What's new

What type of material do you use? Why?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I do have Peco mitters, but I don't use the retract system. My nearest competitor had them and removed them eventually. He was offering a touch free wash option for a while but discontinued that service. I have 2 mitters in my wash and we very rarely have a problem with them picking up something from an open truck bed, usually grease or oil. Not worth the effort to retract them in my opinion.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Thinking about changing my Belanger side to side cloth, due to the slapping sound, to Lammscloth or microfiber.
Just can't decide which is best for minimal sound and cleanability for autos.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have the Belanger whip across. These have width of cloth parallel to direction of travel. i think some Belanger side to sides have it perpendicular to the dorection of travel. Tried Microfiber on the outside Baskets only since these are the ones that touch the sides of the car. Still makes a slapping sound.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have the Belanger whip across. These have width of cloth parallel to direction of travel. i think some Belanger side to sides have it perpendicular to the dorection of travel. Tried Microfiber on the outside Baskets only since these are the ones that touch the sides of the car. Still makes a slapping sound.

FWIW, the side to side Belanger mitters that have the cloth perpendicular to the direction of travel is not any quieter if you still use traditional cloth on it. The cloth strips still end up parallel to the sides of the car and still create the loud slapping sound.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Just got back from the show.
Concern on both Lambscloth and microfiber are the ends (on the car) of both are sewn with a stiff thread.
Has anyone had problems of scratching?
Also did anyone see or have used Motorcity's new mitter material?
I'm not sure what's it called but it was soft but expensive, somewhere around $20 per strip.

Etowah