What's new

WASHWORLD RAZOR EDGE OR PDQ LASERWASH 360, THOUGHTS?

Hoss

Reaction score
after long time looking to choose a machine for my both side by side wash, i ended up with these 2 option, both are almost the same price, same distributor service, almost same look, just as im looking for on board dryer, laser wash has flash dry which razor doesn't,
which one should i choose, thoughts? thanks

Eric H

Reaction score
Remind me how the flash dry works. IIRC, The high pressure pump and dryers are running at the same time. How many amps would that draw on startup (inrush) and while running? Do you have enough capacity without tripping the main breaker?

For what it's worth, I have two Razors and two Razor EDGE machines and couldn't be happier. Decision to go with WW was mainly because of the distributor and WW's reputation for amazing customer support.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Flash dry confuses customers, they think the automatic is malfunctioning. I was getting calls all the time, so I turned that feature off.

If you can, I’d go with stand alone dryers outside the bay. I have onboard and wish I didn’t.

DavidM

Reaction score
I have a Laserwash 360 (not Plus) and a Razor Edge. My preference is the Razor. If you have to do onboard drying, you can combine your final wax and rinse into one pass with the Razor so I think it negates the flash dry advantage. If you can do drive through drying, do it.

I think the Razor is built better, it does a great job and seems to be more thoughtfully designed.

David

Hoss

Reaction score
Remind me how the flash dry works. IIRC, The high pressure pump and dryers are running at the same time. How many amps would that draw on startup (inrush) and while running? Do you have enough capacity without tripping the main breaker?

For what it's worth, I have two Razors and two Razor EDGE machines and couldn't be happier. Decision to go with WW was mainly because of the distributor and WW's reputation for amazing customer support.
I'm upgrading the service to 400 so no worries for that,
<PDQ's LaserWash 360 Plus integrated dryer option, coupled with the overhead rinse arch, can perform a unique FlashDry service that takes no additional time for a basic dry. This is achieved by performing a rinse and dry simultaneously in a single pass over the vehicle. Developed on the simple theory that it is easier to remove water that is already moving, FlashDry improves rinsing while removing over 80% of the water in a single 10 second pass.>

Hoss

Reaction score
Flash dry confuses customers, they think the automatic is malfunctioning. I was getting calls all the time, so I turned that feature off.

If you can, I’d go with stand alone dryers outside the bay. I have onboard and wish I didn’t.
But didn’t dry better than stands? What if we just use onboard dryer not do flash dry? Im always concerning people cannot drive smooth under stands and cant get good dey

Hoss

Reaction score
I have a Laserwash 360 (not Plus) and a Razor Edge. My preference is the Razor. If you have to do onboard drying, you can combine your final wax and rinse into one pass with the Razor so I think it negates the flash dry advantage. If you can do drive through drying, do it.

I think the Razor is built better, it does a great job and seems to be more thoughtfully designed.

David
You mean you are not happy witg onboard dryer too?

soonermajic

Reaction score
But didn’t dry better than stands? What if we just use onboard dryer not do flash dry? Im always concerning people cannot drive smooth under stands and cant get good dey
I never hear any negatives about stand alone dryers

DavidM

Reaction score
On board drying slows down the wash significantly. With the right chemistry and dryers I can get just as good or better with drive through dryers. I have drive through at one location and on board at another. Future installs will always be drive through

Beddattery

Reaction score
I'm going to echo what Eric H feelings are on WW machines.....

When it was time to replace my Water Wizard 2.0 I did my research with several cafeterias in mind.

I wanted to see quality of build and materials, simplicity of design, ease of maintenance and a machine with a track record of reliability.

I found these in the Razor.....

Their tech support has been amazing and

the company has been supportive both in and out of warranty for the 2+ years that I have owned the machine.

Eric H

Reaction score
I should probably add that my distributor has brought several people to my site to see the machines. They always ask "How are these to work on?" I always have to say "How should I know! The things just wash cars all day long!" But seriously, I grease the machine and there is a clogged nozzle or clogged solenoid occasionally and I replaced 2 HP hoses in 4 years. The things are a cash cow...and I HATE that phrase.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
I should probably add that my distributor has brought several people to my site to see the machines. They always ask "How are these to work on?" I always have to say "How should I know! The things just wash cars all day long!" But seriously, I grease the machine and there is a clogged nozzle or clogged solenoid occasionally and I replaced 2 HP hoses in 4 years. The things are a cash cow...and I HATE that phrase.
Out of curiosity what did you replace with the razors?

Eric H

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what did you replace with the razors?
I added 2 new bays to a SS only site for the Razor 3 and converted 2 bays at a SS only site for the Razor EDGE.
Locally there is a 360 at a very well run gas station site that seems to do pretty good business and new 2 bay (1 360 and 1 tandem). I think the owners are happy with their choice.
There is another wash that has Kondors at 2 of their sites. I see the service trucks and the Electrician there all the time...I'm not saying they're a bad machine but you can't go wrong with a 360 OR a Razor. I comes down to the service company and direct support from the manufacturer.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And it also comes down to your own abilities. You are farther ahead when you can diagnose and repair problems on your own. This is in addition to distributor/ factory support, but it does matter. Calling in service techs every time you have a malfunction gets expensive and puts you o.o.o. until tech shows up.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Not to knock on W.W but Petit Auto Wash seems to be making waves amongst some IBA owners as of lately.

sparkey

Reaction score
I like WW because its not full of proprietary parts that you have to purchase from them. The PLC is standard Allen Bradley industry parts that are plentiful and not just from wash world.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The Petit 360i system is a mix of Belanger Kondor and a Jim Coleman Water Wizard personally I just think they need to focus that piece of equipment on the Tunnel market not IBA's it's like what happened with Sonnys and their Bay Wash system they tried their hand at before giving it to Oasis.

Etowah