What's new

WASHBOT unit- finally a new technology to the carwash industry

PatrickB

Reaction score
Hello from NC,

Ive been an operator for over 17years and owned/operated PDQs, Washworlds, an Autec and a MarkVII. I ran across the opportunity to install a completely new technology from a new local manufacturer. Even though my G5 was running fine I decided to make the plunge on a Washbot unit given it had so much new and different to offer.

My customers love it. They have a choice of truly completely friction, or completely touch free without any brushes hanging off the machine. 6 months later, even though there has been constant highway construction, my wash is 20% higher revenues over last year-to-date and my electric bill is lower year-to-date.

Interestingly, I feel this is a true test of friction vs touchfree automatic without having directly visible brushes. We are almost 50/50 touch free vs friction. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;a4dVseZ-3Aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4dVseZ-3Aw[/video]

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's sure a glowing testimonial for a machine that I've never even heard of, nor seen at any convention. Some may go as far as calling it an ad. I notice that you are from the same state in which it is built. Are you affiliated with this company in any way?

PatrickB

Reaction score
I am not associated with the company ...I met the owner of washbot thru me having a profit share with family fare and I was giving that site up and family fare gave Pete my name to get some info and I ended up buying a machine for. My wash site

MEP001

Reaction score
How long does a top-level wash take? Ten minutes?

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
Tried to load youtube. Didn't work for me.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Patrick, from a salesman's point of view, I have to tell you I am impressed with what Pete must have said to you. From what you have said, you took out a PDQ G5 that apparently was working fine, and most likely paid for, and put in a new machine from a company that just started selling machines. I have a customer that has 2 washes, one with an automatic that has been dead for two years, and I still can't get him to pull the trigger. And money is not the problem. I have known Pete, and his late father, for many years and they are good people. Tell him I said hello. And see if you can get me a copy of his sales pitch.

BBE

Reaction score
A google search shows that a company called PX machines is behind this wash

http://pxmachines.com/

They are a mechanical and robotical company who engineers machines specifically for other people and companies evidently.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Pretty impressive. How long is the top package? Does it perform good in NC cold winters have to weep a lot of water compared to a G5 or 4000. I live in NC and this is pretty wild looking machine where is this located so I can take a look in person. Who is local distributor instailer or does Pete instail them. Thanks Thomas Hillsborough NC.

PatrickB

Reaction score
It does not use anywhere close to the water and chemical when weeping that both PDQ machines use...The top package with the soft touch option last about 9 minutes abviously without is about 8.....I am located in Reidsville and would be glad for you to come up and look at the machine

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Sounds good what's the address in reedsville that's a major downfall 8-9 mins. I already charge $14 for my top package I would have to charge $20 for a 8min wash. That would kill me on a snow day people driving off now for a 6min 30sec top wash at my site on a slow day if people are waiting. Thats only 7.5 cars per hour @ 8mins. That would kill my monthly average. Still pretty cool. I would like to check it out. You can email me at southernpridecarwash@gmail.com with your information.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Unless that unit is quite a bit cheaper I really don't see the advantage over what is out there today. I watched their video and think the way it attaches and removes the application arm and the friction components might prove to be a problem over extended use. I also don't like the fact that it does not contour the top movement as many of the machines out there do. I would think that would reduce the power of the impingement of the tops of the vehicles. The video does mention that eventually the top mitter will be able to oscillate but for now ti is nothing more than a drag curtain that doesn't seem to cover the surface friction on the top at all. I am also a little concerned about the drying passes. It did articulate sideways to create an angle but but hard to tell from the video the unit seems to push the existing water back on the return pass. I agree with others that the speed of (or lack of) the wash process is not acceptable. I wonder what the ability to program it is. I commend anyone that is trying to improve what we have today on the market but in other words I really don't see any real advantage over what is available today. Maybe I am missing something.

PatrickB

Reaction score
Just for clarification, I like to run my wash top level 8min, but it can be set up to run faster. They are actually working on getting a top level wash done in under 4 minutes. With the robotics, you can see how it could run very fast.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's no way that machine could do a top-level wash in under four minutes if it has to change from spray arm to brush, back to spray arm and then remove the arm to dry.

car wash maniac

Reaction score
I have been to this wash and know Pete. I have been a Service manager for over a decade with experience with all brands. I am responsible for over 200 car washes. This thing is light years ahead of anything I've seen. First the wash times of 9 minutes is not exactly correct. Patrick has it that slow because pollen season was coming on and he did not want to make adjustment while that was going on. The wash is much much faster than that. Top touch free wash is 3 minutes and brush wash is 4.5. It has an onboard dryer so compared to wash with a stand alone, it adds a minute. When i say it is way ahead of any technology I've seen, let me elaborate.

1. Central support beam allows for WIDE vehicles and is a super clean looking wide open install. Widest car measure envelope I've seen. To within 6 inches of the bay side walls. Built extremely well.
2. No need for a pay station. You can use one but it already has the tech for smartphone pay systems. (in development)
3. No air compressor is needed. You can use one but Pete's new patent pending foam system Really does not require one.
4. Reset your wash from wherever you are via smartphone. Think of the time and money you save on nuisance calls.
5. Smaller HP pump motor. Saves on energy costs but cleans a car like gangbusters. Really cool nozzles with machine adaptability that no one else comes close to.
6. Smaller Dryer motors that save power, too. The Washbot transformer pod can rotate to peel the water off the car. That is very unique and quite a show.
7. A true combo wash. Gives your customers a real choice between touch free and brush. Both types clean a car extremely well.
8. No soap injectors.

9. state of the art controller.
10. fewer electrical wires to connect it all together.

I have watched this young man do what all the other companies were afraid to do. He has designed a machine that gives so much more to the owner, customer and service folks.

Pete did not make this wash to satisfy some brush versus touch free agenda. He made it for his customers to make money with it. He made it to satisfy your customers should you be smart enough and quick enough to get ahead of the curve and ahead of your competition.

Your service guys will love it. Reliable. remote access to correct problems, not just to monitor them. The switch from brush to touch free is a great show and faster than most people think it is. I also have worked in industrial automation for over 30 years and realize that this technology was similar to the robust engineering that made the Mars Rover possible.

This is truly a wash for this century.

I deal with all kinds of washes every day. This is by far the best I've seen.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Thanks for posting - it is always good to see a new take on what we do. Every manufacturer had to build their first machine at some point and only time will tell if this company is the next ryko, pdq or if this technology gets copied by one of the big players in the market.

To the original poster: Looking at the touch free side of this machine only, what would you say differentiates its wash quality from the other inverted L machines with similar sizing capabilities - sides, front and back?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Although it’s hard to judge based on superlatives alone, marketable technology seems to be the emphasis here rather than innovation.

For example, I didn’t see anything in video that would suggest this machine provides a breakthrough in terms of process speed, cleaning ability, water consumption or maintenance.

It looks different for sure but is it really better than what is already available.

For example, Petit’s 360-i in-bay (a real robot with six degrees of freedom) would run circles around this thing.