What's new

Worldpay now offering gift/loyalty cards for Cryptopay

OurTown

Reaction score
At the show in Nashville we talked to a couple of Worldpay reps at the Cryptopay booth. They said they just rolled out Cryptopay gift/loyalty cards after testing them for months. I can't remember for sure but it seems like they were about $1.70~ish each if you bought only 100 and they went down from there with larger quantities. Custom printing is included. We are probably going to buy 100 and play around with them. Did anyone else notice these at the show?

pgrzes

Reaction score
I thought they said they were about to roll them out? Along with the ability to activate a timer from the mycryptopay page. I got there to their booth late Tuesday so didnt get too much time there, but looked interesting. They have been a really good company to deal with for me.

bert79

Reaction score
I am most definitely interested in this!! Anyone out there have experience with it yet? Sounds like Cryptopay and Worldpay are listening and reacting to the market. We've been very happy with Cryptopay but gift cards/loyalty cards would help a lot since we are unable to offer memberships at this time given our dated equipment.

Rainway

Reaction score
I am signing up for this. If you order before end of June you can get 100 cards free. From my discussion with them, worked out to just over $1 per card if you get a few hundred cards.

I have cryptopay on my vacuums, not on my Hamilton Gold Line autocashiers (hooked to Water Wizard 2.0’s). I’d like to offer customers a one—gift card solution so I was thinking it would be great if I could add cryptopay’s to my Hamilton Gold Lines but since I have much better rates already from my processor for those - I’d like to ask Cryptopay to shut off credit cards completely on a per-device basis and only accept gift cards (like you can choose to accept AMEX or not)... then customers with Visa/MC at the wash would have to use the swiper already built into the Gold Lines but if they had gift card then they would use the cryptopay’s.... If anybody is so inclined maybe request the same ability and maybe it will get their attention / some traction.

Rainway

Reaction score
I wrote CryptoPay about making it so we can turn off credit cards acceptance (and just have gift cards) on a swiper by swiper basis. They wrote back that WorldPay does not offer a way to turn off acceptance by swiper for the credit card feature so they would not be able to assist me.

I told CryptoPay I don't want to pay 5% to WorldPay for the same machines that I already have card other swipers that cost me ~3% -- but if they figured out a way to turn off credit cards then I would buy more CrytpoPays.

OurTown

Reaction score
This Worldpay gift card program has been kind of disappointing. It is going to be difficult to remember everything that has happened so far in the last few months as there was a lot. We ordered two tiers of rewards percentage cards. One higher percentage to try out for fleets and a lower percentage for all other customers. My wife designed the card art so there was no charge for that. When the cards arrived they would not work and they said it was Cryptopay's issue. We went back and forth between them both and finally got the lower tier to work. The higher tier cards ended up being total duds because Worldpay made an error in the coding and they had to remake them. Now we can load up a card with our merchant account fine but when we try to reload like a customer, their glitchy website rejects all the credit cards we tried. There were a few other issues we had to work through too. The two people we have worked with are great but I don't think fixing all the technical glitches are a top priority for Worldpay. At this point we are still hopeful this is going to eventually work and Mrs. Our Town is going a little honey badger on them. Has anyone else tried this gift card program?

KleanRide

Reaction score
Bummed to hear this. I was about to place an order for cards. Might wait until they work out the bugs.

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
I have found worldpays tech support to be a joke. I wanted a swiper to connect to my iPhone so I could sell tokenotes. They sold me one but took 2 weeks and probably 20-30 hours on the phone repeating the problem over and over to different reps. Every time with end with “I’m going to have to escalate this.” I’d call back the next day and they’d say “we don’t see a ticket for this problem” just like Groundhog Day.

I was just about to order the cards for this but maybe I’ll wait until I see something a little more promising. Sounds like y’all are in the same position I was in.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have been back and forth with three different people now and the issue is not resolved yet. I assume no Cryptopay customer is able to get these cards to work. Worldpay does not appear to care if this works or not and they obviously rolled this out too soon with all its bugs.

mac

Reaction score
Well the times, they are a'changin. It wasn't that long ago when I would ask operators how much they spent on advertising. Most of the time I just got blank looks back. At least the industry is starting to catch up with the rest of the economy.

Roz

Reaction score
We have the cards. Made up nice signs placed next to meter boxes. We give $5 as a gift preloaded, 20% bonus on reload and 10% back on use, so 30% savings. I gave away 15 so far, none have registered for the program (and these people are regulars). Need to figure out why.

Only benefit so far is if someone complains about a function not working (always the dryer hose coming off the motor) I give them a card and they appreciate the $5 refund/gift. Still not getting people to use them but may be a learning curve.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have the cards. Made up nice signs placed next to meter boxes. We give $5 as a gift preloaded, 20% bonus on reload and 10% back on use, so 30% savings. I gave away 15 so far, none have registered for the program (and these people are regulars). Need to figure out why.

Only benefit so far is if someone complains about a function not working (always the dryer hose coming off the motor) I give them a card and they appreciate the $5 refund/gift. Still not getting people to use them but may be a learning curve.

Roz, have you tried to reload one as a customer would? We still have the issue that gives an error when reloading.Twice this week they told us they fixed it and to try it again. It's getting ridiculous.

Roz

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, had to find my card. I tested a preloaded card, it worked fine. I then registered a card in my name, loaded it manually. Card works for manually loading $, the bonus and rebate features however I just tried to ADD my credit card info to my account and get an error. Need to call them tomorrow. Probably not the reason the card has not been used yet as they can use it with the $5 that is preloaded with out adding their CC, however it is troubling to see this issue given all their hype! Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
They rolled it out at the Nashville car wash show in May and here we are three months later and it does not work.

OurTown

Reaction score
I just tried to reload a card and it works!

Roz

Reaction score
YOU must be fortunate. Still getting....

An error occurred while processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again or contact your merchant if you experience additional errors.

OurTown

Reaction score
I will try another card and our different tier first before saying that the whole system works fine.

Roz

Reaction score
So the Reload via Credit Card has been fixed on our account too. The Tech support person, Sarah, was most helpful and seemed to know immediately the issue and how to resolve it. There is some merchant code that was not setup on the account. Works now. I like the concept of the card however the execution of the program has been very rocky - guess the price paid for being an early adapter.

Issue is on the WorldPay side of things. Call the 888-519-8539 to speak with WorldPay. WorldPay is trying to migrate everyone to the new IQ system which is buggy, not user friendly, and still a work in progress. Guess we are taking baby steps forward.

Last edited:
Etowah