What's new

How are you all doing?

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Is this coronavirus impacting your self serve? Are you gaining customers? Are you or a loved one sick? Let's talk...

Schools are closed here where I live, so I will be "home schooling" my kids. Stores are out of meat, dairy and tp. My friends are not getting paid leave and are scrambling to find places to place their kids...

I, of course, do not own a self serve, but did notice the one nearby had some customers.

So, how are you all doing?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Debra,

After getting back from our local yearly gigantic Home Builder Show Friday evening at our large main civic center ... I started getting the symptoms. I am almost 100% sure it is not Covid-19 ... since we have had only 1 reported incident in our State of ND. At this point it appears that schools are stepping up online learning even more so than before as a preventative measure. Events ... especially basketball playoffs have been cancelled ... again as a preventative measure.

I like the idea of Walmart dedicating a part of some of their huge parking lots for drive by free testing rather than a more involved process at a hospital ER or clinic. Time will tell ... I am sure in some parts of the country it is more of a challenge.

Good Lord willing ... my itty bitty sniffles (sob) .... will turn out to be just a minor rhino-virus (common cold) :cautious: discomfort!

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Car wash business is fine. Stores are out of all sorts of things like canned goods, dry goods, frozen foods, bread, milk, fresh produce, chicken, pork, ground beed (lots of expensive steaks left), sausage products, even the mayonnaise was wiped out. Stopped at Sam's Club mid-afternoon and they had a dry-erase board at the door that said they were out of TP, milk, water, and bleach. There was no laundry detergent left, which was the main reason we stopped.

Going by a symptoms only diagnosis, my fiancée and I have already had the coronavirus.

Twodose

Reaction score
Well maybe the carwash may eventually be one of the places you can go without being to close or in direct contact with anyone and maybe people will go there because it may be one of the activities you can do, unless of course our drive through self service bays are commandeered by the government for drive though covid-19 virus tests…lol…just a little humor.
I found this interesting and probably the best non biased information I have heard about this and other virus' , it was on youtube.

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The above video does seem to shed light on what appears to be factual or at minimum plausible ... that the Covid-19 virus started in the area of China where labs were experimenting with animals. The labs tended to "mass destruction weapon biological labs". Some courageous sources have pointed out that some of the animals infected were sold in the local markets as food in that specific area. It could be a case where our interaction with Communism Style of Governments ... should not be taken too lightly!

MEP001

Reaction score
Some courageous sources have pointed out that some of the animals infected were sold in the local markets as food in that specific area.
First problem with that comment is that you can't contract an animal-borne virus by eating its flesh. Second is whether it's even true or just conjecture.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
People here in CA are freaking out. Schools are closed and most grocery stores are picked clean.

Washing the car is not on people's priority list.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
First problem with that comment is that you can't contract an animal-borne virus by eating its flesh. Second is whether it's even true or just conjecture.
What about mad cow disease?

ETA albeit it's not a virus

OurTown

Reaction score
Car washes around here are really slow. 10-20 percent of normal business I'm guessing.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The below links do not specifically implicate a government potentially experimenting & lab workers not following protocol but they do somewhat validate the virus originating from meat ate from animals by humans. Note the words "scientists suspect" in the following article.

Also this article kind of points towards the "jury still out" on whether it can be passed on to humans by humans eating some specific animal meat.

To be fair & balanced .... this article condemns any unintentional speculation based on the chinese scientists stellar??? proven reputation.

Randy

Reaction score
Up here in the Pacific Northwest almost everything is closed, schools, restaurants, libraries, bars, entertainment and recreational facilities. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities are on lock down. Most of the grocery stores are keeping up with the high demand and have a pretty good selection, no toilet paper. Costco is absolutely crazy! It’s like the day before Christmas, crowded. They got in a large shipment of toilet paper, by 10:20am it was all gone, they open at 10am, and they said it was like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

I’ve been sick for the last month with pneumonia. My Dr. refused to test me for COVID-19 since I haven’t out of the country in the last 6 months. Getting into to see a Dr. is a challenge in itself.

The gun stores are setting record sales, out of almost everything.

I saw this video the other night and thought it was rather interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nZ4mw4mXw&feature=youtu.be

This weekend my numbers at the car wash were off by almost 15%, nice weekend. I think most people have other things on their mind than washing their cars, like how are they going to pay for next month’s rent or groceries since they aren’t working. A lot of the people who aren’t working are working low paying jobs don’t have the means to survive very long without some kind of help.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Up here in the Pacific Northwest almost everything is closed, schools, restaurants, libraries, bars, entertainment and recreational facilities. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities are on lock down

I saw this video the other night and thought it was rather interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nZ4mw4mXw&feature=youtu.be

This weekend my numbers at the car wash were off by almost 15%, nice weekend. I think most people have other things on their mind than washing their cars, like how are they going to pay for next month’s rent or groceries since they aren’t working. A lot of the people who aren’t working are working low paying jobs don’t have the means to survive very long without some kind of help.
On Randy's linked video starting about 2:50 it mentions the "Asian Wet Market" link etc. Hopefully, it is just journalistic sensationalism ... but on the other hand maybe there are valid concerns???!!!

KleanRide

Reaction score
Our wash business in San Antonio has been steady, though we're not seeing near the cases as Randy and others. Maybe folks are seeing a SS car wash was a means of getting outside and away from the TV without having to closely interact with people?

But, I'm picking up cash tomorrow and I'll be wearing nitriles for the first time ever...

Randy

Reaction score
But, I'm picking up cash tomorrow and I'll be wearing nitriles for the first time ever...
The first thing we do when we get to the car wash is glove up. We've been doing it that way for years. We use about 200 nitrile gloves a year. I wear a filter mask when I clean out the vacuums.

wyatt

Reaction score
The first thing we do when we get to the car wash is glove up. We've been doing it that way for years. We use about 200 nitrile gloves a year. I wear a filter mask when I clean out the vacuums.
Same, mainly because I pick up trash and who knows where that's been! Nitrils are being hoarded right now though. First time I went to Costco they were sold out and they didn't know when they would restock. Went there today and they had just restocked, only took two packs even though I usually buy 4-6 packs.

Rtharlan

Reaction score
Slow here in northeast ohio and it doesnt help every nice day coming up is rain.

stay healthy everyone!

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Can’t tell much here in WV due to rain expected for another few days. We’re starting to lock down like everywhere else even without confirmed cases yet. Just a matter of time.

Twodose

Reaction score
We went to the local Giant market which are huge in this area, but before I went I called and asked them If there are lines waiting to get in and if people are panic shopping, and I was told that allot of the shelves are empty and was asked what I was looking for, and I said nothing in particular, but the girl told me to be there at 6 am if I wanted to get anything, didn’t really need anything in particular but went there just to see what is going on and I took some picture to describe it, this store is usually very well stocked, but all the toilet paper < tissues, everything in the paper isle gone, water, meat, canned goods, dairy, bread, milk, eggs, all gone, same for the local IGA, Wise markets in the area, I called them all before I went, they all said the same thing.

Attachments