What's new

Washworld Profile

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Yes. When we had the PDQ Tandem with the actual brushes for wheel cleaners, we had several claims for scratched wheels. There's no liability with the touchless and it does it great job.

JustClean

Reaction score
I concur with the touchless wheel detailer for the profile, we use the power towers as our wheel cleaner and I wish we would of spent extra on the wheel detailer (touchless) option. 7ft is the height I know that much width I don't know without measuring my blue reflectors on the floor.
So, you don't have the wheel cleaners (that would be my preferred option). Without the wheel cleaning option what pressure pump does the machine come with? I guess you won't have a really high high pressure pump then. Or have you?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The profile comes with the same pump stand whether you purchase the touchless wheel detailer option or the power towers or both

1616652399937.png

Etowah

JustClean

Reaction score
Does the Profile detect a pickup with gear in the back? Or do you just refuse pickups in general?
I can imagine that bad things can happen when the top brush get entangled in a rope or something else. How do you guys handle that?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It's called top brush interrupt on my Ryko SoftGloss when it detects an open bed and won't allow the top brush to keep spinning and retracts, on my Profile, it's the same principle the top brush stays above the bed until it reaches the cab of the pickup truck and starts washing.

JustClean

Reaction score
It's called top brush interrupt on my Ryko SoftGloss when it detects an open bed and won't allow the top brush to keep spinning and retracts, on my Profile, it's the same principle the top brush stays above the bed until it reaches the cab of the pickup truck and starts washing.
I've never seen this. How does the machines detect a pickup and/or any rubbish on the tray?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
That's why it's called the "Profile". The sensor actually sees a digital image of the vehicle and can tell it's a pick-up. You can watch the screen and actually see what the machine is seeing. The top brush does not go down into the bed. It goes over the roof of the cab and keeps going, spraying chems and rinse into the bed from above. Very high-tech.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Don't they all float above the bed? I had a Wesumat built in 2005. It was the biggest piece of crap that I ever owned, but the brush didn't drop into the bed. The Mark VII softwash that replaced it (Just as good as the Wesumat was bad), didn't either. I can't imagine any brush machine that drops into beds would be on the market long.

washnshine

Reaction score
Don't they all float above the bed? I had a Wesumat built in 2005. It was the biggest piece of crap that I ever owned, but the brush didn't drop into the bed. The Mark VII softwash that replaced it (Just as good as the Wesumat was bad), didn't either. I can't imagine any brush machine that drops into beds would be on the market long.
Yes - I think most all machines have a pickup truck bed avoidance. They all go about it a little differently though.

JustClean

Reaction score
Hmm...I've got a 12 years old Washtec. I went through the technician manual. They talk about a pickup setting. It looks like you have to manually activate a specific "pickup wash". I might be wrong. Anyway, with my machine there is no way of actually detecting a pickup automatically. I am just wondering how Istobal does it? Both machines are very similar.

TravisW

Reaction score
Hmm...I've got a 12 years old Washtec. I went through the technician manual. They talk about a pickup setting. It looks like you have to manually activate a specific "pickup wash". I might be wrong. Anyway, with my machine there is no way of actually detecting a pickup automatically. I am just wondering how Istobal does it? Both machines are very similar.
The Istobal uses counters. It knows in the program if the drive count is past a certain count and the brush is above a count that If the brush loses it's level and lowers 5 pulses to stop lowering because it's a truck.

JustClean

Reaction score
Have you ever washed a flat-bed pickup? So in other words instead of a tub it has a flat table?
This table would just cut into my side brushes like a knife on my Washtec. Happened just yesterday. Still out of order.

MEP001

Reaction score
They also do a pretty good job of removing a row of vendors off a wall. Had this happen a few days ago at a wash (Not mine thankfully).

• Haha
Reactions: APW

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Have you ever washed a flat-bed pickup? So in other words instead of a tub it has a flat table?
This table would just cut into my side brushes like a knife on my Washtec. Happened just yesterday. Still out of order.
We have several customers with flat-bed pick-ups that come through our Profile and we haven't had any problems.

TravisW

Reaction score
I'm a service technician for Istobal, I've washed flatbeds. It feels sketchy watching it happen but it brushes right through them. You have deeper brush contact but it works.

JustClean

Reaction score
I'm a service technician for Istobal, I've washed flatbeds. It feels sketchy watching it happen but it brushes right through them. You have deeper brush contact but it works.
Would the Profile also have deeper brush contact or is its calculation based on the distance measured by the side sonars?

Hraustin

Reaction score
Would the Profile also have deeper brush contact or is its calculation based on the distance measured by the side sonars?
You can adjust how aggressive profiles brushes are. Go by the amps in the brush settings. Detects the restriction, and goes off of that for in or out. All in the settings. Will say the brushes get a very deep clean at 2.3a on side brushes 😉

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'd never, under any circumstances, want to brush a flatbed. NEVER