What's new

Coleman 1034r

John_Thomas

Reaction score
Maybe once a year if that. There was a time that If I had one go bad I would just replace with a new one. I kick myself on how much money Ive wasted replacing versus fixing. Since then I have never had a 1034r/s timer that was unrepairable at B&C Electronics. I think it was actually the guys at Coleman that turned me on to them a few years ago. As you probably know they are the manufacturer of the 1034r/s timers Coleman uses.

Timers have become a non issue for me now.

DJGall

Dirty Dawg
Reaction score
If you ever take apart one of the 1034r/s timers that is broken, I am 85% certain you will find a small electrical component that its broken loose from the PCB (printed circuit board).

This component can be re-soldered to the PCB with a small soldering gun from Radio Shack. Very simple fix; if you have a soldering gun, a small vice to clamp the board, and maybe a magnifying glass to carefully perform your work.

I have a good friend that owns an electronics shop, he solders them up for me when they break.

docscarwash

Reaction score
Just reading thru this post and am trying to program a 1034R timer. Do you still have the programming manual? I would certainly appreciate the help. Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
Im having trouble with my 1034 s timer does anyone have a manual
The best thing you can do is toss the Coleman 1034R timer in the dumpster and replace it with a Dixmor LED-6S timer, they are a much better timer.

John bush

Reaction score
I have a 1034 s timer on a shampooer vac . When i put one quarter it counts 2 quarters .does anyone have a manual thanks

slash007

Reaction score
I haven't found the manual, but if it is counting a quarter as two, most likely you have the coin value set at .50. Change that to .25 and you should be good. Go through the menu and it is the first option I think.

txheat

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is toss the Coleman 1034R timer in the dumpster and replace it with a Dixmor LED-6S timer, they are a much better timer.
also note dixmor led does not fit in preexisting slot....some modification is necessary.

toddmullens

Reaction score
also note dixmor led does not fit in preexisting slot....some modification is necessary.
Will this replace the swipe n clean timers as well? They have 1034R swipe n clean and 1034 non swipe n clean timers. I believe the difference is the non swipe n clean timers do not rely on the key pad to make the selection of vacuum or shampoo rather they have a yellow push button.

slash007

Reaction score
For 1034R timers, it's plug and play. Just need to buy the larger mount for the timer. For the 1034S timers, it can be plug and play, but you need to break off part of the 10 pin connector so that it fits in the 8 pin slot. The 2 pins you are removing are the SNC part. The Dixmor timers will not work with SNC.

txheat

Reaction score
This is the best time to replace the 1034R with dixmore. JC just gave me that reason to do so. I havent in the past because of price difference wasnt much. I just ordered one $407 !!!!

txheat

Reaction score
Can someone give me info to B&C for timer repair? thanks!

Randy

Reaction score
This is the best time to replace the 1034R with dixmore. JC just gave me that reason to do so. I havent in the past because of price difference wasnt much. I just ordered one $407 !!!!
Please tell me you didn't order a 1034R timer for $407!!! The Dixmor LED-6 timer is a much better timer.

txheat

Reaction score
i did both. I had to order 1034r because the KR took over a week to send the dixmore. I couldnt go over the weekend without 1 bay down. So i would appreciate if someone would send me the BC info to repair the 1034r.

Randy

Reaction score
You should have let someone know you needed a Dixmor LED-6S timer. I would replace all the 1034R timers with the LED-6S timers before they fail. There’s no way I’d put any money into repairing a Coleman 1034R timer.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I ordered a led6s from Randy and got it three days later.

It will cost $100 to get a timer repaired. Premier Car wash systems in Macon, Ga has some refurbished ones for $125 each.

LED6s is roughly $300 for a new one with much better display. Also, they work great with count up crytopay. If you are converting to credit cards anytime soon I would get those.