What's new

Triple Foam Problem

OCSJOHN

Dual Bay Auto in NC
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new Washworld High Velocity thats having a problem with the triple foam application. I went through the wash today and saw that my triple foam was runny and thin and I was only getting 2 out of the 3 colors. So I went in and checked the air pressure at the pump stand which was fine and also adjusted the mixture settings on the bridge.

Went into my computer and did a triple foam test pass and it worked perfectly. Then, went to rewash my truck and it was thin and runny again. So after repeating this several times its still the same, works great when I run it as a test pass, but in an actual wash its thin and runny. So I'm sort of at a loss on what it could be and am wondering if any of you Washworld or 4000 guys have experienced this or maybe know what could cause this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Hi John,
Please contact me directly at: Washworld Technical Support

You can also contact us via E-mail

John I truly believe there is a quick resolution to this problem but I would need to verify further information.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Thank You,

Rick Lancelle
Technical Support
Washworld Inc.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I don't think you will get that quick response from most manufacturers--better I doubt that you would get any kind direct response from most manufacturers. We should start a post on which manufacturers offer direct assistance to customers within 24 hours.

B

blake247

I don't think you will get that quick response from most manufacturers--better I doubt that you would get any kind direct response from most manufacturers. We should start a post on which manufacturers offer direct assistance to customers within 24 hours.
In my case PDQ. Had frustrating problem, and was not only contacted but was given great advice and tech pdf. Solution was solved in about 30 mins afterwards. Hats off to those companies that try and help out us small guys. Yeah a post or a sticky would be a great idea, maybe it would get alot of other companies off their butts..lol.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Jim Coleman Co. will give you technical support but it will cost you $55 a hour. They say it is because they want you to call their distributors. Probably the worst decision they ever made. I don't have to worry because they would never monitor a web site where all their customers go. (Ha Ha Ha!). Just some food for thought.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Hi John,
Please contact me directly at: Washworld Technical Support

You can also contact us via E-mail

John I truly believe there is a quick resolution to this problem but I would need to verify further information.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Thank You,

Rick Lancelle
Technical Support
Washworld Inc.
WashWorld is great! Rick has helped us many times and is top notch.

waright

Reaction score
possibly too much "scrubby pad" in the foam generators. We just started up two washworlds and they would not foam properly. The chemical would stop drawing through the injectors after the first second or two. We did some tests and narrrowed the problem down to the foam generators. Took them apart and the "scrubby pad" was jammed in the tube so tight that it restricted the proper flow of chemical. Cut the pads in half and it worked great! Same problem two different bays, and same solution fixed the problem.

bigleo48

Reaction score
With my Laser M5, the problem usually is a small piece of debris blocking the input side of the injector. That will cause more water and air to get in and so make the colors runny. I seem to need to clean them once a month. A dirty scrubby can cause it too.

If you haven't cleaned out the system in a while, you may want to work late one evening and clean everything out and rebalance. It usually takes me about an hour on my M5.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
True foaming polishes (not conditioners or colored detergents) and foaming clear coat protectants will tend to gum up the scrubby pads. Depending on how many cars use that service it is best to clean those pads in an all purpose cleaner on a regular basis or even replace them annually. It's relatively easy to do and should be a part of a preventative maintenance program. The pads are very inexpensive but are one of the keys to good looking foam.

Reaction score
True foaming polishes (not conditioners or colored detergents) and foaming clear coat protectants will tend to gum up the scrubby pads. Depending on how many cars use that service it is best to clean those pads in an all purpose cleaner on a regular basis or even replace them annually. It's relatively easy to do and should be a part of a preventative maintenance program. The pads are very inexpensive but are one of the keys to good looking foam.
I agree, especially after a rainy week or two where the machines have sat dormant for a while I seem to get a lot of dried and or gummy wax residue.

Gabriel

Reaction score
There are a several great substitutes for the factory foaming pads. Possibly some of the Wash World users will give you suggestions for that particular automatic. Brand of chemicals can also cause foam pads in certain areas to gum up more so than in other areas of the country.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
John,

Had this happen to a customer of mine last week. Turned out that the outlet screen on the Sta-rite solution pump was partially plugged. The solution pump would run at about 170 PSI for the presoaks (1 Injector), but when the triple foam was turned on (3 Injectors) the solution pressure dropped down to 90 PSI - Not high enough to draw chemical - Customer unclogged the screen (Scale and sediment from the water heater) solution pump now runs at 200 PSI and drawing lots of product.

I have also had the same problem with tightly packed triple foamer tubes - Usually have to take these apart on every install to check, cut and repack.

Reds

Reaction score
Jim Coleman Co. will give you technical support but it will cost you $55 a hour. They say it is because they want you to call their distributors. Probably the worst decision they ever made. I don't have to worry because they would never monitor a web site where all their customers go. (Ha Ha Ha!). Just some food for thought.
I can only speak for the JC distributor that I deal with in Pa. They don't monitor the forum but they are very responsive. Always call me back shortly if I can't get thru, and walk me thru troubleshooting. Based on my experience with this particular distributor they (the distributor) are first class.

Shane

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem on my Mark VII. In test mode it foams great. During an actual wash it is runny on the front of the car then foamy towards the back (same thing for the next car). It doesn't stay consistantly foamy. I will try to clean them next to see if that helps.

Also, does anyone have "the list" of good substitue pads?

Thanks!

There are a several great substitutes for the factory foaming pads.

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
When I'm building a foam generator or replacing the "guts" I simply go to the local grocery store and get the plastic scrubby things in the dish washing section. I have not tried it yet but the chemist for my brand of chemical told me the copper or stainless steel ones work well.

Shane

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to get a few of those items and experiment a bit with them.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I should have posted earlier. I took my foamers off and added one stainless steel scrubby to each color. It is working great now. Now I need to do my other Automatic. Easy job, a bit time consuming though. Total cost about $2.59

OCSJOHN

Dual Bay Auto in NC
Reaction score
When I logged on today, I was surprised to see this thread had been revived from over a year ago. Just wanted to post to say that shortly after I posted that thread in September 2008, Rick contacted me and provided great support that solved the problem. I've now been running these two machines for 1.5 years and have great reliability as well as support from Washworld when it is needed, although that is rare.