What's new

Weep washers(cheap bas*&@$s)

pgrzes

Reaction score
How do you all deal with these cheapies??? I always start out by trying to inform them how damaging it is to their car what they are doing. Then it seems to always turn into an argument, and I end up throwing them out!!!! I guess people dont like being caught being CHEAP!! I first run into equip. room and turn off weep to the bay, and try to be informative. Never seems to work. 1 guy tried to run me down. yesterday a guy in a $25,000 Jag. just had a verbal fight!! I dont mind so much if it is someone that is here 2-3 times a week. but I hate people that only use my place for free weep washing!!!!!
I am $1 start and they cant pay that!!!
Lets here some stories!!!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Maybe get internet, or cable, so these people don't tick you off. every $1 counts. you can't make more running people off. Educating them is a waste of time, better off watching tv

bigleo48

Reaction score
How much do you weep? Should not be enough to wash. The gun should be a the diameter of the lead of a pencil. The orifice of the foam brush should be bigger, so even less weep.

First I would use winter foam brush to turn off the weep. Second, you should have a properly setup weep mizer. This will ensure you only weep when you need to. I find that when its really cold, people don't wanna weep wash because it takes so much time and they freeze their butts off. If it is milder, the weep will cycle on and off and drive them nuts.

If someone still weep washes when I'm there, I'll mess with them in the equipment room, but shutting down to the smallest trickle while watching the cameras. It's kinda like testing to see how cheap they are.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are nuts.

I see that and get out some tokens, put em in the coin box and say "happy washing, pull the trigger numnuts!' just kidding about the last part!:)

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I just laugh at my one Weep Washer. Nobodys ever there when he does it and I like to tell him how rich I'm getting off of him. I have to run the weep anyway so I dont care if he goes in there and looks like a d*** playing with a stupid little stream of water. If someone pulls in and wants to use the bay, now thats a different story!:mad:

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I simply say "Thats antifreeze youre spraying on your car. If somebody pulls in behind you, either add some tokens or go elsewhere." That usually freaks them out - one guy started screaming at his wife, why didnt you tell me that you stupid $#@$! Cracked me up, but I did feel sorry for the wife.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Leo, if I weep that small amount of water my lines freeze at about 20 degrees, maybe warmer if its real windy.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Huh? Haven't you guys heard about Dixmor's Weepmizer?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Huh? Haven't you guys heard about Dixmor's Weepmizer?
Got a weepmizer. Still get an occasional weep washer. A few times I tried talking to them. They always claim they are getting ready to wash. Now I jsut go turn off the weep to that bay for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I mess with them by turning it off, watch them pack up, turn it on watch them start again then turn it off. Depends on the mood.

I need to get a life.

Reds

Reaction score
They pi$$ me off big time. I tell them - if you don't have money in the meter get the hell out of here. I don't mince my words. I don't want someone in my bays who is looking to get something for nothing. If they slip and fall they will be the first ones to sue. I caught some guys washing their windows with my warm weep water and ran them out. I don't take any prisoners when it comes to someone trying to get something for nothing. Maybe I'm too harsh or extreme, but I don't like being taken advantage of.

Last edited:

mjc3333

Reaction score
Get a Weep Mizer

It really drives them crazy on off on off on off on off.......

TurboJet

Reaction score
Another problem - using foam brush with weep water only on a dirty car will wear out hogs hair brushes much sooner. Weep mizer definitely helps. Just one of those things I try to accept being in this business, having said that, it still really pi##es me off!!

MikeV

Reaction score
I have an elevated equipment room and my wands siphon a little water. Have a few who like to let the water drip on their cars and try to wash them like that. I tell them. "it works better if you turn it on". If they still don't get the idea, I tell them, "that was not a suggestion". If they still don't get it, I tell them about the damage the are doing to their paint and how they are scratching it with no water or lubrication. If they still don't get it, then I tell them to go elsewhere.

jloebker

Reaction score
I explain the bay timer is just like a parking meter. "when the money's all gone it's time to move on." "If theres no money in it, it's time to quit it."

bigleo48

Reaction score
You guys are nuts.

I see that and get out some tokens, put em in the coin box and say "happy washing
Waxman,

One day we will meet and I will do everything in my power to pi$$ you off to see if I can do it ;) You're gonna live to be an old old man unless you start getting that blood pressure up! Weep washers are great for that.

On the serious side, I live in a small city and when someone weep washes I usually find out who they are and ask around (family and friends). I had one guy weep washing and I discovered that he worked for 30 years with my father-in-law. He would steal suggestions out of the suggestion box and pass them off as his own. He was universally hated and was a real jerk. The next time he came back in, I called him by his name and asked him if there was a problem with the wash. He has never weep washed again.

So that's the type that your giving washes to, instead of chasing them away. I say kick them out.

Big

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
Waxman,

One day we will meet and I will do everything in my power to pi$$ you off to see if I can do it ;) You're gonna live to be an old old man unless you start getting that blood pressure up! Weep washers are great for that.

On the serious side, I live in a small city and when someone weep washes I usually find out who they are and ask around (family and friends). I had one guy weep washing and I discovered that he worked for 30 years with my father-in-law. He would steal suggestions out of the suggestion box and pass them off as his own. He was universally hated and was a real jerk. The next time he came back in, I called him by his name and asked him if there was a problem with the wash. He has never weep washed again.

So that's the type that your giving washes to, instead of chasing them away. I say kick them out.

Big
The things we see! Recently watched a customer with a fairly new Jaguar prescrub his whole car with a damp foam brush so he could save his quarters for the rinse cycle.

MEP001

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I've seen that - if someone's dry-scrubbing a muddy car or truck I stop them so they don't ruin the brush, but if it's a dusty, newer car I'll let them ruin their paint. They'll just get ugly with me if I say anything, probably assuming that I just want them to spend more money. I've got signage disclaiming damage from dirty brushes and video in all bays.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
had someone in a newer range rover following people out of the bays on a busy day hoping they left some time on the meter.

Red Baron

Reaction score
My reaction depends on several factors. If the weep washer is someone I know to be a wealthy farmer and he's just being a tightwad at my expense, I'll tell him "This is a business, when you're in the bay the meter needs to be running." If it is some poor guy driving a $300 hoopty, I tend to cut him a lot more slack because a buck fifty probably means a lot more to him than it does to me.

If we're busy, I tend to be less tolerant of weep washers. If we're not busy, in the past I've just closed the ball valve to the Weepmizer for a few minutes, but I've gotten to where I don't like to do that for fear of forgetting to turn it back on.

Not to stray off topic too far, but my cameras have allowed me to notice common threads at the car wash.

My best customers:
1. Hispanics
2. Blacks
3. Whites

My worst customers in terms of messes and selfishness:
1. Hunters
2. Farmers
3. Offroaders
4. Motocrossers
5. Roofers