What's new

2017 ICA Convention

VetteCity

Reaction score
This is a cut and paste from the post I made in the events section before I found this thread.
Count me in for the Wednesday night dinner if its OK.

Hello everyone I am a new forum member and also a new owner of an old SS car wash in Bowling Green KY that will need a full rehab.( I will have many Questions in the near future). I am going to the car wash show in Las Vegas April 4-6 to see what the car wash world has in store for me. I have NO experience in the car wash business and would enjoy meeting any of you and hearing your words of wisdom. If anyone would like to meet for dinner or ramble the show floor just let me know.
I would like to thank all of you who share your knowledge on this forum. It has been a wealth of info to this newbie.
Thanks
Jim

VetteCity

Reaction score
Thank You
What part of the state are you from? I saw in an old post where you said you had a friend in KY with a pit cleaner for sale and I wondered if you were from Ky and were talking about one of the previous owners of the wash I purchased.

I will be staying at Circus Circus Rv Park. I will be Driving out and hope to arrive Sunday night or Monday noonish. I am Solo.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I would very much like to attend, just not sure I can. There are so many good people who visit this event! Recent deaths in the family turned an already impossible schedule upside down. But, alas, the car wash has been humming along with absolutely no problems at all for this entire winter. If I can attend, it will be a last minute addition.

btw, I recently saw a new Self Serve being built near Fallon, Nevada. Looks like a nice facility.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I'm struggling going vs staying home with my family and doing fun stuff.

For someone not really looking to buy new equipment, how useful is the show to a 4/2 & dog wash Self Serv operator? I see there are really only like 2 or 3 seminars for SS's, and was just wondering?

Thanks

Last edited:

Eric H

Reaction score
I see there are really only like 2 or 3 seminars for SS's, and was just wondering?
I also noticed that there was not much offered on the SS end. I am going but will likely only purchase the "Floor Only" pass. It's too bad really, I see that the SS's I see seem to be doing well. Professional Carwash Consultants keep telling us that SS's are dead or the market is shrinking. That is NOT my experience in my market. I suspect the people that are running the ICA are listening to the consultants thus ignoring our segment.

It looks like most of the guys from the forum are staying at Harrah's. If you are in the area I'm sure we will be getting together in the hotel in addition to the Forum dinner.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I also noticed that there was not much offered on the SS end. I am going but will likely only purchase the "Floor Only" pass. It's too bad really, I see that the SS's I see seem to be doing well. Professional Carwash Consultants keep telling us that SS's are dead or the market is shrinking. That is NOT my experience in my market. I suspect the people that are running the ICA are listening to the consultants thus ignoring our segment.

It looks like most of the guys from the forum are staying at Harrah's. If you are in the area I'm sure we will be getting together in the hotel in addition to the Forum dinner.

I just booked my flight and hotel. Figured what the heck. I'm staying across the street form the convention center in the Courtyard Mariott but will for sure like to meet up with some/all of you.

I've been traveling more than staying put lately!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Not sure when you guys arrive, but I'm meeting up with VetteCity Monday evening to grab a bite. I told him a bunch of us were staying at the same place and he said it would be great if others came along. Consider that an invite.

VetteCity

Reaction score
Where are we eating Monday night? I will be ready for a good steak some time that week.
Are there any suggestions on where the best steak in vegas would be?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Lots of good steak places in LV. I peruse Vegas forums all the time. Ask 20 Vegas vets and you'll get 25 different answers. There's a Ruth's Chris right there in Harrah's where several of us are staying, Gallagher's in NYNY, and many others. Actually, the biggest surprise is the Steakhouse in Circus Circus. In general CC is pretty much a $h!th0le, but the steakhouse consistently gets great reviews. I've eaten there once myself and was very pleased. I'm up for a good steak too.

Car_Wash_Guy, when do you get in?

kentadel

Reaction score
I am attending and will arrive Monday evening. We are staying at Treasure Island. I will try to make it to the Hash House Wednesday evening.

Randy

Reaction score
Okay, so let's plan on Wednesday night, April 5th, at 6:30.
Anyone think about making reservations at the Hash House at the LinQ for Wednesday night April 5th at 6:30pm.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reservations are made for the Hash House at the LinQ for Wednesday, 4/5 at 6:30pm under the name AutoCareForum.

VetteCity

Reaction score