What's new

How are you all doing?

MEP001

Reaction score
People ask me how I can stay in business, but for security reasons, it's NOT realistic to shut off the lights, power and water!
My fiancée's sister-in-law sent her the hoax letter last night about the national guard and the 2-week forced lockdown - my first thought if it wasn't a hoax was that I'd go to the wash and remove all the vaults to leave nothing to get broken into, turn off power to the vacs and bays, and shut off half the bay lights, the compressor, water, and anything that could potentially cause a problem.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
My fiancée's sister-in-law sent her the hoax letter last night about the national guard and the 2-week forced lockdown - my first thought if it wasn't a hoax was that I'd go to the wash and remove all the vaults to leave nothing to get broken into, turn off power to the vacs and bays, and shut off half the bay lights, the compressor, water, and anything that could potentially cause a problem.
I also received that text from my sister-in-law who works for the DOD. Let's hope it's actually just a hoax.

MEP001

Reaction score
It appears to be a hoax. It somehow got distributed through official sources. If the national guard were mobilizing to shut down the entire country this weekend, surely we'd see them out there by now.

Randy

Reaction score
When ever we show up to the wash is when we spray things down including the trash. For the past month we have been wearing a mask.
We aren’t that paranoid, we don’t wear a mask or spray disinfectant around the car wash. The first thing we do is put on gloves and the last thing we do is take off the gloves and use hand sanitizer.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
The impact of the virus has caught up with my wash. Business is very slow.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I cant say if it's the virus or the weather here in DFW bc it seems like we cant go more than 2 to 3 days without some kind of rain. When it doesn't rain seems like business as usual maybe even busier than normal....I think everyone is tired of being quarantined but then we have 1 or 2 good business days and here comes the rain.

Twodose

Reaction score
First thing we do at my locations is spray all areas the public touches, vac hoses, hand-bay wands foam brush handles, etc. with a 10% bleach solution that we make. This helps protect us as well as our customers. We also wear gloves and wash our hands constantly.
So my point was every person that touches anything has the potential to spread the disease, so unless you are disinfecting after every person, it seems it wouldn’t do much good except to possibly help you to not contract the disease, and this goes for anywhere in public.

OurTown

Reaction score
So my point was every person that touches anything has the potential to spread the disease, so unless you are disinfecting after every person, it seems it wouldn’t do much good except to possibly help you to not contract the disease, and this goes for anywhere in public.

What if you used Microban 24 that is supposed to last for 24 hours and multiple touchings?

MEP001

Reaction score
I cant say if it's the virus or the weather here in DFW bc it seems like we cant go more than 2 to 3 days without some kind of rain. When it doesn't rain seems like business as usual maybe even busier than normal....I think everyone is tired of being quarantined but then we have 1 or 2 good business days and here comes the rain.
Same here, the rain has pretty much ruined business. I usually do well even if it rains all week, but now without another reason for people to be out and about, they aren't washing when there's rain.

washallday

Reaction score
It is not that we are paranoid, it is to show the customers that we are trying to do are part, you may want to try it sometime randy. I have gotten GREAT feed back. Several of the customers said they use our wash only now because they see us taking an active role. Some times it is just the perception in customers eyes. Yes we also use gloves that goes with out saying. We have always used gloves.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I’ve been spraying down everything in the early morning and late afternoon.
Since it’s not to busy (virus and weather)when a car pulls into the bay I will go to the bay, ask the customer to wait a minute and spray down the handles, hoses, matt holders and last the coin, bill and credit card boxes all the while I’m talking to the customer explaining why.
The comments from the customers are very positive and appreciated.
Also I started selling 3 pair of gloves per vend in the vending machine for $2 Friday. So far I’ve sold 4.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
It is not that we are paranoid, it is to show the customers that we are trying to do are part, you may want to try it sometime randy. I have gotten GREAT feed back. Several of the customers said they use our wash only now because they see us taking an active role. Some times it is just the perception in customers eyes. Yes we also use gloves that goes with out saying. We have always used gloves.
If my car washes were open, I would be doing everything I could to show customers I'm anti-COVID-19. In general, I see so many businesses leaving money on the table and possibly closing because the owners' mindset with the customer base was that they should want and feel a certain way.

Randy

Reaction score
We’d have a hard time showing our customers that we use disinfectant on everything and wipe everything the customer touches with disinfectant. We don’t see many customers, we are at the car wash at around 5:30am and we are gone by 7:30am at the latest. We aren’t about to hang around the car wash all day.

washallday

Reaction score
I’ve been spraying down everything in the early morning and late afternoon.
Since it’s not to busy (virus and weather)when a car pulls into the bay I will go to the bay, ask the customer to wait a minute and spray down the handles, hoses, matt holders and last the coin, bill and credit card boxes all the while I’m talking to the customer explaining why.
The comments from the customers are very positive and appreciated.
Also I started selling 3 pair of gloves per vend in the vending machine for $2 Friday. So far I’ve sold 4.

How do you vend the gloves. do you put them in a sandwich bag???? send pic

wyatt

Reaction score
This is how I vend them. They are all individually wrapped when I buy them. However, I just looked and they are sold out. They used to be $35 for 100 prepackaged pairs.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Fold 6 gloves tightly together and put them a small ziplock bag. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and ziplock it.
Fold the ziplock bag and use a rubber ban around it. I use the wider vending spaces to vend them.
I cut a small section of the verbiage on the boxes out and taped it to the window that their vending out of.
I also taped one glove on the inside glass and wrote 3 pair for $2.
Doesn’t look great but I had to refill them today.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
You can't buy any Nitrile gloves around here, kind of like toilet paper. I bought 3 boxes for my personal use right before all of this started. I won't be selling any of them

Roz

Reaction score

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Think about this. Someone smarter than me sent this to me.

“Wuhan to Shanghai = 839 km

Wuhan to Beijing = 1,152 km

Wuhan to Milan = 8,684 km

Wuhan to NY = 12,033 km

The Coronavirus started in Wuhan yet there is no effect of Coronavirus in nearby Beijing or Shanghai but many deaths in Italy, Iran, European countries and USA.

All business areas of China are now safe.

America is not just blaming China without a reason.

Even today, India is locked down but all the cities of China are open. China has also announced the opening of Wuhan from April 08. Not a single leader in China has tested positive for the deadly Coronavirus.

The virus has ruined many economies around the world. Many have had to close their borders in an attempt to contain and control the spread of the Coronavirus. Thousands have lost their lives, millions have now got this disease, countless people have been locked in their homes and many countries have placed their citizens on lock down.

The Coronavirus orginated from the city of Wuhan in China and has now reached every corner of the world, but the virus did not reach China's capital Beijing and China's Economic Capital Shanghai, located in close proximity to Wuhan itself.

Today Paris is closed, New York is closed, Berlin is closed, Delhi is closed, Mumbai is closed, Tokyo is closed, the world's major economic and political centers are closed, but Beijing and Shanghai are open. No Coronavirus effect is seen in either cities. There were only a few cases but the virus had no real effect on Beijing and Shanghai.

Beijing is the city where all the leaders of China live, including their military leaders. There is no lock down in Beijing.

Shanghai is the city that runs China's economy. It is the economic capital of China, where all the rich people of China live and run major industries. There is no lock down here, there is no effect of the Coronavirus there.

Beijing and Shanghai are the areas adjoining Wuhan. The virus from Wuhan reached every corner of the world, but the virus did not affect Beijing and Shanghai.

Another big thing is, that the worldwide share market has fallen by almost half. In India also the Nifty has gone from 12 thousand to 7 thousand, but the share market of China was at 3000 and just merely dropped to 2700.

This leaves one to speculate that the Coronavirus is a bio-chemical weapon of China, which China used to carry out destruction in the world in order to gain economic supremacy.

China has now put this virus under control, maybe they also have the antidote/ vaccine that they are not sharing with the world ever or will do when it is in their best interest to do so.

Hollywood stars, Australia's Home Minister, Britain's Prime Minister and Health Minister, Spain's Prime Minister's wife, Canada's Prime Minister's wife, and Britain's Prince Charles, among others, have contracted the Coronavirus, but NOT A SINGLE POLITICAL LEADER IN CHINA, NOT A SINGLE MILITARY COMMANDER in China have tested positive for Coronavirus....”