What's new

Where are you located and what is your start-up price/minutes?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Austin Texas, $1.50 for 3 minutes bays, $1.00 for 3½ minutes vacs. No CC yet, will probably go with $2 start on vacs and bays same time as cash.
For what it's worth, I would suggest that you make your CC swipe higher even if you don't charge more per minute. My experience is people with credit cards aren't as concerned with price as they are with convenience. Many stores around here require a minimum charge for CC, usually $4 or $5.
I'm at $3.00 cash and $5.00 CC. That gets them 5 minutes for cash and a little over 8 minutes for CC. This helps cover the swipe fee that I pay on every transaction and the cost of the system. Vacs are $1.00 for 4 minutes cash and $2.00 for 8 minutes CC.
In Omaha, NE

OurTown

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I would suggest that you make your CC swipe higher even if you don't charge more per minute. My experience is people with credit cards aren't as concerned with price as they are with convenience. Many stores around here require a minimum charge for CC, usually $4 or $5.
I'm at $3.00 cash and $5.00 CC. That gets them 5 minutes for cash and a little over 8 minutes for CC. This helps cover the swipe fee that I pay on every transaction and the cost of the system. Vacs are $1.00 for 4 minutes cash and $2.00 for 8 minutes CC.
In Omaha, NE

I bet that accepting cash actually costs us more than the 5% CC fees. Think of all the time collecting cash, going to the bank to deposit plus cleaning and unjamming coin mechs and bill validators.

MEP001

Reaction score
And changer maintenance, and break-ins, and how would you estimate the cost of worrying your cash (that you can't even insure) is going to get stolen?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
My cash is insured, but the last time I lost enough to have a claim was about 23 years ago.

My last attempted break in was someone with a cordless grinder trying to cut through the stainless steel face plate. He quit after about 10 minutes. The only thing he ruined was the $375.00 crypto pay swiper.

People spend more with credit cards, and that's a proven fact.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Upstate NY:
Bays $1/minute - dollar start up. Reduces racing the timer behavior, incomplete rinses, etc.
Vacs $2 to start - 6min run time, last coin alert, 3 motor.