What's new

Futura Fail

eckert16

Reaction score
ummm...use a car to enter the wash, and use it to stop on the treadle...there are likely other eyes a vehicle would trip that a body will not trip.
Using cash, inside the ACW you were able to see / hear the appropriate relay engage, and you were able to see the PLC A1 A2 A3 or A4 to light up momentarily, correct?
re your CryptoPay, I assume you called cryptopay to register/pair the swiper/tap with the display and coordinator. As you know, if paired correctly, you'll see cascading rainbow on the swiper. if not, call CryptoPay to troubleshoot that issue.
re you outside lights, do you have a wiring schematic on the inside of your control panel door? That will show you the relay which should activate the lights.
It sounds like you have multiple issues going on.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Yes it does seem to be multiple issues. The cryptopay is registered & has the waterfall. The exterior light came on when I used test with car. With cash you could hear the relay click & it lit up a4 inside.

Bricks

Reaction score
Does your machine have photo eyes? On mine you need to be on the treadle (in my case it senses the car, you don’t drive on it)?
But you have to be at the treadle switch AND the front of the vehicle has to be at the first emitter and receiver, but not the second set.
The profiles of some vehicles have trouble tripping the “enter” eyes without also tripping the exit eyes. Just another variable to eliminate.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Yes this one has photo eyes & undercarriage switches. This treadle you do drive on. It could have washed the car if I had pulled it in, honestly I wasn’t expecting anything to happen so I didn’t have a vehicle near by. It still threw me off with the entry light not lighting up because I have seen it light up so it works. I just ran in & stepped on the treadle to see if it would start. I’m confused now because I’m getting at least something with cash & nothing with the cryptopay. I followed the cryptopay instructions to the letter, the led works, & it will verify & everything just not relay to the wash apparently.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I washed a car! The machine will work when cash is used. It doesn’t make any lights come on however & the cryptopay still isn’t working. If I followed the cryptopay instructions & installed it right is it possible my ecu is bad? I’m confused on what the next step should be?

eckert16

Reaction score
congrats on washing a car.
Inspect your lights, are they burnt out? There are usually junction boxes where the wires join, remove the cover and inspect the wire connections, trace back to the carwash Control panel terminal blocks.
In your carwash control panel, the terminal blocks connect your PLC inputs/outputs to your carwash relays, sensors, pressure switches, limit switches, and lights. I see you photo there are some missing relays. Do you think maybe your lights are controlled by relays? If lights are controlled by relays, are the relays turning on with the correct PLC outputs? (match with your wiring diagram/schematics).
Re your CryptoPay, ensure you are using their transformer for the swiper, (CryptoTap has its own transformer, don't share a single transformer). It may be an issue with the wiring/signal sent to the controller, inspect your connections to the acw coin/token acceptor and acw controller. (it may be connected to the coin when is should be token, or it may be connected to token when it should be token). Then check your ACW settings for Coin/Token values. If that all looks well, call Hamilton and they will help troubleshoot your controller over the phone (free) to see if it failed.

Rodj

Reaction score
In your 2nd video(2372) when it gets the signal, the enter light should have came on as relay A5 on the last bank/module engaged, which is the relay for the enter light.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I have removed the coin & token acceptors. Is that the problem? I followed the kleen rite install video & they didn’t say anything about the acceptors. I know that you hooked a wire to the coin acceptors when installing in a bay. I will double check the bulbs & fuses tomorrow.

eckert16

Reaction score
You stated you "followed the kleen rite install vide instructions for installing CryptoPay".

CryptoPay has it's own website with its own instructions for installing its own CryptoPay equpment. Please review the CryptoPay website/docs/videos to ensure your CryptoPay is installed correctly per the CryptoPay instructions. The CryptoPay website instructions tell you how to inter-connect the CryptoPay equipment to the coin/token acceptors that are part of your ACW/ Hamilton/ Pay Station. You might have to reinstall the coin & token acceptors (into the ACW of course) to ensure you are wiring the setup correctly (it is possible to get the cascading rainbow and not be wired to the ACW correctly). Then follow the previous responses.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
So I was able to get the cryptopay working today. I hadn’t connected 1 of the red & green wires to the 24v common. Now it decided to not run the length of the car on the wash cycle lol. I got a treadle alarm so I’m wondering if it’s the treadle sensor? I didn’t really have much time to troubleshoot today. We’re chipping away slowly. At this rate I’ll be using it the same time the Razor Triple Barrel comes out.

eckert16

Reaction score
Remember the little lights on the PLC, they key is to figure out what the lights are telling you are happening with the wash. (have a video camera in the bay so you can see the wash as the PLC is operating) certain lights illuminate on the PLC at certain events.
Record/watch the lights on your PLC while you are trying to get the wash up and running, and match it to what the wash is physcially doing. The PLC lights will Show you what the PLC is telling the wash to do, and the PLC lights will show you what the sensors are sending (or not) to the PLC.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
So I still haven’t gotten this thing running. I did mess with it today. I was able to was my truck, pulled out drove around to do it again. It would pre soak the whole vehicle but once the high pressure kicked on it would get about halfway up the hood & back up to the start. I got a treadle alarm on the uniop. I changed the treadle sensor with an old one I found in my junk. It washed the truck again but on the 2nd time it messed up again like before. Any ideas? Bad sensor? Getting water in it & causing it to mess up. It’s a Turck sensor & there is no telling how old they are. It’s good enough to start the wash. Also turns on the pull forward light it I got in & step on it.

Attachments

eckert16

Reaction score
Is this a new issue? Oct 27 you said you washed a car with cash...does cash no longer function as well? Did you succeed in getting a wash with crypto working? Have you been washing cars since last month success with cash? Are your washes programmed completely? Give us an idea of how far you have come with the wash since your successful wash on Oct 27, or was that a one time success and you've not even been able to duplicate that one wash?

Bricks

Reaction score
So I still haven’t gotten this thing running. I did mess with it today. I was able to was my truck, pulled out drove around to do it again. It would pre soak the whole vehicle but once the high pressure kicked on it would get about halfway up the hood & back up to the start. I got a treadle alarm on the uniop. I changed the treadle sensor with an old one I found in my junk. It washed the truck again but on the 2nd time it messed up again like before. Any ideas? Bad sensor? Getting water in it & causing it to mess up. It’s a Turck sensor & there is no telling how old they are. It’s good enough to start the wash. Also turns on the pull forward light it I got in & step on it.
I was getting the same thing on mine. I have a treadle sensor mounted under the guide rail. It sticks out a little bit and when people would scrub the rail, the sensor would drop down a little (oblong mounting hole) and that must’ve made the sensor a little too low to detect the the vehicle. It would kick cars out usually on the Presoak passes. I fixed it by wrapping a hose clamp around the sensor and the bracket, holding it in the highest part of the oblong hole.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Does your machine have the drive on treadle? This one does, a large bolt head on the pivot end comes down in front of the sensor. Not sure how it could move but I will definitely take a look.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Sorry no I haven’t been washing cars. Cryptopay is working as well as cash but I haven’t gotten the bugs worked out to trust it to run. Just using the washes that we’re already programmed in the machine.

Bricks

Reaction score
Does your machine have the drive on treadle? This one does, a large bolt head on the pivot end comes down in front of the sensor. Not sure how it could move but I will definitely take a look.
No it isn’t drive on, but I’d bet that’s your problem. You replaced it with an old one that was probably faulty as well.