What's new

Worldpay now offering gift/loyalty cards for Cryptopay

OurTown

Reaction score
I just checked a card from our lower tier and worked fine also.

Roz

Reaction score
I have been trying to use the AccessIQ website with the gift cards, not easy to do and some of the functions (like balance transfer between cards) does not appear to work. Frankly we have had enough problems with the Rewards cards that I would recommend that people wait until WorldPay and CryptoPay get the bugs out of the system. Not ready for prime time...

KleanRide

Reaction score
Their sales rep has been bugging me to order cards, says all the bugs are worked out and everything is working flawlessly. I told her she may want to do some Googling to see what the industry is saying about their cards

Roz

Reaction score
The issue seems to be their partner, WorldPay. They are difficult to work with and have most of the issues. After repeatedly being asked to input my merchant number I get connected to a tech person who promptly puts me on the dreaded hold. Then the phone goes back to the beginning where I need to re-input the merchant number only to get placed on hold again. Eventually just hung up after 15 min on hold.

WorldPay is going to sink the CryptoPay Rewards card program! The *New* WorldPay website and software is extremely buggy and not all functions appear to work properly. The interface looks like it was written by a DOS programmer, not someone who knows how to program Windows.....Very unfortunate for our industry since the concept has great potential.

Roz

Reaction score
UPDATE: WorldPay is totally disorganized. Tech support is not able to help. Their new AccessIQ website does not work for even a simple check balance function. Very frustrating. This issue has been going on since May with more excuses than I can count. Recommend waiting for a better implementation or a competitor to come along. What a waste of money!

MEP001

Reaction score
Recommend waiting for a better implementation or a competitor to come along.
Hamilton has a very good system, unfortunately the hardware is VERY expensive and everything has to be wired. No installing it on vacs unless the wash was built with it in mind.

RAM

Reaction score
I have customers using the IDX Wicket system (Loyalty). Customers say the loyalty cards can be pre-paid or post-pay fleet depending on how owners setups the users card. The cards are used on the paystations, bays, and vacs. The IDX devices can be installed on vacs via WIFI access if CAT5 wire not able to be run to vacuums. Some are using the Wicket card as a "Free Vacuum" option with their RFID loyalty system to compete with the EE's down the road.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have customers using the IDX Wicket system (Loyalty). Customers say the loyalty cards can be pre-paid or post-pay fleet depending on how owners setups the users card. The cards are used on the paystations, bays, and vacs. The IDX devices can be installed on vacs via WIFI access if CAT5 wire not able to be run to vacuums. Some are using the Wicket card as a "Free Vacuum" option with their RFID loyalty system to compete with the EE's down the road.

Do you work for IDX?

RAM

Reaction score
Yes. I was with a carwash company for over 25 years which we were distributors of D&S, Peco, Warsaw Chemical, Hamilton, Unitec, American, and others as most distributors carry several options of vendors since wash owners want/need different things at different price points. I have done little of it all as we all have----installed, troublshooting, office work, even signing checks for payroll. I am just passing along other options and information that I have heard people at shows did not think IDX offered. Some things I myself did not know IDX was capable of offering wash owners and I used to drive to their office and walk in the backdoor like I owned the place to get parts to bypass the the front office. I/we were test sites for several of their products including the PS200 (20+ years ago) and some custom fireware timer options at some of the manufacturing plants in our territory we were installing some D&S units. I have been looking at this forum for answers for few customers who still call me direct that have purchased washes with equipment, mainly older Coleman stuff, asking my advice. Just wanted to pass along information.

KleanRide

Reaction score
UPDATE: WorldPay is totally disorganized. Tech support is not able to help. Their new AccessIQ website does not work for even a simple check balance function. Very frustrating. This issue has been going on since May with more excuses than I can count. Recommend waiting for a better implementation or a competitor to come along. What a waste of money!
Roz - any update on this issue? Does the program work well using them strictly as a git card? Not so much interested in the reload/reward functions if they're not working well.

Roz

Reaction score
The card website has not changed but we were able to preload all the cards (eventually). Frankly the Rewards program is a bit of a dud with customers. I give the cards away, explain their benefits, promote the cards a few ways, give customers $5 preloaded on the card to try the card at no risk, yet few customers use the card. No idea why they do not take off.....

Like the concept, just wonder if people are overloaded with loyalty cards.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using them strictly as gift cards, maybe $3-5 pre loaded. Give them away as promos, and occasionally to reimburse someone for a loss at the wash (if I can prove the actual loss).

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm thinking of using them strictly as gift cards, maybe $3-5 pre loaded. Give them away as promos, and occasionally to reimburse someone for a loss at the wash (if I can prove the actual loss).

So what is your cost to use as the system as that? I would mainly use as a gift card for giveaways and Christmas gifts. Not really interested in going out and recruiting fleet accounts

OurTown

Reaction score
Update: The system has been working fine for us now. One of the frustrations for us was that loading the cards had to be done by manually typing in the really long card number on their website. We talked to Worldpay about getting a point of sale that would also load the cards. They were no help but Cryptopay said the VeriFone VX 520 is what we needed. Worldpay said that the machine would not load their store cards. We talked to VeriFone about this also and they also said it could not load a store card. We wanted to buy one anyway just to have a point of sale system on site (to sell the store cards) and not have to get another credit card processor involved. Well that was a project in itself. (as everything is with Worldpay) We talked to at least four different people at Worldpay on several occasions and none of them could sell us one or even get us to the right department. Finally we contacted Cryptopay about buying one and they contacted one of the higher ups which in return contacted us. After getting the machine setup it would not charge cards and after talking to several Worldpay people we got it figured out. Then comes along our first store card purchase customer and the machine would not charge his card. It was a little embarrassing. After talking to Worldpay again we figured out that we had to settle to batch first. The machine is not really difficult to use but there are a few little things that are not that obvious. Here is the best part: Mrs. Our Town was messing around with it and found out it will load a store card by swiping it! The goofy part is that you have to "increase balance" even on a fresh card because Worldpay sent us the cards already issued. (another fail by Worldpay) We are happy with the system now but mostly use them as giveaways to get them out there. We do have a few fleet type customers using them. We loaded up some with $10 on them and put one in each row of our drop shelf vending machines. Each one has a little printed card that explains to not throw it away after use and how much they can save by reloading it.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Apologies for lack of knowledge about the pre-loaded or fleet cards, but how does a customer "save money" by reloading a card? If they add $5 in value to it doesn't that cost them $5?

OurTown

Reaction score
Apologies for lack of knowledge about the pre-loaded or fleet cards, but how does a customer "save money" by reloading a card? If they add $5 in value to it doesn't that cost them $5?

We give a bonus percentage on reload. Read the whole thread and you will understand what you can do as an operator.

dax_festival

Reaction score
I got these gift cards from WorldPay with no directions on how to load them or put a balance on them. Tech support is a joke as mentioned above. Can anyone tell me what site to go to to preload these cards without entering credit card info?

OurTown

Reaction score
I got these gift cards from WorldPay with no directions on how to load them or put a balance on them. Tech support is a joke as mentioned above. Can anyone tell me what site to go to to preload these cards without entering credit card info?

By far the fastest way to load them is with the Veriphone VX 520 that we purchased from Worldpay. (It must be purchased from them to get the Worldpay specific programming) You will go crazy manually typing each card number in the website to load them. Look at post #35.