What's new

WASHWORLD RAZOR EDGE OR PDQ LASERWASH 360, THOUGHTS?

DavidM

Reaction score
I think maybe you are selling the Petit wash short. I had a Vector and the Petit machine is nothing like it. It has two big red or blue arms but that is the only similarity. It moves around the car differently, the oscillating nozzles are different, it can turn off nozzles for smaller vehicles and adjust the pressure of the top nozzles based on the distance to the surface of the vehicle. I'm not saying the Petit is the best thing since sliced bread but it is on a whole different level than anything Belanger or Jim Coleman has made.

The Petit is on my short list for future installs, not sure it will beat out Washworld but it has some valuable features.

David

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It would have been on my shortlist as well IF they had a better distributorship. I understand it's an awesome and very fast system but when the time comes for service and it will, I would want to be sure I'm not waiting for a service tech from another state to show up and pay for a ton of drivetime, I service 95% of any issues on my systems but there is sometimes I need service or parts locally once that's established the likelihood to purchase their system would be a hit.

sparkey

Reaction score
There is no way I would purchase a PDQ machine. I just purchased a used laserwash 4000 and tried to register on their website to gain access to manuals and parts list so I could buy spare parts. They wouldn't give me access to either. I emailed them also. They will not give you access to this stuff, even though I own the machine. Yes I tried to register my serial number. They don't care. Never saw such poor customer service. Luckily I can get parts from washworld since many of the parts are interchangeable. They even post their parts manuals online without a password so anyone can get access to them.

Reaction score
I would go for the RAZOR. the RAZOR has the Virtual Attendant feature which if the arm hits an object like a mirror or bike rack, it maneuvers around it. It also seems the RAZOR is much faster than the LaserWash.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would go for the RAZOR. the RAZOR has the Virtual Attendant feature which if the arm hits an object like a mirror or bike rack, it maneuvers around it. It also seems the RAZOR is much faster than the LaserWash.
This kid is just a YouTuber who rides with someone through different car washes in his area.

MEP001

Reaction score

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
It would have been on my shortlist as well IF they had a better distributorship. I understand it's an awesome and very fast system but when the time comes for service and it will, I would want to be sure I'm not waiting for a service tech from another state to show up and pay for a ton of drivetime, I service 95% of any issues on my systems but there is sometimes I need service or parts locally once that's established the likelihood to purchase their system would be a hit.
What would you do if any and all service was 3-4+ hours away? Who would you choose then?

I'm considering a Petit. My only complaint about it is the machine itself isn't very appealing looking.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What would you do if any and all service was 3-4+ hours away? Who would you choose then?

I'm considering a Petit. My only complaint about it is the machine itself isn't very appealing looking.
If service was 3-4+ hrs away I would have to strongly consider that, because we have had to get a service tech from MN to drive to Iowa for a call and the trip charge was insane but the knowledge the tech brought was worth every penny so that's why it helps to learn your equipment from either factory training or general hands-on. If the system you choose has a proven record of uptime, ease of maintenance, open architecture for parts, etc then it's worth pulling the trigger on, what I don't care for is when you call the manufacture and nobody knows how to fix your issues or won't give you info regarding equipment you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase or have "affordable" parts in general at the ready.

JLG26

Reaction score
Flash dry confuses customers, they think the automatic is malfunctioning. I was getting calls all the time, so I turned that feature off.

If you can, I’d go with stand alone dryers outside the bay. I have onboard and wish I didn’t.
I agree. We turned our flash dry as well.

washallday

Reaction score
If you are in a cold climate i would do on board dryers. Having the door open while they are driving out during drying cools of the inside bay. You should also check to see if others in your distributor location are happy with them, PDQ or WW.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you are in a cold climate i would do on board dryers. Having the door open while they are driving out during drying cools of the inside bay. You should also check to see if others in your distributor location are happy with them, PDQ or WW.
What about lengthening your bay, to.have dryers inside, but yer still far enough away to get it dryed & allow the next car to start washing? Is that too expensive to do (lengthen the bay)?

washallday

Reaction score
If you have the space anything is possible. I think that would cost to much.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Oadis has a system setup like this. Eclipse model. It's pretty intriguing...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me, doing my own service and repairs on the IBA has been a great learning experience. It lets me learn more about my equipment and gives me more control over repair times and cost. When I do upgrade my equipment with Washworld, I'll keep maintaining and repairing it myself.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have 2 machines that are getting to the end of their lives. A Ryko Radius and Sotgloss XS. Although I could keep the machines running indefinitely the reasons for upgrading are many.

Less problems/down time/lost customers
Remote Access & Control
New look
Faster wash times

I've also thought about doing away with the brushed machine and just doing a double touches with Petit 360's. I have probably a 2:1 customer base that prefers the touches to the friction. From luxury cars to large diesel trucks to vehicles with roof carriers/bike racks/ski racks/ etc.

I figure I could market it by saying it's as fast as an EE and doesn't damage your car :p