What's new

Water keeps coming out from the wand

OurTown

Reaction score
A question....Where is the pump valve located?
When I close the shut-off handle under my tank, water 💦 stops. When I open it, it flows freely through my system and out all the handles when the gun trigger is pulled with NO pump.pressure. This allows the customer to rinse their cars without paying.

Sadly he will not be able to answer. The valves he is referring to are inside the pump head.

Randy

Reaction score
A question....Where is the pump valve located?
When I close the shut-off handle under my tank, water 💦 stops. When I open it, it flows freely through my system and out all the handles when the gun trigger is pulled with NO pump.pressure. This allows the customer to rinse their cars without paying.
What kind of equipment do you have? Do you have as solenoid valve supplying water to the pump? Do you have a weep system that is leaking by? There are a number of things that could be the problem. A little more information and a few pictures might help.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
What kind of equipment do you have? Do you have as solenoid valve supplying water to the pump? Do you have a weep system that is leaking by? There are a number of things that could be the problem. A little more information and a few pictures might help.
Thanks for responding. Since my last post..I have cut both water sources off and obviously the leaking stops. There are hi-pressure relief valves in the cieling of each bay at the end of every hose. This problem did not start all at once. It went from one bay to another over 6 months till all are spraying some degree of water. I'm now suspicious of trash in the lines and in the valve, so today..I'm going to disconnect the lines and flush them along with the valve. I'll do one bay and report back. Thanks for the interest and advice.

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Since my last post..I have cut both water sources off and obviously the leaking stops. There are hi-pressure relief valves in the cieling of each bay at the end of every hose. This problem did not start all at once. It went from one bay to another over 6 months till all are spraying some degree of water. I'm now suspicious of trash in the lines and in the valve, so today..I'm going to disconnect the lines and flush them along with the valve. I'll do one bay and report back. Thanks for the interest and advice.
I've never seen a "hi-pressure relief valves in the ceiling of each bay" before can you post some pictures. Something isn't right!

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
I've never seen a "hi-pressure relief valves in the ceiling of each bay" before can you post some pictures. Something isn't right!
20240302_161728.jpg So..this is one of 4 cieling wands. They're all the same. Yesterday..I flushed the ball valve and all the lines. Didn't see any trash. I reconnected and nothing changed. Water still runs out all spray nozzles when the trigger is pulled. You are right in saying "something is wrong". The valve shown here is on the right side of the union between the black pressure supply line and the yellow soap line. It does nothing to control the water pressure through the swing arm. Back to square one.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
This is one of my 4 internal pumps. The blue line is city water. The red line is gravity fed from my internal tank. Obviously, if I turn off each line the water flow stops. I would think a pressure control valve at the supply "out" line would assist(the black line on the other side of the pressure control regulator). I'm purely guessing here. Some concrete advise would be beneficial.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
View attachment 10489 So..this is one of 4 cieling wands. They're all the same. Yesterday..I flushed the ball valve and all the lines. Didn't see any trash. I reconnected and nothing changed. Water still runs out all spray nozzles when the trigger is pulled. You are right in saying "something is wrong". The valve shown here is on the right side of the union between the black pressure supply line and the yellow soap line. It does nothing to control the water pressure through the swing arm. Back to square one.
That thingy on the boom with the yellow hose going into it is a “Check valve”. It’s for either Presoak, Tire cleaner or Spot free water. You need to get up there and replace the steel nipple going into boom.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
That thingy on the boom with the yellow hose going into it is a “Check valve”. It’s for either Presoak, Tire cleaner or Spot free water. You need to get up there and replace the steel nipple going into boom.
OK...To be sure I understand: the black pressure line connects to a 3 way diverter, going directly into a 5" pipe that goes directly to the boom. I've replaced these items before. They're just open items. Am I looking at the right thing? Thanks for your help.

Randy

Reaction score
OK...To be sure I understand: the black pressure line connects to a 3 way diverter, going directly into a 5" pipe that goes directly to the boom. I've replaced these items before. They're just open items. Am I looking at the right thing? Thanks for your help.
That " 3 way diverter" is called a "T"

Try this turn off the city water supply, that's the blue hose and see if the water flow stops. Take the solenoid coil off the top of the solenoid valve that has the blue hose connected to it. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the top of the solenoid valve, be care when you remove the top of the solenoid valve there s a spring inside that might go flying. Inspect the rubber diaphragm for cracks or tears, inspect the valve body for erosion on the seating surface of the valve body. Post pictures of what you find inside your solenoid valve.
Have you ruled out your weep system being the cause of your problem? Do you have water running out of your Foam brush handles?

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score

Try this turn off the city water supply, that's the blue hose and see if the water flow stops. Take the solenoid coil off the top of the solenoid valve that has the blue hose connected to it. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the top of the solenoid valve, be care when you remove the top of the solenoid valve there s a spring inside that might go flying. Inspect the rubber diaphragm for cracks or tears, inspect the valve body for erosion on the seating surface of the valve body. Post pictures of what you find inside your solenoid valve.
Have you ruled out your weep system being the cause of your problem? Do you have water running out of your Foam brush handles?
I actually disconnected the weep system on one bay with no change. If I cut the city water line off(blue hose) the water seep stops 80%. If I cut the gvravity tank off the other 20% stops).I will check the selonoid today and take some pictures..Once agian....THANKS for you prompt response.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score

Hey Randy...you scored a 💯 on the solenoid valve! The diaphragm is busted(see attached pics). So..the issue now is actually finding the part I need. I'm dealing with Valves & Instruments (an ASCO dealer). There is no identification tag on any of my solenoids and they are trying to match the pictures. If you have(or can suggest) a better source...any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Hey Randy...you scored a 💯 on the solenoid valve! The diaphragm is busted(see attached pics). So..the issue now is actually finding the part I need. I'm dealing with Valves & Instruments (an ASCO dealer). There is no identification tag on any of my solenoids and they are trying to match the pictures. If you have(or can suggest) a better source...any help is greatly appreciated.
Those valves aren't worth repairing, the seating surface is eroded to the point of not seating. ASCO valves are good, you want to do some shopping. We buy our valves from KR.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
Those valves aren't worth repairing, the seating surface is eroded to the point of not seating. ASCO valves are good, you want to do some shopping. We buy our valves from KR.
I thought as much....I get about 90% of all my stuff from KR. Thanks for the advise. I will contact KR and keep you posted.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you running hot water for soap and wax that pulls from the stainless steel holding tank? If the answer is no, you don't even need that 1/2" Asco Valve.

Brass 2-Way N.O. Solenoid, 1/2” NPT, 125PSI, 24VAC|ASCO|8210G034 (kleen-ritecorp.com)
I believe this is a rinse solenoid valve fed by city water pressure. I'd probably install this valve since it's about the only one in stock

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
I believe this is a rinse solenoid valve fed by city water pressure. I'd probably install this valve since it's about the only one in stock
Randy, you would be correct. Old Magic Wand self serve bench. I would definately buy the valve you referenced instead of the Asco one. Only reason he would need the valve at all, is if he is using hot water for soap and wax. If it is cold water in the gravity feed reservoir tank for soap and wax, he can pull out of that tank as well for rinse.

Lindsey Car Wash

Reaction score
Randy, you would be correct. Old Magic Wand self serve bench. I would definately buy the valve you referenced instead of the Asco one. Only reason he would need the valve at all, is if he is using hot water for soap and wax. If it is cold water in the gravity feed reservoir tank for soap and wax, he can pull out of that tank as well for rinse.
That is correct. I am not running hot water...it's just. Its fed. GREAT info!!! Thanks a million guys! I'll post the finished results.