What's new

Foam Brush Hose

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
^ Been using these for years.
Change them once a year before salt season.
Along with their aluminum handles and Universal brushes.

MEP001

Reaction score
^ Been using these for years.
Change them once a year before salt season.
Along with their aluminum handles and Universal brushes.
If you order crimped fittings on both ends, a black hose guard, and specify Continental brand hose, it should last at least a couple years.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
That’s what we’re using. I recently tried some uber flex hose from KR and that was a huge mistake! Expensive and kinked almost immediately. Lots of freeze ups, had to replace within a week. Also tried a hose from National Pride but the bend restrictors they use are a harder rubber (more like plastic) that snapped in half within a couple weeks. Had to to go back to these hoses. They’re not terrible but Jesus Kleen-Rite, STOP folding them into these tiny figure eights!! They’re ruining them. I have to hang them straight in my warehouse in front of the forced air room heater for a week to get the bends out of them KR puts into them.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm changing all bay hoses and hardware annually just to keep things looking nice. I give the older stuff away to my friends that run washes in rougher areas.

I've been meaning to try a mosmatic comfort high pressure hose as a low pressure hose- a little more expensive but all this stuff is relatively cheap in the scheme of things. One Months sewer bill is way more than I would spend on all new hardware,hoses in a Year.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm changing all bay hoses and hardware annually just to keep things looking nice. I give the older stuff away to my friends that run washes in rougher areas.

I've been meaning to try a mosmatic comfort high pressure hose as a low pressure hose- a little more expensive but all this stuff is relatively cheap in the scheme of things. One Months sewer bill is way more than I would spend on all new hardware,hoses in a Year.

We were thinking of trying that too because we really like them for the wands. If we did try one I would probably move one over to the brush from the wand and put a new one on it. When new they are really stiff and kinked up but after a short time they are nice. I'm guessing it is the hot water that straightens them out and it may never happen on the brush.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
We were thinking of trying that too because we really like them for the wands. If we did try one I would probably move one over to the brush from the wand and put a new one on it. When new they are really stiff and kinked up but after a short time they are nice. I'm guessing it is the hot water that straightens them out and it may never happen on the brush.
The comfort hose is an awesome hp wand hose. Would love to see stainless fittings on each end.

MEP001

Reaction score
Stainless fittings will more than double the cost of the hose assembly. The regular steel fittings already outlast the life of the hose, so it would be a waste of money.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve been making our own foam brush hoses for years. We use the Kleen-rite 3/8” X-Heavy Wall Polybraid Hose HPB06X, Brass 7327 ferrule, Brass 3/8 MIP x 3/8 Hose Barb BFA29-663/8 Black PVC Hose Guard HF0800. Crimp the ferrule on the hose with an Amflo 855 Hose Ferrule Crimper and you’re all done. It’s not all that hard to do.

Roz

Reaction score
We’ve been making our own foam brush hoses for years. We use the Kleen-rite 3/8” X-Heavy Wall Polybraid Hose HPB06X, Brass 7327 ferrule, Brass 3/8 MIP x 3/8 Hose Barb BFA29-663/8 Black PVC Hose Guard HF0800. Crimp the ferrule on the hose with an Amflo 855 Hose Ferrule Crimper and you’re all done. It’s not all that hard to do.
We have a crimper on order and will try the approach as I like the ability to make custom length, appreciate the suggestion. For the 3/8 hose we are looking at the KR crimp swivel fittings (KR HU0606MC) as it is a one stop solution. Any better crimp fitting to recommend? thx

Twodose

Reaction score
We have a crimper on order and will try the approach as I like the ability to make custom length, appreciate the suggestion. For the 3/8 hose we are looking at the KR crimp swivel fittings (KR HU0606MC) as it is a one stop solution. Any better crimp fitting to recommend? thx
You won't be able to crimp that fitting with a ferrule crimper.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of crimper do you have on order? Are you wanting to build high pressure hose? The fitting you have listed is a high pressure swivel fitting for a wire braid hose.

Twodose

Reaction score
And they are very heavy for low pressure hose that you would use for the foam brush, it's way overkill.
Use something like
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/search.aspx?searchterm=PLF204 < fittings
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/search.aspx?searchterm=GYI06BL < hose
You don't even have to crimp them, just push into the hose.
Or parker 3/8 pushlock fittings with parker hose < more expensive but way lighter than other hose.
High pressure hose is way overkill and heavier, more expensive, it will slap against the vehicle hard because of the weight, use LP hose with LP fittings.
Plus you will need a pnuamatic crimper to make the hose for the fittings you posted.

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I guess I will need to learn how it works when it arrives.
The tool needed for those fittings run $2,000 and up. The one Twodose pictured is more like $5,000. Even if you could crimp it, you don't want to use a swivel fitting like that. It's intended for installation of the hose and will not last as a working swivel.

We have a crimper on order
If you ordered the ferrule crimper, try it with these fittings.

Roz

Reaction score

I assume the ferrule goes over the push-in connector on the part inside the hose to hold it in place instead of a C clamp. Would like to avoid clamps if possible as they do not look great, can scratch things, and break.