What's new

IBA Monthly Club System / App

prostock

Reaction score
I currently have a 2 IBA site with WSII pay stations. I do not have a monthly club or pay app and am looking at my options to set one up. I have the option to buy some used Hamilton HTK pay stations at a decent price and use their app. I have also looked at keeping my WSII's and using beacon mobile, touch4wash, or ever wash pay apps.
I need help with the marketing of this type of program to make it work in my opinion as I am mostly an unmanned site. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks

Expat

Reaction score
@prostock I'll give you an honest assessment on the Hamilton solution that will hopefully help in your decision making (I work for them).

Rather than focusing solely on monthly plans, we designed the app to offer a wide range of features to give the most flexibility to operators and customers. We have operators that are generating great revenue with the Monthly Wash Clubs, but also others who are very profitable with simple Wash Bundle packages. Considering the demand for recurring plans varies greatly depending on location, we didn't want to put all of our eggs in one basket by working on a single feature. We have a Loyalty Program that awards users points for every in-app purchase, with a free wash automatically provided when they reach their points threshold - this is a great alternative loyalty plan for those who do not want to enroll in a monthly program.

You can also offer deals within the app - free washes, transaction discounts, and item discounts. A lot of operators run these as periodic specials and send out push notifications about them to keep customer engagement up.

We recently launched a couple of new features too - Promo Codes and a Referral Program. With Promo Codes, you can create any type of deal but assign a code to it, so only users with that code can access it. This works great for targeted marketing, cross marketing etc. and it's a much more effective way of tracking engagement and redemption.

The Referral Program will award anyone who signs up with a friends code with a Deal after their first purchase (free wash, transaction discount, or item discount). The person sending the referral also receives loyalty points to help them earn a free wash faster.

One of the biggest benefits of our app today with the COVID pandemic is its contactless ability - if users pre-purchase washes/wash bundles or are Wash Club members, they do not need to physically engage with the pay station at all. They simply scan their code and the wash is initiated.

All of the app management and reporting is done through our cloud-based site management platform Hosted Solutions. It's very straight-forward and requires minimal weekly time investment.

With that said, I am not going to type this and say that the app will sell itself to your customers. Like RFID, LPR, gift cards etc., you have to actively promote this product. The operators who have experienced the most success with our app advertise it across their sites (with signage, pay station wraps/panels, touch screen messaging, small flyers at the pay station).

We've also seen operators send email communications to users (where they promote app features, specials, events etc.), advertise the app in local publications, run Google ad campaigns, and run radio ads.

In short - the app is a really powerful tool, but it does require your engagement and promotion to be successful. We can consult with you and make suggestions/recommendations on effective marketing strategies if you're not sure where to start. We also offer design services for signage and print materials.

Feel free to each out to me directly if you have any questions!
Joe

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about the crypto pay app? Does anyone have experience to share with their product and service? Good / bad / ugly / pretty?

MEP001

Reaction score
If they do, it isn't mentioned on their site.

JCM

Reaction score
I’m not positive but I do not believe Touch4Wash is affiliated with CryptoPay. They are two separate companies.

JLanman

Reaction score

JLanman

Reaction score
I currently have a 2 IBA site with WSII pay stations. I do not have a monthly club or pay app and am looking at my options to set one up. I have the option to buy some used Hamilton HTK pay stations at a decent price and use their app. I have also looked at keeping my WSII's and using beacon mobile, touch4wash, or ever wash pay apps.
I need help with the marketing of this type of program to make it work in my opinion as I am mostly an unmanned site. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks
As you mentioned you would not need to upgrade your paystations to use the Touch4Wash system. Let me know if you would like more info.
Jim

JLanman

Reaction score
Sorry did not address your comment about marketing. Our system has some automated marketing that is working to help drive customer to your site. Touch4Wash was developed by a car wash owner and we understand the constraints of an unmanned location. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions.
Jim

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What follows is the pricing from Jim at Touch4wash:

This is the pricing:

So in your case, if you wanted to put all your equipment on the system you would be looking at:
3 modules:
1 to run 4 wash option automatic,
1 to run 2 SS bays and 2 Vacs
1 to run 2 Vacs and you would have 2 left over.
Hardware investment = $1,500
Monthly Service Fees = $65/month + $0.05/transaction through the system
Credit Card Processing Fees = $0.20/transaction + 3.5%

If you wanted to only run 2 over your vacs on the system you could do this with 2 modules:
2 modules:
1 to run 4 wash option automatic,
1 to run 2 SS bays and 2 Vacs
Hardware investment = $1,000
Monthly Service Fees = $55/month + $0.05/transaction through the system
Credit Card Processing Fees = $0.20/transaction + 3.5%

MEP001

Reaction score
That's pretty reasonable even compared to Cryptopay. The CC processing fees look better.

JLanman

Reaction score
Currently fees are structured as follows:
Fees are per site. The level depends on number of modules per site. Examples below:
1 module - $45/month + $0.05/trans
2 modules - $55/month + $0.05/trans
3 or more modules - $65/month + $0.05/trans

I have also attached the cut sheet for our Interface Module.

Hope this helps

Jim

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
This is beginning to interest me for self serve. Is there anything in the app, or could the ability be added, for the customer to scan a QR code in the bay to start that bay?

JLanman

Reaction score
No need for a QR code with our system. Module wires directly to the timer. Simply press a couple buttons in the app and the wash is running. You can run count up or count down from the app in the SS Bays.

Jim