What's new

Washworld Razor Sonar

scarrylarry

Reaction score
No, the sensor flickers between green and red when over the floor with the cover open. I am being told red indicates a fault. Next step is to swap out the sensor which has to be ordered. It works sometimes and other times travels too far.

slash007

Reaction score
I had a Razor installed in February and it couldn't have gone smoother. Only issue I've had since is one fitting started leaking and needed to be taped again. I've been working on getting a Profile installed and dealing with Washworld has been amazing. Better support than I could have ever imagined.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I have had 3 service calls this year. I had to go over there work each time. Distributors service cost more plus travel mis truck supplies etc. When I started service was the bomb! It was factory. It was done.

22MVR22

Reaction score
No, the sensor flickers between green and red when over the floor with the cover open. I am being told red indicates a fault. Next step is to swap out the sensor which has to be ordered. It works sometimes and other times travels too far.
Typically the red light means a the sonar is not getting the return signal from whatever it is bouncing off of. Be sure the floor is draining properly and doesn't have standing water under the sonar, or that the sonar isn't pointing into a pit with standing water. The water surface will deflect the sonar into any direction and cause inconsistent readings.

Rfarm

Reaction score
I have a three year old razor that was doing the same thing a few months back. we had to replace the control board in the main panel box. Replaced it and it hasn’t blown past the car since. We tried sonar and checked all the wiring everything was good and the technician said he had never seen one go bad in the panel box before.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I had the same problem as you describe with my new installs a few months ago. First turn on each individual step of your wash manually and make sure that there isn't any water or chemical spraying up into the sonar. Mine was getting sprayed each time the hydro flex option was used. One of the jets had a fingernail shaped piece of metal inside which was deflecting the chemical and water right at the rear sonar. This was causing all kinds of problems. Second, Go to Home Depot and purchase a 4x8 piece of 3/4 plywood or sheathing and lay it on the floor in the area where you want the rear sonar to detect the end of the car. This wood will be an indicator if your rear sonar is getting a good enough bounce off the concrete floor. My floor had water pools (very small ones) in the area of the back bumper of cars which caused problems with the sonar bouncing back up.

So: manually turn on each and every step of your wash to see if the sonar is getting sprayed for some reason. Lay wood on the floor. If the wood solves the problem then purchase a 4x8x 3/16 sheet of steel and anchor it to the floor in that area.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please update as to the status of this problem. Was it repaired and if so what was required to repair the malfunction?

Thanks!