What's new

Foam Brush Hose

traveler17

Reaction score
So like probably everyone here I’ve used the Foam Brush straight hose which in my cases like to kink. The coil fb hose gets in knots sometimes and not a fan of it slapping the car as customers brush. Anyone ever use hp hose for foam brush??

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
An operator advised me to use HP hose when I acquired the SS., to avoid kinking which can stop the weep. That is all I use.

Randy

Reaction score
We use 3/8” Poly Braid KR #HPB06H. I’ve never had a problem with it kinking. I have a Amflo 855 Air Hose Ferrule Crimping Tool to put the ends on.

MEP001

Reaction score

This stuff is great, except you may never get it from Kleen-Rite. I've ordered it twice, and they just never get it to me. From what I was told, I believe they order Kuriyama hose maybe once a year and they get it all in a shipping container, so they can't just bring in one roll just for me. This hose is very soft, light, and flexible, stays flexible in the cold, but it holds up to the abuse and it will not kink.

I also like this:

It's pretty expensive for foam brush hose, but it lasts many years. It holds up well enough that I can cut it about a foot too long, and over the five or so years it lasts I'll have to replace the bend restrictor two or three times over its life, which means you have to cut off a few inches and put on a new bend restrictor. It's stiffer and heavier than the Kuriyama but it does not kink.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use 3/8" ID Goodyear Black air hose on all LP functions. Even have it outside in the truck bay. I can't remember the last time I've changed a hose and have never found it kinked. Using the right swivels help.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use 3/8" ID Goodyear Black air hose on all LP functions. Even have it outside in the truck bay. I can't remember the last time I've changed a hose and have never found it kinked. Using the right swivels help.
They must last a long time since all their hose is now made under Continental.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use pushlock/instagrip/lock on hose. I like it better than air hose. Vandalism/theft not a real issue usually at my washes so I don't use wire braid.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We use 3/8” Poly Braid KR #HPB06H. I’ve never had a problem with it kinking. I have a Amflo 855 Air Hose Ferrule Crimping Tool to put the ends on.
Randy &/or others,

We might try to get 50' of that specific hose. It sounds great. But ... since we do not have any crimping tools ... I wonder what is the next best way to put NPT threaded end fittings on cut sections of it???

MEP001

Reaction score
We might try to get 50' of that specific hose. It sounds great. But ... since we do not have any crimping tools ... I wonder what is the next best way to put NPT threaded end fittings on cut sections of it???

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The crimping tool Mep linked to is the one I use. Seems to work well as long as you have the right barb fitting and ferrule.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I use pushlock/instagrip/lock on hose. I like it better than air hose. Vandalism/theft not a real issue usually at my washes so I don't use wire braid.
The pushlock hose also means no clamp or crimping tool which is helpful vs the air hose.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The crimping tool Mep linked to is the one I use. Seems to work well as long as you have the right barb fitting and ferrule.
I wonder if hi pressure hose reusable ends could be used? Then a "not used often enough" crimping tool would not have to be purchased.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder if hi pressure hose reusable ends could be used? Then a "not used often enough" crimping tool would not have to be purchased.
For what you'd spend on ten reusable fittings (Which are usually not reusable) you could buy the tool. The ferrules are about 50¢ apiece. I know a guy who uses them, and he crimps the hose with ferrules right over the Flojet plastic barbs.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
The pushlock hose also means no clamp or crimping tool which is helpful vs the air hose.
The push lock will start leaking in a few months. Then you cut it off which is a pain, and re-install it and try a hose clamp, but them after a few months it's leaking again.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
When you cut the hose off the push lock fitting, make sure you use some emory paper or a course scotch bright pad and clean the push lock fitting thoroughly. It should hold, leak free for a long time.

MEP001

Reaction score
The push lock will start leaking in a few months. Then you cut it off which is a pain, and re-install it and try a hose clamp, but them after a few months it's leaking again.
You have to use push-lock hose and push-lock fittings together. It will hold and not leak.