Same thing happened to me.
When I reported the claim to the insurance co. they sent a check for half the cost of purchase and said they would pay the remaining deference with shipping and install cost after it was installed.
Kind of a pain but it all worked out fine.
I’d have to say you got off pretty lucky. We’ve had people suck up gasoline a number of times. The last time it burned the filter bags, motors, wiring, discolored the decals and melted the dome. We pretty much started with a shell. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find out who it was, Juneau isn’t a real big city, probably a fisherman.
Most people don’t understand how much explosive power there is in gasoline. When I was in grade school the fire department put on a demonstration with one drop of gasoline in a chamber and set it off, made a pretty good bang and launched a baseball a couple hundred feet in the air.