What's new

Water keeps coming out from the wand

Reaction score
Hello, one of our bays has recently started doing this. Water comes out for a while after customer left. It happens some of the time not all the time. Its not spot free water since i checked its ppm otherwise it would be a trash under its valve. Then thought maybe trash under the rinse valve (see pic) but it cant be that either since when this happens and I start the rinse in another bay, i dont notice any change in the water coming out of the faulty bay. What can cause this? Thanks… pls see the video as well.
When I hold the wand above my head, it stops. So it must be the syphon phenomenon? Why not other bays do this? How to fix?

Attachments

Last edited:

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Weep lines. Looks like a JC pump stand pinch your weep line and hold it pinched with a zip tie. Go to your bay and see if the leaking stops??? Might take a min or two but my ball valve plumbed into the front of the pump went bad and I had the same issue

Reaction score
Im not too sure if I have weep line. I know my guns are weeping meaning still water comes when trigger is not pulled on the handle. But dont think I have a weep line. Where the weep line located? Are they on the pump? Like the line goes from the regulator back to the pump in this pic?

Attachments

Rfreeman

Reaction score
On my JC system my weep line comes in the front as seen in the pic. The yellow ball valve was failing and led to steady stream out at the bay. Replaced the ball valve and solved my problem.

From the pictures it doesn't look like you do have a weep line plumbed in but looks like the ball valve is there. When you lift the gun above your head it stops? If so are you sure what drips out is not just water in the line?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
It's most likely a problem in the pump. Rinse is fed at city pressure, and holding the gun over your head wouldn't change anything, nor will running another bay. Normally the valves in the pump have enough spring pressure to hold shut against flow from the gravity tank, but if they aren't seating 100% or the O-rings are compromised, water will just flow through it. You can test this by shutting off the valve under the tank.

Reaction score
It's most likely a problem in the pump. Rinse is fed at city pressure, and holding the gun over your head wouldn't change anything, nor will running another bay. Normally the valves in the pump have enough spring pressure to hold shut against flow from the gravity tank, but if they aren't seating 100% or the O-rings are compromised, water will just flow through it. You can test this by shutting off the valve under the tank.
Sure this is an easy change I'll check all the 6 valves (inlet and outlet), and change the O ring on them. The water stops when I turn off the City valve. I'll report here if that fixes the issues. Usually if I have a bad valve I loose pressure or get some vibrations. I don't have that. But perhaps just not as strong as a spring as you said above. In that case I should be able to suck air out of the bad valve, right?

Reaction score
Update: checked a couple of valves on the pump and they looked good. What I noticed while doing that was water was kept coming although the valve under the hot water tank was shut. This water doesn’t stop unless I close the valve on the city line going to the Rinse valves ( previous pics). Next step: when the carwash is closed, going to close city water and open the Rinse valve (solenoid valve) and see whats going on. Maybe some trash there, maybe need to change spring and diaphragm.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think you'll find a problem with the rinse solenoids. If this was a rinse solenoid sticking open or hung open with debris, it wouldn't stop running. I can't think of anything specific to look for except the weep check valves on the other bays, but it would take a lot of coincidences to act the way you describe.

Reaction score
I did open the rinse valve this morning and didnt see anything specific wrong with it other than the diaphram made my hands black so perhaps its worn out. Here is a pic. I do have two types of this stuff inside the valve but none was the exact match. Where do you think I can find it? Locally checked 6 places and no luck. Trying to ask coleman hanna guys to open what the have and making sure the stuff inside it is a perfect match which is a dual spring. I know I can change the whole thing including the coil but its a lot easier to repair it with new diaphragm, plunger and spring.

Attachments

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
This might be the kit. I'd recommend calling Dultmeier since they can tell you more accurately.

If that is the right kit, I'd just replace the solenoid with a Dema 473P or 474P which is about half the price of this GC kit.

Reaction score
Thanks Ill find the repair kit. Its part# K201N5E from GC valve. One thing I noticed is the leaking stops when I use the Wax option. I guess that’s because the water comes from tge hot water tank on Wax and it helps to shut down the valve??

slash007

Reaction score
I had the same issue and installed check valves open to the air on top of each boom.

Reaction score
I had the same issue and installed check valves open to the air on top of each boom.
I believe my problem is different. There is pressure behind the water coming out and it wont stop until I shut down city water or use the Wax function. Its not just the pressure from gravity from the hot-water tank. When it leaks, water comes through the valves when I was checking them as suggested above.
as soon as I get the hold of the repair kit Ill change the guts inside the valve and see if it fixes it.

slash007

Reaction score
Makes sense. I agree with MEP, I would replace with a Dema. I have GC valves on mine, but a different model and the repair kit was around $55, so I did just repair a couple when the diaphragm started allowing water to seep through.

Reaction score
Makes sense. I agree with MEP, I would replace with a Dema. I have GC valves on mine, but a different model and the repair kit was around $55, so I did just repair a couple when the diaphragm started allowing water to seep through.
I could change the whole thing although its alot harder than just changing the diaphragm due to the location of these valves at my wash. If you still have the repair kit I'll buy from you.

Randy

Reaction score
This isn’t rocket science or brain surgery. With everything put back together and the pump stand in standby disconnect the hose from the valve that you think is the one that’s leaking by. If you have water coming out of that valve when it’s in standby I would probably bet that’s the valve that’s causing your leaking problem. I have a hot and a cold DEMA water valve on each pump and I the same problem from time to time and that’s how I figure which valve it is.

Reaction score
UPDATE: Changed the diaphragm which is repair kit part#K201N5E from Motion Canada and its all fixed. there is another kit which also includes spring, plunger and stem.
PS: its much easier to replace these parts than changing the entire solenoid valve.

Randy

Reaction score
UPDATE: Changed the diaphragm which is repair kit part#K201N5E from Motion Canada and its all fixed. there is another kit which also includes spring, plunger and stem.
PS: its much easier to replace these parts than changing the entire solenoid valve.
Thanks for the update. These problems are easy to fix with a little help

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
A question....Where is the pump valve located?
When I close the shut-off handle under my tank, water 💦 stops. When I open it, it flows freely through my system and out all the handles when the gun trigger is pulled with NO pump.pressure. This allows the customer to rinse their cars without paying.