What's new

What Does Tri-Foam Do...Exactly?

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
It all depends on the brand that you are using. Some brands offer many different tri-foam products to do different things. Some offer clear coat polishes that add extra protection. Some use a Lo Ph to lower the Ph on a vehicle if they are using a high Ph presoak, and some use one that is just for show that has little to no protection at all. I really don't believe that it is an important part of the wash process but when some people are charging a $2.00 upgrade on something that we pay $.30 for, it makes sense to me. 99% of our customer have been trained that the tri-foam is very important to their car. Is is really worth taking it off and losing some of those customers that go down the street to someone that offers it. Some one try it and let me know. That would be an interesting study.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
For such a small investment, I think I will give it a try and see how the customers react to it. What seems to be more popular, the polish or the cleaner?

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
Like I said before, it depends on what cleaning process you are using. Are you using a high ph presoak and no lo ph, or a high and low ph. If you are using both I would go with a polish, but if you are just using the high ph I would use a low ph tri-foam. What brand are you using?