What's new

Vacuum gas havoc

Rainway

Reaction score
Customer had some spilled gas in his van and decided to vacuum it.

Police say it doesn’t rise to level of vandalism so basically file an insurance claim.

25642573-A886-4108-8FF0-46EB11F049A8.jpeg

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me.
When I reported the claim to the insurance co. they sent a check for half the cost of purchase and said they would pay the remaining deference with shipping and install cost after it was installed.
Kind of a pain but it all worked out fine.

Randy

Reaction score
I’d have to say you got off pretty lucky. We’ve had people suck up gasoline a number of times. The last time it burned the filter bags, motors, wiring, discolored the decals and melted the dome. We pretty much started with a shell. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find out who it was, Juneau isn’t a real big city, probably a fisherman.

Most people don’t understand how much explosive power there is in gasoline. When I was in grade school the fire department put on a demonstration with one drop of gasoline in a chamber and set it off, made a pretty good bang and launched a baseball a couple hundred feet in the air.

Rainway

Reaction score
What kind of camera system do you have. Those pictures are amazing.
We have a Reolink NVR system, I believe our cameras are the 5MP versions, they also have some UHD / 4K quality as well.