What's new

CryptoPay Credit Card Acceptance System

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Vending Machine Use of Cryptopay

I talked to Dave @ Cryptopay about a week ago concerning its use in the ShurVend vending machines. It is not compatible with the MDB software in our vendors yet, but it may happen sometime soon. I sure hope so.

In the meantime we still have the Edge ePort available and the Arrow system from Coinco.

Uncle Sam :)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
1/27/2012 - 2/27/2012 Records Found: 29 Total: $595.19
First full month --jan was partial month and only had $48 and fees of $3.40
Largest amount was $16.10 by one person. seems like a perfect system so far.
It will probably go higher on better months--I do live in the frozen northland.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
2/19/2012 - 2/19/2012 Records Found: 14 Total: $66.65
Deposit Date > Transaction List

Card # Date Amount Type Card Type

02/20/2012 $2.70 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $12.00 Sale M/C Detail
02/20/2012 $2.65 Sale M/C Detail
02/20/2012 $2.00 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $4.55 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $6.80 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $2.75 Sale DISC Detail
02/20/2012 $2.00 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $5.00 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $2.80 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $4.95 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $6.95 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $7.95 Sale VISA Detail
02/20/2012 $3.55 Sale VISA Detail

The 29 (Records) means days-- not customers, I pasted this from the busiest day i had last month. The system stops at $10, so the $12 charge they had to swipe the card 2 times, or came back with another car. It also showed not one person used a debit card for the month, which i thought more people used. Not too many used the minimum.

6t7gto

Reaction score
First full month --jan was partial month and only had $48 and fees of $3.40

Am I figuring this correctly?
The fees approximate 7%?

Classic Car Wash

Reaction score
Just installed 4 readers in my self serve bays. Very simple and seamless install. I highly recommend this system.

RL

4csuns

Reaction score
Doesn't CryptoPay plan on being at the Las Vegas Trade Show? I would hope so.

Randy

Reaction score
Yes, Genesys Technologies will be at the show, Booth #580

Has anyone thought about installing a CryptoPay reader to their Bill Changer to dispense Tokens? I think it would be easy to do.

Last edited:

4csuns

Reaction score
Genesys Technologies...Innovative Payment Solutions...CryptoPay. Lots of names and I didn't look close enough. My bad. I'll see them at the show.
Thanks for the heads up.

washnut

Reaction score
crypto pay testimony

Just came across this story on the crypto pay system and want to pass on our opinion.

We started installing in feb 2012( 3 bays) added two more in april and the last bay in sept. I phased them in due to my schedual and available time.
Install was quick and simple less than a hour per bay.

Volumes have been steadily increasing.

We are seeing approxamatly 25 to 40 transactions per week and growing. averarage sale is around 30% higher than cash and the system should be payed off from sales it has generated it looks like in around 12 to 14 months from first install.

Now I know that all the sales are not new customers ,some have been converted from cash and we are ok with this. Less risk of cash on site , auto deposit ect. But my estimate would be 50 % of the users are new to us This along with the fact that they spend more than cash makes for an increase in gross.I believe it also leaves the cash and coin in there pocket to be spent on vac and vend intead of washing and we now have a promotional product that helps us appeal to a new market, shows we are progressive in the market place which motavates all customers to want to use our business.

My Awesome wife promotes it through face book and twitter and we are currenntly running our first cc promotion.We are working with Crypto pay to give our cc customers a 25% discount over cash for the month of oct to get our number of users up so we can train people how easy it is to use.

For years i looked at systems that seemed very complex and exteemly costly with very long pay backs so it was refreshing to find a system that was cost effective , simple to install ,requires virtually no operator monitoring or maintenance with top notch customer service as well as a fast payback.

I have a full time day job as well as many kids and two car washes It was important to me that i does not require my daily attention to operate.

Thanks to Dave , Cory and all others at crypto pay

SuperClean

Reaction score
I would buy it today if it would work in Canada hopefully soon.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Idx just came out with a credit card reader for Canada they are $600 each but i think its the best option right now so I'm going to give it a try. It just has a single swipe and time option but I'm going to go with $7 a swipe and see how that goes.

Semi-retired

Reaction score
What is needed for computer and software to operate a crypto pay setup? How would you setup discounts or refunds with this kind of system if a customer had an issue?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What is needed for computer and software to operate a crypto pay setup? How would you setup discounts or refunds with this kind of system if a customer had an issue?
No computer / software used.

So few issues on a rare occasion I just gave the customer $. You can log into your account and review all charges and if you have the card and a terminal issue a refund like you would for any other CC transaction.

If you want to give all CC use a deal you could set up the pulse per $ differently than your bill or coin acceptors.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Currently we offer either First Data or Heartland... whichever you prefer.

Any idea when other payers might be offered? I already have a merchant account here in my city and I would like to use them .... their backend is global pay....

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
Sorry, as far as I am aware there are currently no plans to add additional merchant processors in the near future. We've tried a few different processors... some with less than stellar results... and decided to stay with what we have in place for now.