What's new

Where are you located and what is your start-up price/minutes?

docopp

Reaction score
Kingwood Texas (30 minutes north east of Houston)
$2.50 for 4 min bays
$2.00 for 4 min vacuums
we keep our vacuums clean and strong, they get a lot of use....

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Phoenix, AZ
$3 for 5 minutes. No bonus time, same CC same, $3 for 5 minutes minimum count up. Will be going to $3 for 4 minutes 1/1/22

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
$3 for 3.5 minutes in the bays. $2 for 3 minutes on the vacuums.

Thinking this fall is time to raise the bay price. Not sure which would be better, $3 for 3 minutes or $4 for 4 minutes?

Northern Ohio
I’d go $4 for 4. Just tell customers you raised the price, but you also raised the time. Make it sound like you’re doing them a favor. Also, you’ll then get at least $8 out of bucket washers and at least a minimum ticket of $4 for those that spray out truck beds etc. and leave. Maybe, the $4 for 4 price will send these undesirable type of customers elsewhere. In the end, it’d be nice to have a $4 minimum either way if your area supports the price/time increase.

Carwashmafia

Reaction score
Southern CA
Cards only no cash
Bays $5.00 for 10 mins
Vacs $2.00 for 6 mins

seattleguy

Reaction score
Seattle Washington

$6 start for 4 mins. $1.50 each additional minute
$3 3 mins vacuums.
no cash all credit cards

Andy Burn

Reaction score
Northern Ontario

$3.00 to start with $1 per minute
$2 for 3 minutes on vacuum
$1 for air pump

Randy

Reaction score
Wow! That has to be the record.
I've been to Seattle guy car wash numerous times and it's a nice well run operation. Things are really expensive here so that's what we have to charge up here in the Pacific Northwest. The last 3 times I've raised my prices I've gotten zero complaints. Gasoline has gone up almost .50 a gallon in the last month. They say it's going to hit $4.00 a gallon by summer. When gas prices go up we see a drop off of car wash business and more illegal dumping.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I’d go $4 for 4. Just tell customers you raised the price, but you also raised the time. Make it sound like you’re doing them a favor. Also, you’ll then get at least $8 out of bucket washers and at least a minimum ticket of $4 for those that spray out truck beds etc. and leave. Maybe, the $4 for 4 price will send these undesirable type of customers elsewhere. In the end, it’d be nice to have a $4 minimum either way if your area supports the price/time increase.
Those would be a lot of positives , however, the $4 start is a much more in your face price increase. On the flip, 3 minutes isn’t much time. I’m going to have to mull this one over for a while.

Bob-O

Reaction score
Central Florida
Self serv. bay $2.00- 4 min.
Vacuum $1.00- 4 min.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Wow! Do you have any competition?
Not much competition close by. All the other car washes have been sold and torn down to build mixed use buildings. (apartments on top of 1 story of retail. I need to raise my prices again soon. Seattle is a really expensive place to live and run a business.

SanDiegoSS

Reaction score
San Diego
$3 for 5mins bays - 3 locations. $2 3mins 20secs - 1 location
$1 4mins vacs

doing a price increase soon. planning on $3 for 4mins

Last edited:

Martins

Reaction score
Damn.. SE MI
$1.25 for 3 mins ($3 min 15 max on cc) when we installed our new boxes i changed from 1.25 for 4 mins to the 3. no complaints that i know of .25 more then my competition for less time and paired with the CC on count up.... its actually starting to turn some sort of profit! but I'm also using strong products and really have a great show and smell.
.75 for i believe 3 mins on vac

MEP001

Reaction score
Austin Texas, $1.50 for 3 minutes bays, $1.00 for 3½ minutes vacs. No CC yet, will probably go with $2 start on vacs and bays same time as cash.