What's new

Weep System Cuasing Overflow

carpool217

Reaction score
I am a new owner as of July 2023 so this is my first winter. We installed cameras in the mechanical room and it has become a common occurrence for us to get heaby leaks due to our high pressure tank overflowing around 3am.

Here are a couple photos of the back of the GinSan Direct Drive. Could the issue be a check valve has gone bad?

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
You nailed it. You've got a check valve leaking by somewhere in your system. They can sometimes be hard to fix which one it is. Been there and don't that.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
That's exactly what it is. One, or more, of the check valves is bad or has crap in it holding it open. Kick the weep on and shut the ball valves off under the tank one at a time to figure out which one(s)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Thanks to MEP001, here's a trick I've used to figure out which bay is the culprit. Run all bays until the HP hose gets warm and then shut them all off. The one that cools off the quickest is most likely the problem. Of course, this is assuming hot HP and cold weep. If that's not the case, adjust accordingly.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Like others have said, good luck finding the culpret (Bad or stuck C/V). It took me forever to figure out what was causing my gravity tanks to overflow when weeping....Seems as though the Mark VII designers took advantage of the Built in CV in the Giant Unloaders to eliminate weep backfeeding, burried deep! You can't even see them...Lucky for me, when they do start to fail, usually bad oring, the bay drips water syphoning from the gravity tank....Easy fix then! Maybe yours is doing the same thing depending on how its plumbed?

Bricks

Reaction score
I’m having a heck of a time with my Hydro Spray. Where all of the cvs tie together in the trough, I replaced a hydraulic hose with clear poly and one of the not so great rego high dollar valves. I turned on the Presoak and went back up to the attic, only to see a stream of Presoak back feeding through the new $70-$80 check valve and into the clear poly. It’s ridiculous! I’ve been changing out blue foot valves like mad as well. What are you guys having luck with? It rained here today and I did 22 test washes in an attempt to get a spot free truck. No luck. The Futura beside it does just fine with the separate chemical applications.

Bricks

Reaction score
I use these and I've very rarely had one fail even when they get gunked up they still seem to work somehow. I've had a few bad blue foot valves but only probably half a dozen in almost 20 years.
I’ll give them a try. Thanks!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
It took me forever to figure out what was causing my gravity tanks to overflow when weeping....
You should have asked me where that unloader check valve was located...10-12 years ago? :ROFLMAO:

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
not so great rego high dollar valves.
Pretty unusual for a Rego to go bad. I've got several hundred installed...some are old enough to have adult beverages with me.
I guess it possible that the o-ring got damaged during assembly?

Bricks

Reaction score
Pretty unusual for a Rego to go bad. I've got several hundred installed...some are old enough to have adult beverages with me.
I guess it possible that the o-ring got damaged during assembly?
The water heater in my home was installed in 2001. I bet the new ones don’t last that long.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You should have asked me where that unloader check valve was located...10-12 years ago? :ROFLMAO:
I don't think I knew who you were 12 years ago! LOL I think IB actually let the cat out of the bag!! :LOL: Using those Unloader Check Valves was down-right sneaky! Although that long ago I might not have known what a check valve actually was!