What's new

Triple foam

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Seems HOT is the word. People love our Triple Foam and the Hot Cherry Shine. Cherry shine (wax) is good to use after hot hi-pressure soap, and triple foam. Break down the suds faster. Gives customers a good show.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
for what it's worth, the wax function will get a lot more use than the triple foam. People love waxing the car through the pressure gun. If you run a good product nice and rich for wax the customers will not want to do without that! Triple foam is more of an add-on and not essential like wax.
Here are the most used products at our wash all metered by $$

Hot Rinse/Spot Free
Hot Hi-Pressure Soap
Foam Brush
Triple Foam (Cleans, Shines and Protects). 3 to 1 usage over Wax!
Air Dryers
Cherry Shine Protectant

Tire and Wheel
Presoak

YMMV..

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Instead of "Triple Foam Wax" on the meter box label what about "Ceramic Foam" it seems that magical word is what the tunnel market uses to upsell their top package so why not in the Self-Serve market?
It sure is. JBS is now making ceramic triple foams - exactly what you are talking about.

washnshine

Reaction score

OurTown

Reaction score

washnshine

Reaction score
I wonder if they offer a winter version or if we could just mix in methanol like the foam brush soap.
Good question. I know methanol is fine and is widely used for soap-based products, but I’m not sure if it can be mixed in with protectants/polishes.

OurTown

Reaction score
Good question. I know methanol is fine and is widely used for soap-based products, but I’m not sure if it can be mixed in with protectants/polishes.

What do they put in it for their normal triple foam used in the self serve bays to prevent freezing? I guess if you want to put in a blow down system then you could use whatever product you want.

washnshine

Reaction score
What do they put in it for their normal triple foam used in the self serve bays to prevent freezing? I guess if you want to put in a blow down system then you could use whatever product you want.
They have several types of glow foam. One is basically a neutral pH soap, one is a polish/protectant and now this ceramic version. I’m guessing most self serve operators use the neutral/detergent version in the bay - which you probably can winterize just like foam brush soap.

Yes agreed - blowdown system makes any chem possible

slash007

Reaction score
I got tired of not having the right tip on my winter TF, so I just added the TF to my weep and use the same chemical year around. With the winter stuff, it would get colder than expected and freeze, or would stay warm for a while and you just use way too much chemical. Blow down is the way to go if I can ever get around to putting a system together.

washnshine

Reaction score
for what it's worth, the wax function will get a lot more use than the triple foam. People love waxing the car through the pressure gun. If you run a good product nice and rich for wax the customers will not want to do without that! Triple foam is more of an add-on and not essential like wax.
Agree. Plus people will start the rinse process with wax, so they are killing two birds with one stone. They’ll break up any soap and foam with it and it speeds up the rinse. Some will go straight to sfr after the wax.

D&D U-Wash

Reaction score
A lot of our customers go straight for the triple Foam. Then they use Hot Cherry Shine, then Hot rinse.

washnshine

Reaction score
A lot of our customers go straight for the triple Foam. Then they use Hot Cherry Shine, then Hot rinse.
Do they use the presoak/hp soap/foam brush first? What do they wash the car with?

Reaction score
Hi D&D,

What is being teed into your product lines on the right just after the solenoids? Is it Weep?

I just ordered a used Carolina Pride Triple foam from a guy in Indiana who pulled everything out of his wash. My pump stand is Carolina Pride so I am hoping it helps matching everything up easy. I am getting ready to order all the supplies I need in the bays. I already have the booms but I need hoses guns etc. You said you used a foam generator for each color. Wouldnt you only need it for each bay. I love your videos and I hope I can mimick that result as close as possible.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Yes, if you want lots of volume I recommend 3/8" OD tubing for the liquid and 1/4" for the air. That will cost less than 1/2" hose from the room and will make it get to the gun much faster. I make foam generators out of PVC and just tap them for the fittings.
Hi MEP I am getting ready to setup my bays like this with triple foam. 3/8" OD for product, will that help in the deliver from spitting at first and really help create a wide fan? I put my TC on a foam gun recently and customers love it but the fan isnt as wide and consistent as I would like. Shortly after doing this modification to my TC I added foam generators which really improved the presentation but it increased the delivery time. Should I step up my product line to 3/8" on that as well to fix these issues?

I am hoping I can get both my Triple Foam and Tire Cleaner dialed in this month.

MEP001

Reaction score
Assuming you're running separate tubing for liquid and air, 1/4" is really enough for 50' or so, but my wash has the room on one end so the longest runs are about 125' and only the farthest two bays don't get quite enough liquid. I use 3/8" OD mainly for consistency.

I use a 2540 tip, that means a 25° fan. I like them.

I use a foam generator that's not packed too tight, I make them with an 8" piece of 1 1/2" PVC and two nylon scrubbers inside. It takes only a couple seconds for the foam to reach the gun. It spits a little when it first comes on, but AFAIK the only way to stop that is with the GinSan foamer that fits on the end of the gun, and it's not worth what they cost to fix that.