What's new

Foam brush heads

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I am still waiting on the metal head Erie NOGshair brushes. I did get 4 more of the Nog hair brushes in from Kleenrite. 3 of the 4 had been used by someone who had stripped the threads and some of the bristles were smooshed so they had been used a while. KR said they must have come from the MFG. that way. Now all the hassle of sending them back etc.

OK, which one of you guys did that? :)

MEP001

Reaction score
I am still waiting on the metal head Erie NOGshair brushes. I did get 4 more of the Nog hair brushes in from Kleenrite. 3 of the 4 had been used by someone who had stripped the threads and some of the bristles were smooshed so they had been used a while. KR said they must have come from the MFG. that way. Now all the hassle of sending them back etc.
I've had manufacturers tell me they don't sell certain things through Kleen-Rite because of issues like that.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. Just bought 8 more of the "Nogs Hair" brushes since I had very good luck with the first ones I bought. Only issue I had with the original ones, when tapping out to 3/4" pipe threads, 2 of the heads cracked when inserting the 1/2" to 3/4" brass adapter. I guess going to the larger diameter threads made the wall thickness thin enough to crack under pressure. So I ordered the Acme thread to 1/2" brass adapter to try so I don't have to do any altering. For those of you that used this adapter, did you use any glue/epoxy? Or was the connection strong enough without using anything to bond the brass fitting to the plastic head?

For the ones that cracked, I tried using gorilla glue, but they wouldn't hold when tightening the 1/2" x 3/4" brass bushing. So I bought a Wavy Staple like wire plastic welder I'm going to try to see if that holds up. I'll let you know if it works...

Since this thread is already 2 years old, I'm guessing I get about a year out of the brushes! Just as good as the Erie ones for $60-$70

Foam Brush Adapter | Foamy Brush Adapter | Foam Brush Handle Converter | Erie Brush Accessories (kleen-ritecorp.com)

Synthetic Hogs Hair Foam Brush | Hog Hair Alternative | High Quality Foam Brushes | Kleen-Rite (kleen-ritecorp.com)

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried one with the adapter. IIRC it was about half that price at the time, so I wasn't worried about making it a one-use item. I drilled a hole through the plastic and into the adaptor, tapped it, and used Loctite on the threads, then cut off the screw head. I didn't fully tap the adaptor so I could feel the screw tighten up before it went through.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Tried the nogs hair and it was OK. However, I get such long life out of my brush heads that I'm really not concerned about the cost. I could see them useful in an area where theft or abuse of brushes is a problem.