What's new

Have an old hydrospray system

Kyle1

Reaction score
@MEP001 im planning pre building my LP set up and attach it to the top part of my soap tanks and working my way from there to start the simplifying process

Kyle1

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait on an update:
Currently stuck:
1) bay one is currently not setting power to it and I have metered it and it’s getting power to the box however my fuse (5amp keep blowing)
2) I still don’t know what I can get rid of the in the control panel @MEP001
I’m currently hitting a brick wall I rewired bay 4 and got the foam brush working but I still am wanting to simply the panel. I still have the Coleman push button panels

Kyle1

Reaction score
Huge update:
1) I simplified the wiring for the foam brush and it works way better
2) I found out why my fuse was blowing, the last dumb individual wired in a dosatron setup and was causing voltage to bounce back and forth on a screwed up timer

Kyle1

Reaction score
I have got the foam brush and tire cleaner working, however today I ran into the high pressure soap not working. I have checked my solenoids and cleaned them out, I have also put a larger tip size in the Hydrominder but I’m currently still getting no soap to my bays

Randy

Reaction score
I have got the foam brush and tire cleaner working, however today I ran into the high pressure soap not working. I have checked my solenoids and cleaned them out, I have also put a larger tip size in the Hydrominder but I’m currently still getting no soap to my bays
Do you have any voltage going to your soap solenoid valves?

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure your soap system is working correctly. You could have a bad foot valve, the Hydrominder could have a clogged inlet or foot valve screen, the valve may not be opening fully and it's not drawing soap. Check these things, and if it all looks okay dump some soap straight into the tank. If none of that helps, look for a screen in the tank or a check valve between it and the solenoids, or disconnect a line to a solenoid and drop it to the floor to see if you get gravity flow (That might be a first thing to try).

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
If the water tank to pump supply hoses are 3/4” the pumps are not going to draw soap. They’re getting all the water they need. Try restricting the water supply so the pump will suck soap/wax.

Turn the pump on to the soap selection with the trigger gun tied open.

Slowly close the ball valve on the pump supply line until the pump starts to rattle.

Then open the valve just until the rattle stops.

Remove the handle on the valve to prevent accidentally opening it in the future. (Or replumb the water supply with 1/2" hose.)

Kyle1

Reaction score
Sorry for the late replay. I am getting plenty of suction to the tank. I’m thinking it might be the hose plumbing I’m going to try and use the method you are talking about @cantbreak80

Kyle1

Reaction score
@cantbreak80 i tried to do that and no soap is going to the gun. I know it’s getting sucked into the tank and I also see it’s going to the solenoids but for some reason not. Getting out to the gun

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Kyle
Did you solve your No Soap issue?

FWIW, Your photos show Dema solenoid manifolds on the low pressure systems.

IF your soap solenoids are also Dema...I've experienced stuck plungers on Dema. Sometimes stuck closed, sometimes stuck open.
Carefully disassemble the stem and check to see if the plunger is stuck. Also check the plunger tip for being swollen. Swollen plunger tips will not allow outlet flow. Stuck plungers usually won't stop the flow.

Kyle1

Reaction score
They are Kip solenoids for the high pressure

Randy

Reaction score
Lets start at the chemical tank - what kind of soap are you using? What color tip are you using in the Hydrominder?
Do you have a strainer on the chemical tank? Is it clean?
Have you checked with a voltmeter that you are getting voltage to the soap solenoids?
Have you tried turning down the flow of water to the pump to make the pump suck harder?
Have you verified that the chemical is being drawn into the pump?

Kyle1

Reaction score
Lets start at the chemical tank - what kind of soap are you using? What color tip are you using in the Hydrominder?
Do you have a strainer on the chemical tank? Is it clean?
Have you checked with a voltmeter that you are getting voltage to the soap solenoids?
Have you tried turning down the flow of water to the pump to make the pump suck harder?
Have you verified that the chemical is being drawn into the pump?
I’m using PSI
2) I’m using a red tip
3) I don’t have a strainer and it is not clogged up
4) yes I have checked the voltage and I’m getting 24 v
5) I have turned down the flow of water
6) I and going to check the hosing going to the pump tomorrow
I am also going to lower the soap tank level a little more as well as check my voltage at the meter box

Kyle1

Reaction score
I’m also going to try what @MEP001 suggest and pour chemical directly into the tank

Randy

Reaction score
With a Red tip it should be foaming like a bastard and putting out a good show. What kind of soap are you using? Is there a possibility that your soap might have gotten frozen during the cold snap? Dump some soap into your tank and see what happens.