What's new

CryptoPay Credit Card Acceptance System

JIMT

Reaction score
I can't find their site on the internet. I found a site but no pictures just talking about software.
jimt

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I like this system if it works well and the readers prove to be reliable over time. One question I have is how the does the system check the card? The web site doesn't address how the system checks the cards validity or credit available? Where we have in-bay credit card acceptance, we use count up and have a maximum charge of $25; I would definitely want to know that the persons card is valid and has $25 worth of credit available before allowing them to wash. If there is a way to exploit the system, believe me, our customers will find it!

I'm also curious about the systems reporting capability. It sounds like they are working on a few things, but I would like a way to see which swiper did how much business so that you could keep track of revenue by bay, vacuum, vending etc. The way they describe it, you wouldnt be able to do that through your merchant processor's web site.

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
One question I have is how the does the system check the card?
The card is preauthorized by an amount specified by you... we can do 25$ no problem. If the $25 is not in their account the transaction is denied. Also it checks date codes etc. before it sends the authorization so you aren't sending data every time someone swipes their grocery store card or an outdated credit card.

As far as a more advanced way of monitoring your swipers online... we are working on that as we speak... Honestly it may be a couple months out yet but will be available to current customers as well as new. Currently you can view each car wash location you own through your merchant processor but not each bay.

Last edited:

mjc3333

Reaction score
How does the system handle the new law that took effect back in Oct 2011 concerning what is actually charged on your system compared to what is actually available on the card (Debit Check Cards)?

I think the law was passed because of CC companies (Visa MC Discover etc.) were letting their customers "overcharge" on their Debit / Check Cashing cards with huge penalties. The CC companies answer was to pass the problem onto the merchant. Let the merchant decide IF they will accept less than what is due (so the customer cannot overcharge), and then ask the customer for the additional payment at time of the sale.

We do not take CC in our SS yet, but at our other business got burned by a few people that gave us a "charge card" (Debit or Check Cashing), that was processed for the full amount, yet was only at the time "approved for" what was actually on the card itself. Our system processed the card for what was available on the card only. We did not discover the problem until we did a reconciliation on the account at the end of the month.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwybnyXioLk&feature=email

My youtube link to the cryptopay reader in use. I will probably start to get addicted to youtube now. The video shows how easy the crypto pay is to use. JIMT said he couldn't find their website-- heres the link i always use.

http://getcryptopay.com/howitworks.html

John
Any other signs instructing customer?

Any customer feedback? Specificaly sign above time message says time remaining but it's count up?

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
Do I have to use their merchant provider and if so what are the merchant fees?
Currently we offer either First Data or Heartland... whichever you prefer.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I do have a sign that instructs the customer to swipe card and the maximum charge, and minimum charge and the time you get. It looks pretty close to the crypto pay signs on their website, just had a local guy make them. It is picture 8 of 13 on their website. You can also make this unit just give one cycle from your wash with one card swipe, and if you push the button it either adds a $1 or I think another cycle. The customer can add more time without getting the card out again. I really needed new bay boxes as they are pretty small , When i get to the next wash with cc's will either get new boxes or a new box to mount them on.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea of a $5 start for credit cards, and adding $2 with the press of a button. Or $5 start and count up/press stop to end charges/wash.

I also like the idea of a separate stainless steel plate or box to mount the swiper on.

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
I like the idea of a $5 start for credit cards, and adding $2 with the press of a button. Or $5 start and count up/press stop to end charges/wash.
No problem, we can do that.

Cory@Genesys

Cryptopay CC Systems
Reaction score
We do have a Vend mode that we just developed recently. As far as IBAs go we are working on a solution... we have been installed on an automatic that had a single price and we can do that again... but as far as a multi-price unit hopefully we will have something later this year.

Randy

Reaction score
Hey Whale of a Wash, How about an update on the Cryptopay system? Everything good? What are the fee’s running?