What's new

2017 ICA Convention

Randy

Reaction score
Anyone planning on going to the 2017 ICA convention in Las Vegas on April 4th – 6th

Eric H

Reaction score
I am planning on going but have not made any reservations yet. I prefer to go anywhere but Las Vegas but I need to shop for some new equipment.
My main interest is in new Credit card systems for the SS bays. My Etowah Valley system is now about 10 years old. while it has been working flawlessly for the past 5-6 years I am interested in pay-by-phone and Fleet and loyalty cards.

soapy

Reaction score
I plan on going this year. As always the highlight will be the forum dinner.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I'd like to attend my first one. I plan on it, but my life seemingly changes by the day. Hopefully the third attempt is a charm.

cmawash

Reaction score
all signed up and added my lead people this year, this is where we look, ask questions, look for weak spots in equipment and buy equipment, have always come with new ideals and ways to improve. where else can you take a close up look. yes it cost money but we have made money with equipment we have bought there. and have avoided buy some junk, this year its high security locking on meters, been hit a few times, cameras, vending ideals hope ICA will make it easy for Venders to show hardware

washme1

Reaction score
all signed up and added my lead people this year, this is where we look, ask questions, look for weak spots in equipment and buy equipment, have always come with new ideals and ways to improve. where else can you take a close up look. yes it cost money but we have made money with equipment we have bought there. and have avoided buy some junk, this year its high security locking on meters, been hit a few times, cameras, vending ideals hope ICA will make it easy for Venders to show hardware
An anecdote regarding your search for high security locks. I use Medico. Two thieves drilled on a Medico plug in a ss meter box for 90 minutes and did not get in. Locksmith spent another hour and 2 or 3 drill bits to get in. They then used their pickup truck to knock over my ACW made of concrete filled panels. They left with a damaged truck, no ACW and no money.

PEI

Reaction score
I am so tired of Vegas, but I am still going. It is a great chance to get up close to the equipment, ask the engineers questions and to network.

bdsautocare

AWARD WINNING CAR SERVICE
Reaction score
80, Kildare Street, North Geelong, Australia
I think this the Car Wash Show is a 3 day event being held from 4th April to 6th April 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, United States Of America. This event showcases products like car wash equipment and supply solutions and various other products related to the car maintenance industry etc. in the Automotive, Industrial Products industries.

cmawash

Reaction score
we go to buy equipment, went to Nashville and now going to Vegas , seems the ICA is interested in justifying their existence. we go to the show to see and buy equipment, that's our interest. Nashville was short on other things to do, so we did a little touring on our own. at least vegas has things to do .Consider show management on the weak side compared to the levels we had in Nashville from past conventions for other things to do.

Randy

Reaction score
Are there any thoughts on where to have the Forum dinner this year? My vote is for the Hash House a Go Go. http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/vegas/ we’ve always had a good meal at the Hash House a Go Go in the LinQ, the LinQ is centrally located on the strip in the old Imperial Palace. The portions are huge, it’s almost impossible to go away hungry.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's do it - Hash House at the LinQ it is. What night do you want to go?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The second night of the convention seems to usually work the best. The ICA usually has some event on the first night, and also some suppliers have parties as well.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so let's plan on Wednesday night, April 5th, at 6:30.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Is there an opening night event this year? Haven't seen anything about it.
Apparently not. It seems the last few years they have had something going on that night. I still haven't gotten over them busing us to Disneyworld back in '08. It was so loud you couldn't hear yourself fart, but on the bright side we did get to see the human slinky. It's not everyone that can say that...:D

Etowah