What's new

Washworld Razor Sonar

water guy

Reaction score
Hell I wish I was making it up and yes its doesn't make any sense to me .but I thought we was getting trained technicians it least I thought.

scarrylarry

Reaction score
Went live today and having rear sonar problems as well. What color should light on Sonar be when over car vs. over floor?

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Hang in there. I have razor 7years all orginal sonar. NOCK on WOOD. Now belanger sonars they don't last .

water guy

Reaction score
Just thinking possibly got a bad batch of sonars this one has been getting wet and is working now fixing to go and check it in a few minutes

scarrylarry

Reaction score
Over car, light is green? Over floor is light supposed to be red? Mine seems to flicker between green and red over floor.

MEP001

Reaction score
a sonar getting wet and causing a problem doesn't make any sense to me.
I've seen it happen on a Belanger Vector. It's not usually a problem on those units because the sonar is at such an angle that water runs off to the edge, but when I worked as a distributor we had one that kept shutting down because the trifoam was spraying/blowing onto the face of the sonar and it couldn't "see" the floor and would shut down. After several people tried elaborate attempts at solutions that didn't work, I put some stainless wood screws in the top foam nozzles that were spraying the sonar and that solved it.

Etowah

water guy

Reaction score
well this sonar has been getting wet for the 3hrs and is still doing a good job.none of this makes sense.what does everyone clean the lens on the Sonar with I was told to use wd-40 .I Don't think that's right.

soonermajic

Reaction score
well this sonar has been getting wet for the 3hrs and is still doing a good job.none of this makes sense.what does everyone clean the lens on the Sonar with I was told to use wd-40 .I Don't think that's right.
If it's working good, why would you be cleaning it &/or spraying WD40 on it?

sparkey

Reaction score
The sonar doesn't have a "lens". It sends out sound waves and measures the difference in time between when the sound was transmitted and received to determine the distance. I noticed that washworld has changed to a new style sonar on your machine than mine has, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. The sonar transmits an analog signal to the PLC which is susceptible to electrical noise. Have you checked all your connections and routed your sonar cables away from any AC power wires, or motor wiring? I would even open all your junction boxes and get as much distance between your sonar cables and motor cables as possible. I would ensure everything is grounded, and any shielded cables are grounded on one end only. Hopefully your sonar cables are using shielded wire. I have seen un-grounded DC power supplies do this type of thing. If the negative on the DC power supply is not tied to ground you may want to give that a try. Also check the side sonars, there is a sync wire that goes between the two that prevents both sonars from transmitting at the same time to prevent cross talk. When you park a car in the bay and run the machine over it does the signal look steady? Does the signal stay steady when the carriage is moving (want to make sure the VFDs are not inducing noise into the sonar cable)? I am a controls engineer at my real job and we see noise issues do this type of thing all the time. With the belts coming off and your sonar issues it sounds like just a crappy install.

water guy

Reaction score
None of the wires for the Sonar are shielded. I asked the other day about that to the tech because we was having the same type of issue with the 4k and we ran a shielded communication wire to the measuring prox and problems totally went away. You would think Washworld being full of Ex Pdq People they would notice that. And your right it was a Very Shitty Install.There again the Small Owner Operator gets dumped on Again. The installer has got a bunch of installs for Convenience Stores and other investors they actually pulled one of the 2 guys off my project to go finish another .

Eric H

Reaction score
I don't have the wiring schedule in front of me but I'm fairly certain that shielded cable is specified for the sonar.
Did the distributor do the wiring or did an electrician do it?

water guy

Reaction score
They built the damn machine they should know when you need shielded wire and when you don't so hell know I didn't provide shielded wire because that should come with the damn machine come On!!

Eric H

Reaction score
They don't provide the wire from the VS2 box to the UCC in the equipment room.
I offered to help you a few days ago after you contacted me. I sent you my cell number but you haven't called. I understand you're stressed out but I suggest that you don't lash out at the people that are trying to help you for ZERO compensation. I'm available most of the day today, so go ahead and call me and there a some basic things that we can check. i suggest that you call Washworld Technical service. They almost always take your call directly and they are VERY good at diagnosing issues over the phone.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come on Water Guy! I've seen several members try to help and in reply you trash out Washworld every chance you get. Now you're talking down to those trying to help you. I know it's frustrating to spend alot of money and then have problems, but you should try being nicer to people who are trying to help.

I