What's new

WW Razor Grease Fittings on Unloader Valves

water guy

Reaction score
I noticed one of my Unloader Valves is dripping out of one of the Grease Fittings .I was told not to Grease them but on the Unloader Valve itself it says use silicone grease.Does anyone Grease these Fittings?

Attachments

copperglobe

Reaction score
I used to grease them on a routine basis. They all would leak. Now, two years running, I haven't greased them since and no leaks. I talked to a regional maintenance guy if he greases those when he works on Razors. Nope. He says "if you grease them they'll leak". I even tried that silicone grease WW recommends- leaks.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm sure they have made modifications to the current line of these unloaders to address this issue otherwise I won't know what to replace it with.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm sure they have made modifications to the current line of these unloaders to address this issue otherwise I won't know what to replace it with.
This is what I've used on a number of machines. They last a long time, up to ten years.

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
My unloaders seem to need a new o-ring installed every 6 months to a year. Doesn't take long just annoying not being able to shut the water off, I'll try the above next time, thank you!

mac

Reaction score
Well it does have internal moving parts. Be careful about overdressing.