What's new

Washworld Razor Sonar

water guy

Reaction score
We just installed a new razor and the sonar keeps getting water on it causing it to measure the car incorrectly and going all the way back. anyone have any idea

Eric H

Reaction score
Never had that issue with any of my 4 machines. The only time I had an issue was when I smashed my head on the bracket and when I closed the machine the sonar wasn't lined up with the hole in the cover.
Has WW replaced the sonar under warranty or have you been opening it up and draining the water out and reinstalling?

water guy

Reaction score
No there coming on monday.look at only been open a week and half. the rollers on top are off the rails now.it keeps jumping cogs its a mess.

water guy

Reaction score
I'm telling yeah you have to watch and check everything they do on an install its like everything else. you would think after all the damn equipment cost 100k. you would get top work.

sparkey

Reaction score
I wouldn't think water would have any effect on an ultrasonic sensor that is mounted pointed down. Is the sensor centered in the cover hole so the cover is not partially blocking the sensor? I would also check the rear sonar depth offset setting. If its not set correctly it will not detect the back of the car.

water guy

Reaction score
The Sonar is definitely in the middle of the hole .and the sonar rear is set as close as possible. I will send pics . Everytime I would wipe the water off the sonar and it would measure properly. I did notice that when it would go all the way back, that it was slamming the stops on the driver's side also. There was an owner operator in Rockport TX that had a lot problems starting up his Razor and was actually asking for some help on here as well it has been about a year ago if anyone has any contact info I would appreciate it.he had the same installer as well.

water guy

Reaction score
I had it square and it would not collect as much water on the lens and actually worked great and we turned it flat on Friday and then we went down on Saturday. I actually asked the tech support about that being at an angle he said sure.

water guy

Reaction score
Same thing sonar gets wet machine doesn't measure the vehicle correctly. The actual machine jump the rails up on top they installed new belts realigned the machine this morning it was out of a line again

water guy

Reaction score
Also they're replacing the gearbox this morning for the trolley I don't know what the hell I bought but I took out a sixteen-year-old laser 4000 it was working perfectly good

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Was the grantee hung level does it track true easy without power ?

water guy

Reaction score
yes yesterday they replaced the sonar and replaced the cord all the way to the main box and actually swapped some wires with spares which I thought was silly because there was nothing wrong with the sonar cord.Sonar works fine till it gets moisture on it then it goes pass I can't imagine nobody else having this problem.

water guy

Reaction score
Im kinda tired of dealing with parts replacers and not true techs.I guess I'm call a Priest next time maybe better luck at solving this problem 🤔

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
a sonar getting wet and causing a problem doesn't make any sense to me.