What's new

How are you all doing?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Something to be considered is supply chain disruptions. I would not assume things will be readily available for the near future, especially Chinese made goods.

I placed an order with my chemical supplier today and he said he expected to be told to shut down Wednesday for two weeks.

washallday

Reaction score
First thing we do at my locations is spray all areas the public touches, vac hoses, hand-bay wands foam brush handles, etc. with a 10% bleach solution that we make. This helps protect us as well as our customers. We also wear gloves and wash our hands constantly.

soapy

Reaction score
My washes have stayed pretty busy when the sun is shining inspite of the virus. Driving by a few of the restaurants though is sobering. 2 or 3 cars is all in their lots when usually there are dozens.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
We went to the local Giant market which are huge in this area, but before I went I called and asked them If there are lines waiting to get in and if people are panic shopping, and I was told that allot of the shelves are empty and was asked what I was looking for, and I said nothing in particular, but the girl told me to be there at 6 am if I wanted to get anything, didn’t really need anything in particular but went there just to see what is going on and I took some picture to describe it, this store is usually very well stocked, but all the toilet paper < tissues, everything in the paper isle gone, water, meat, canned goods, dairy, bread, milk, eggs, all gone, same for the local IGA, Wise markets in the area, I called them all before I went, they all said the same thing.
Where are you located?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
This is Bad fellas. The reseccion in 06-08 didn't happen this fast aggresively overnight like this has. If it continues this summer its going,to be bad.

MEP001

Reaction score
It shouldn't last that long. Most likely by the middle of May things will mostly be back to normal. One of the hardest hit industries is going to be restaurants. A lot of smaller ones that are forced to close are firing all their employees and donating any usable food, most of those don't expect to re-open when this is over because they can't afford to be closed for two months

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
my beliefs summed up in this article..... terrifying actually...

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Our wash business in San Antonio has been steady, though we're not seeing near the cases as Randy and others. Maybe folks are seeing a SS car wash was a means of getting outside and away from the TV without having to closely interact with people?

But, I'm picking up cash tomorrow and I'll be wearing nitriles for the first time ever...
I'm stashing the money that I collect in the back room with the date on it. After it's been there for a week, I'll count it and send it to the bank. Counting paper money has always bothered me a little bit.

Omaha is on a near lock down as far as bars, restaurants and office buildings. No gatherings over 10 people. I can't determine business just yet, but it seems about normal.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Anyone looking for an express - this could be the opportunity. This is going to get much worse before it gets better. Either everyone will contract it or hopefully we develop a successful vaccine that can be developed, tested, and produced in mass numbers and deployed.

slash007

Reaction score
Here it's been dead but that's mostly because of the weather. About 3 weeks straight of mostly rain and the days it doesn't rain, it's been very cold. 10 new express washes opened in the past year here, can't imagine how they will survive. I'm assuming memberships will be the first thing people cancel when they have no extra money to spend.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Government bailout will be only hope to save shoestring operators. Not enough businesses have a 90 day rainy day fund, pardon the pun.

Twodose

Reaction score
First thing we do at my locations is spray all areas the public touches, vac hoses, hand-bay wands foam brush handles, etc. with a 10% bleach solution that we make. This helps protect us as well as our customers. We also wear gloves and wash our hands constantly.
So do you do this after each customer?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I am so Thankful to Be in Texas!!

What part because up here in DFW we are getting rained on pretty much daily. Just had storms cause flash flooding last night. I don't know how much the pandemic is hurting me vs. just crappy car washing weather....but unfortunately the next week has a chance of rain in the forecast

MEP001

Reaction score
We had a period of about ten years where it would rain at night rinsing cars clean, rain all weekend every weekend, or not rain for months.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Here in CA, the Govenor just ordered that everyone "shelter in place" unless they have an essential business. I have a 5-bay self-service car wash, which I don't consider essential. I have 16 cameras and am pleasantly surprised that my car wash is staying pretty busy. People ask me how I can stay in business, but for security reasons, it's NOT realistic to shut off the lights, power and water! :O I'm grateful that my business is self-service. Customers are free to come in and use my facilities. The layout of my wash bays and vacuums naturally allow for "social distancing". I read the Governor's Order and it's NOT saying that I have to shut down my business. I am allowed to perform “Minimum Basic Operations" on site, as long as employees and customers maintain a distance of six feet from one another to the greatest extent feasible. Minimum Basic Operations includes: The minimum necessary activities to maintain the value of the business's inventory, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, or for related functions." I am heading to my car wash shortly to empty the garbage and vacuums. I'm feeling a little anxious about the unknown. In case the police stop by, I will have a copy of the Governor's Order. As usual I'll be wearing my nitrile gloves and face mask. The only change for me today will be staying a distance from my customers, and keeping my visit short. This is out of my control, but I'm committed to staying positive. Ironically, I was just telling my boyfriend earlier this month that "I need a vacation!" Be careful what you wish for. I was NOT expecting a "Staycation" and having to "shelter in place!" On the bright side, this gives me a chance to get caught up on my bookkeeping, reading car wash magazines, updating my marketing strategy, car wash maintenance and doing some spring cleaning!! :)

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Car wash business is fine. Stores are out of all sorts of things like canned goods, dry goods, frozen foods, bread, milk, fresh produce, chicken, pork, ground beed (lots of expensive steaks left), sausage products, even the mayonnaise was wiped out. Stopped at Sam's Club mid-afternoon and they had a dry-erase board at the door that said they were out of TP, milk, water, and bleach. There was no laundry detergent left, which was the main reason we stopped.

Going by a symptoms only diagnosis, my fiancée and I have already had the coronavirus.
Much like yours, our Single IBA, unattended, is still doing fine here in South Texas. There are no cases (yet) in our county, but who knows how long that will last. Stores are out of everything. Am planning on going on a "food" hunt today to a neighboring small town that has a Super WalMart and an HEB. Good thing I have backyard hens and plenty of eggs, as there are none at the stores.