). If you simply text "free wash" to 309-533-7992 to see the response that gives people instructions on how to get the app and sign up. This message can be placed in all kinds of formats - - business cards, baseball field fences, bill boards, facebook, website, signs at your location, etc...

Run specials driving folks to the app, 10% off Tuesdays for app users, etc... Push the convenience and right now the "Contactless Payment" is a hot topic. Promote the loyalty program, "buy 3 get a free wash", etc... Demo the app on the weekends, use the certificates to drive customers to the app, or run a fund raiser with the certificates, or cross market with the lube shop next door or the auto dealer - "Free Wash with each oil change, or "free washes month of membership with every car purchase". You can even offer the memberships via the certificate feature, which turn into full priced memberships after the determined period. Lots of tools and options.

Once you get some customers in the system the automated marketing kicks in and helps the cause. The invite feature is introduced to new customers right away, which allows them to earn toward free washes by inviting others to join. The cool thing here is that it take more than just an invite to earn. The person invited has to sign up and process a wash (try your services) before the inviter gets credit for the invite.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Zal

Reaction score
@prostock I'll give you an honest assessment on the Hamilton solution that will hopefully help in your decision making (I work for them).

Rather than focusing solely on monthly plans, we designed the app to offer a wide range of features to give the most flexibility to operators and customers. We have operators that are generating great revenue with the Monthly Wash Clubs, but also others who are very profitable with simple Wash Bundle packages. Considering the demand for recurring plans varies greatly depending on location, we didn't want to put all of our eggs in one basket by working on a single feature. We have a Loyalty Program that awards users points for every in-app purchase, with a free wash automatically provided when they reach their points threshold - this is a great alternative loyalty plan for those who do not want to enroll in a monthly program.

You can also offer deals within the app - free washes, transaction discounts, and item discounts. A lot of operators run these as periodic specials and send out push notifications about them to keep customer engagement up.

We recently launched a couple of new features too - Promo Codes and a Referral Program. With Promo Codes, you can create any type of deal but assign a code to it, so only users with that code can access it. This works great for targeted marketing, cross marketing etc. and it's a much more effective way of tracking engagement and redemption.

The Referral Program will award anyone who signs up with a friends code with a Deal after their first purchase (free wash, transaction discount, or item discount). The person sending the referral also receives loyalty points to help them earn a free wash faster.

One of the biggest benefits of our app today with the COVID pandemic is its contactless ability - if users pre-purchase washes/wash bundles or are Wash Club members, they do not need to physically engage with the pay station at all. They simply scan their code and the wash is initiated.

All of the app management and reporting is done through our cloud-based site management platform Hosted Solutions. It's very straight-forward and requires minimal weekly time investment.

With that said, I am not going to type this and say that the app will sell itself to your customers. Like RFID, LPR, gift cards etc., you have to actively promote this product. The operators who have experienced the most success with our app advertise it across their sites (with signage, pay station wraps/panels, touch screen messaging, small flyers at the pay station).

We've also seen operators send email communications to users (where they promote app features, specials, events etc.), advertise the app in local publications, run Google ad campaigns, and run radio ads.

In short - the app is a really powerful tool, but it does require your engagement and promotion to be successful. We can consult with you and make suggestions/recommendations on effective marketing strategies if you're not sure where to start. We also offer design services for signage and print materials.

Feel free to each out to me directly if you have any questions!
Joe
Joe
Can you integrate my HTK’s and my self serves into your app?
Thanks
Mike

Zal

Reaction score
Hey Zal,

As with any system the more you are engaged the more success you can have. The system does have a nice feature we call the ATR (Automated Text Response). If you simply text "free wash" to 309-533-7992 to see the response that gives people instructions on how to get the app and sign up. This message can be placed in all kinds of formats - - business cards, baseball field fences, bill boards, facebook, website, signs at your location, etc...

Run specials driving folks to the app, 10% off Tuesdays for app users, etc... Push the convenience and right now the "Contactless Payment" is a hot topic. Promote the loyalty program, "buy 3 get a free wash", etc... Demo the app on the weekends, use the certificates to drive customers to the app, or run a fund raiser with the certificates, or cross market with the lube shop next door or the auto dealer - "Free Wash with each oil change, or "free washes month of membership with every car purchase". You can even offer the memberships via the certificate feature, which turn into full priced memberships after the determined period. Lots of tools and options.

Once you get some customers in the system the automated marketing kicks in and helps the cause. The invite feature is introduced to new customers right away, which allows them to earn toward free washes by inviting others to join. The cool thing here is that it take more than just an invite to earn. The person invited has to sign up and process a wash (try your services) before the inviter gets credit for the invite.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Thank You Jim,
Like others I am looking at all my options on an app based program.
Mike