What's new

Why is Kleen-Rite so slow lately?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Kleen-Rite's turnaround time being much slower lately? My last few orders have taken so long that I've forgotten that I ordered them. Typically if I ordered this morning, my UPS would be here tomorrow. Not lately! They've spoiled me.

Kirb

Reaction score
They always get my order to me next day but the last order was 4-days later. Hope this doesn't continue.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe because of rising fuel costs they are trying to become more lean in their shipping; i.e.; filling the trucks more before they ship or consolidating more deliveries.

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
Maybe because of rising fuel costs they are trying to become more lean in their shipping; i.e.; filling the trucks more before they ship or consolidating more deliveries.
That wouldn't be it - they fill and package orders and UPS or FedEx comes to pick them up. It doesn't cost them anything for fuel whether one package or 1000 goes out each day.

In the last two years, every time I've ordered something besides vending from Kleen-Rite at least one item has been backordered. They might have shifted policies to ship orders complete instead of shipping what they have the day it's ordered.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
You guys are spoiled. Living at the end of the earth, everything from everyone takes almost 5 days to get here. It could be the delivery company. You should look at when it shipped.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't think it's just them, I've noticed another well known company having stocking issues. I've been told we all just weren't buying at the end of the year, and now we all are, which wreaked havoc on their inventory system.

Whether you believe it or not, that's what I've been fed with. :)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I placed an order on the 28th. I was making small talk and asked if they had been busy, the lady told me they had been swamped all month with orders when the weather got nice. They were out of Orange Kreme soap and backordered another item or two.

I think most everyone is running leaner and trying to stock less inventory than they used to. The local Grainger never has pumps in stock anymore it seems.

Louise

Reaction score
I ordered a Procon pump from Kleenrite several weeks ago. I called at 4:50 just before closing time and pleaded with the lady to get it out that night. She didn't promise, but said she would do her best. I had it two days later.

I was impressed.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I can deal with waiting an extra day but, all the backorders are killing me. Several times they shipped one package out with a backorder and then shipped the backordered item the next day. It just seems to me that every order i've had lately has at least 1 item backordered.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve never had a problem getting what I’ve ordered from Kleen-Rite. Most of your stuff comes out of Vegas. We order 2 or 3 times a year, when they have the free shipping deal. When I talked to them last week there were very busy. Very seldom do we have any back orders.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Orders

In California, all businesses must inventory their goods as of March 1. Then you get to pay a percentage fee to the State of CA for the priviledge of having survived in business to even have an inventory. This is on top of all of the other taxes-- an inventory tax just for having .... inventory.

I don't know the tax laws in the two states that KR does business in, but in CA virtually every company with a substantial inventory draws it way, way down in advance of March 1 and then quickly repopulates it.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have been waiting on spray tips on backorder for 3 weeks now. My last order I just recieved something last week that I forgot I ordered it took so long.

dogwasher

Reaction score
They are a large company I'm surprized that 90% of the orders I have placed have a item back ordered! I just told them the other day no more surprizes! If there is a back order I want to know about it.

For example they back order a 1/4" swivel...A swivel?? I'm sure they can afford to buy few hundred and restock when needed?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I see a few more backorders than I remember in the past but I dont think that is the problem.

UPS turnaround seems to be the same as well.

For whatever reason, KR just isn't getting them boxed and ready to go out the door? Case in point, my last order was Wednesday March 2 and they just invoiced it Monday March 7 which means I'll be getting it today. That's still not bad, it's just not the KR I've gotten used to.

Maybe there have been some tradeshows recently and their staff is out.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Two months ago I received a incorrect part from them, I was told they would send me a return shipping label, I'm still waiting I never got it.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are a large company I'm surprized that 90% of the orders I have placed have a item back ordered! I just told them the other day no more surprizes! If there is a back order I want to know about it.

For example they back order a 1/4" swivel...A swivel?? I'm sure they can afford to buy few hundred and restock when needed?
When you order say 'cancel all backorders please' or type it in the notes section of the online order form.

My friend the Whale learned me that!

madscientist

Reaction score
They have definitely been slower to get stuff out for the past year or so. I used to be able to place an order on Sunday night and it would ship out on Monday. I would have it by the end of the week, like clockwork. Even without back ordered items, it now takes several days for the order to ship. On the other hand, pallet orders seem to be going out as quick as before.

John T

Reaction score
Maybe because Kleen-Rite ran a free shipping offer the same month that every car wash in the country needed to order supplies because of all the winter weather.

Etowah