What's new

IBA Monthly Club System / App

JLanman

Reaction score
You would need some type of sign to let them know which bay they were in so they can select the correct bay in the app. Here are a few screenshots of the SS menus. We also have some standard signs we sell.

Attachments

JLanman

Reaction score
You can also download the app and give it a test run on our demo location.
PM me with your number and I will send you an invite to our demo site.

Jim

MEP001

Reaction score
I suggested the QR code because I know from experience customers get confused if they have to know what bay they're in to start it, and they aren't comfortable with those systems. If they could scan a QR code right on the meter door, there would be no issue. The QR code could also be used on the IBA menu.

slash007

Reaction score
I suggested the QR code because I know from experience customers get confused if they have to know what bay they're in to start it, and they aren't comfortable with those systems. If they could scan a QR code right on the meter door, there would be no issue. The QR code could also be used on the IBA menu.
With Coinless, you do have a QR code at every station. I have one at every bay, on every vac and on the IBA's.

JLanman

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I guess the best I can offer is some stats on our experiences. We have over 45k users and this has not come up as an issue. We have thousands of transactions every day, with minimal questions on how to use the system.

Our philosophy has been to keep the system as simple as possible. It does not get much more simple then pushing buttons on the phone. We get a lot of feedback that users love the experience of the app.

I know what you mean about confusion, and signs are often invisible to customers, but we just have not had a lot of feedback that our approach is not acceptable to the public.

For example, try this. Text the words "Free Wash" to 312-288-8023. This is what we call ATR (Automatic Text Response). This is another feature of the system that makes life easier for the owner and the user. You will get a text message back with instructions on how to get started with the app that you can follow now or save for later.

slash007

Reaction score
To be fair, I only used the QR codes upon setup to confirm they work and have not used them since myself. I notice the customers mostly just find the bay # etc. and turn it on that way, not via QR code.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
If a car wash customer has the app, but happens to be closest to a compitive wash who also has Touch4Wash, the app will suggest using that wash right? There's no way to have them only be able to see your location/locations, right?

I think the QR code would make less thinking. Any thinking is usually too much.

slash007

Reaction score
That has to be the case, but customers will likely only be pulling up the wash while on site.

JLanman

Reaction score
When a customer signs up, they select a location as their home location during the sign up process. Now each time they open the app, their home location is what is displayed. So if they sign up for your location, then each time they open the app they immediately see your site and menu of options. They can navigate to other locations, but requires extra manual steps to do so. I have included an image of our demo site location as an example.

Hope this helps.
Jim

Attachments

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
That explains the issue i have with it... Who's customer is it? X car wash or Touch4Wash... I would have interest if it could be 'branded' to the car wash and be exclusive in the available locations. Also if QR Code was an option to simplify. I also am not a fan of having the customer calling another company when they might have paid for the wrong bay... Or if our company isn't providing the customer service for an issue that happens. Who does the customer call if they started the wrong bay?

Last edited:

JLanman

Reaction score
The image I attached before had our branding as it is our demo site. Attached is an image of one of our customer's locations with their branding. Sorry to confuse.... Customers most often contact the owners, but we do field calls as well. Just another service we provide to assist.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
That has to be the case, but customers will likely only be pulling up the wash while on site.
I've gotten of calls from people who found a number at a car wash to complain about losing money when it was lost at some other wash. "Well, there's a number at this one, aren't they all the same?" I can see where they might pull up at a wash and start a bay at one in a different state because they have the same name.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Customers don't want extra things to do to use your services. They want it easy, fast and simple. I love the fact that they don't have to roll the window down! This is a winner, IMO.

copperglobe

Reaction score
"Customers don't want extra things to do to use your services. They want it easy, fast and simple"

That right there is the key.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I wasn't confused. It might work for some and definitely looks to be an economical option to get some value to the customer base out there that wants these services... I however, don't like the idea of paying a company for them to take over my customers - no matter if its a piece of the membership pie, or if its providing customer service. I would have serious interest if the app was 'private labeled' and locked out where the customer could not see the competitive locations. But I'm assuming that's not in the cards? If not, that shows me that my concern is valid and that the customer base is being slowly migrated away from the car wash to Touch4Wash. I could see how small future app updates could further the shift, and the car wash customer is stuck and can't cancel without making a customer feel ripped off. Its too slippery of a slope for me unless there were some assurances this isn't and would not be the case.

JLanman

Reaction score
I wasn't confused. It might work for some and definitely looks to be an economical option to get some value to the customer base out there that wants these services... I however, don't like the idea of paying a company for them to take over my customers - no matter if its a piece of the membership pie, or if its providing customer service. I would have serious interest if the app was 'private labeled' and locked out where the customer could not see the competitive locations. But I'm assuming that's not in the cards? If not, that shows me that my concern is valid and that the customer base is being slowly migrated away from the car wash to Touch4Wash. I could see how small future app updates could further the shift, and the car wash customer is stuck and can't cancel without making a customer feel ripped off. Its too slippery of a slope for me unless there were some assurances this isn't and would not be the case.
JGinther,
There are companies that offer the solution you are looking for. We customize the customer page but the app itself remains as Touch4Wash. As described earlier in this post, once a person saves a home location, this is the page that opens each time they open the app. For a custom app you might want to contact Hamilton or Beacon as I believe they offer these services.

Your second comment about customer migration away from the owners. I can assure you that is not the intent of the system. In fact there are several automated tools that are doing exactly the opposite. There are automated email tools that are working to drive the customer back to your location. The car wash owners have full access to their customer data. This includes customer activity, customer account credit, contact info, etc... There is no contract with Touch4Wash for the car wash owner. They are free to discontinue services at any time.

Hope this helps

Jim

coinless

Reaction score
Hi! This is Shane from Coinless. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about our solution and how it may align with your needs. Here are a few things that may be interesting to you, based on the conversation in this thread so far:

1. Customer data. You get first name, last name, email, phone number, and all transaction history for every customer that makes a purchase on your site. We provide all this data back to you in our Owner Portal Dashboard. It's packed with the most important customer and business insights for better decision making and deeper understanding of your customers.
2. Powerful marketing. Our marketing platform allows you to message all your customers in seconds. You can include credits, custom messages, and send them via email or push notification through the app. No limits.
3. Wash Club. Perhaps our most powerful customer-facing product is Wash Club (monthly subscriptions). Our solution requires no expensive hardware upgrades, and is a universal solution, wherein your customers don't have to select a specific service. They pay monthly, receive their cloud-based credits, and can use those credits across all your services.
4. Intentional design. Our app has a professional touch in its feel and flow. Take a look at a few screenshots and see if you like it. (The best way to experience the app is to download it and walk through it yourself.)

1597690548944.png 1597690656896.png 1597690722648.png 1597690765999.png 1597690802659.png 1597690864273.png 1597690900400.png 1597690922494.png 1597690999355.png 1597691031020.png

Many of the screen above are reactive, based on the customer behavior. We'd love a chance to talk to you in detail about the customer experience and how it helps you manage your brand and resolve customer issues instantly and from anywhere in the world.

Please visit our site for more information: www.coinlessmobile.com

Or call the number below to talk to someone about any other questions you may have. I think you'll find our pricing to be very competitive.

Thank you and good luck!

Last edited:

ChampionsAutoWash

Reaction score
I signed up with EverWash a few weeks ago and I have to say that I love how they work with you so far. I just closed on my first car wash a week ago. Its a self service, two bay and one bay auto wash system with the self service bays using Cryptopay and the Autowash using a wash select 2 with a modem linked to priority pay... so two different CC merchants but EverWash is able to work with both. They have QR codes for all three bays so I can have unlimited membership programs for self service and auto wash customers. They manage the marketing materials, website and facebook. I own the domain and 90% of all profits from the memberships that are sold through their apps. I can't wait to get started!

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
I should have my Touch4wash operational this coming week. Have it for my auto, self serve bays, vacs, and vending. Decided to make a bunch of other changes while doing this so install has taken longer. Does that sound familiar? Will post an update when done. I think the concept is cool. I’ll be the only wash within 100 miles that has this. Should be great marketing opportunity.