What's new

Why is Kleen-Rite so slow lately?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I placed an order on the 28th. I was making small talk and asked if they had been busy, the lady told me they had been swamped all month with orders when the weather got nice. They were out of Orange Kreme soap and backordered another item or two.

I think most everyone is running leaner and trying to stock less inventory than they used to. The local Grainger never has pumps in stock anymore it seems.
I notice that the last year or so Grainger never seems to have anything in stock, even stainless steel cotter pins.
It's interesting about your comment about Orange Creme.
I received 4 pails the end of last month and noticed that they seemed to be light colored orange instead of the dark orange that it usually is.
The foam doesn't seem to be that good. I have never had this problem before, maybe I got some really old stock.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Maybe because Kleen-Rite ran a free shipping offer the same month that every car wash in the country needed to order supplies because of all the winter weather.
I might add that Kleen-Rite and other companies rely on their vendors to get them their parts, if these vendors are not stocking alot of inventory, then the delay trickles down through the chain.

washnvac

Reaction score
Over 17 years, all in all Kleen-Rite does a FANTASTIC job. Yes, there has been a hick-up here and there; but it is always corrected with no problem. My latest "free ship" order did take 1 week to fill--but so what? It was a $2000 order with 102 different items on it. I did notice now they are labeling each box with what is in it; I think this will help ensure accuracy for each unit. Most small orders I get in 1-2 days.

As Fatboy said, I think a lot of us have been doing that "just in time" ordering; trying to keep money from sitting on the shelf. I know I do not stock near the parts I used to.

Yes, Bill--I already rated them.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I think they do a good job. I would imagine lots of work goes into gathering up an order, packing it, and getting it right, x 1000 , or how much ever, times a day.
I was late ordering 2 drums of chemicals and called on March 1st and they still honored the free shipping offer. Shipped it out 2 days later.
My problem was with UPS. Didnt come when the tracking info said it would. Then they gave my Wife some kind of no lift gate available bull****. I finally got it yesterday, with no lift gate, and unloaded it in 3 minutes using my 8' wooden quad ramps.
If KleenRite wasn't there, I would have to go all over the place to get all my carwash stuff.
Think about what that would be like.

MEP001

Reaction score
I sent an online order Saturday night and it didn't ship 'til Tuesday. It was just some vending items, nothing that shouldn't have gone out the same day. That means it takes at least 8 days for me to get anything from Kleen-Rite; I get Windtrax orders in two business days almost without fail (They always ship the day after I send an online order).

dogwasher

Reaction score
Why dont they just hire more workers? I know many people looking for a job. Im still waiting for a return tag they promised me two months ago

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Why dont they just hire more workers? I know many people looking for a job. Im still waiting for a return tag they promised me two months ago
I'm gonna cut these guys some slack. They have historically been good. The car wash industry overall has been hit, but locally the SS business sucks bad. Just like many of us, I'm sure they've felt the need to make the business more efficient. With the weather breaking business in many parts of the country business has been good and I'm feel pretty sure KR has had a rush . But once it cools back down they could potentially be over manned.

I've always had good dealings with dultmeier. As far as carwashsuperstore-I usually get things the next day, but their shipping can be high and they backorder A LOT.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I started this thread and feel I need to chime back in. In the past few weeks, KR seems to be back to normal for the most part. It seems like a few times a year the wheels fall of for a few weeks and then they get it back together. Kleen-Rite, overall, is a good company with good people. Always has been, probably always will be.

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite will sometimes hold an order if they are missing any items. I always ask if they have everything, decide what I want back ordered, and have the rest sent. They are trying to save you shipping, especially if an item will be in in a couple of days.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
In this new economy inventories aren't as deep as they once were. They do hold orders if they have stock coming in with which to fill them. Soaps have been problematic lately. At least it's fresh.

dogwasher

Reaction score
They did it to me again last week. Order arrived missing two items, the two back ordered items showed up 4 days later a day apart so I just paid a extra $20 for shipping, I would rather they held onto it until they got themselves together...you guys can say what you want and stick up for them but it is ridiculous. The owner must be a Cheap A.. because one of the items was a common wear and tear part that should be in stock. If your going to be a parts supplier then you need to have the parts in stock period. Were not talking about $500 dollar items here common!

Randy

Reaction score
They did it to me again last week. Order arrived missing two items, the two back ordered items showed up 4 days later a day apart so I just paid a extra $20 for shipping, I would rather they held onto it until they got themselves together...you guys can say what you want and stick up for them but it is ridiculous. The owner must be a Cheap A.. because one of the items was a common wear and tear part that should be in stock. If your going to be a parts supplier then you need to have the parts in stock period. Were not talking about $500 dollar items here common!
What "common wear and tear part" did you need? I'm putting together a big order to be placed next week during the ICA convention so I can take advantage of the show specials. During the last convention the items they didn't have that were backordered I got later with no shipping charge.

You don't have to buy from Kleen-Rite there are others, Windtrax, Kim supply, Sonny's or Dultmeier.

sprocket

Reaction score
Most companys have a computer generate inventories from past sales. If they average 12 items they sell in a 12 month period they may only stock 3. But what happens when 10 people order the same part the same week. **** just happens if you can't stock the parts you need that falls on you not just the supplier who ever you use.

sprocket

Reaction score
And you could have told them not to ship untill the order was 100% filled.

dogwasher

Reaction score
What "common wear and tear part" did you need? I'm putting together a big order to be placed next week during the ICA convention so I can take advantage of the show specials. During the last convention the items they didn't have that were back ordered I got later with no shipping charge.

You don't have to buy from Kleen-Rite there are others, Windtrax, Kim supply, Sonny's or Dultmeier.
Thanks Randy your correct I need to break away from my normal habit of calling on Kleenrite. I'm sure there thinking why stock it when we can just order it as we need it with no concern of what there doing to there customers. They should be concerned!
The part was a $99 dollar tread switch(tire drives over it to start the Automatic wash) I didn't need one for repair I just thought I would buy one for my STOCK so I wouldn't be caught with my pants down, no rush I could have waited until they had the complete order but I forgot(again!) to ask and they NEVER tell you if there is a back order. I order from them about one time per month and I would say there 1 for 10 on this subject. Most of the time they back order $29 dollar swivels??