What's new

Trash can's (where to buy) for vacuum islands

Island_Landlord

Reaction score
Someone swiped 1 of my cans that fits inside our vacuum islands.
It's an odd size and shape I can't find anywhere. Any ideas?
2.4 Feet Tall X 1.3 Feet wide
Pics below

Attachments

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I purchased my 1/2 cu yd garbage cans/totes off Rumpke that Ihave at each vac island....Slightly used for $75 ea. and they hold up extremely well. Cheaper than you can buy this size anywhere else even if you can find them this size. I don't know if Rumpke still offers this, but might be worth checking your garbage service company to see if they do? I also purchased a 2 cu ft dumpster off Rumpke for $600. It lowered the monthly charges about $50 by me owning and maintaining the dumpster. 1 year payback! Another one of those "No Brainers"! Its not hard for one person to up-end the totes into the dumpster.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
I purchased my 1/2 cu yd garbage cans/totes off Rumpke that Ihave at each vac island....Slightly used for $75 ea. and they hold up extremely well. Cheaper than you can buy this size anywhere else even if you can find them this size. I don't know if Rumpke still offers this, but might be worth checking your garbage service company to see if they do? I also purchased a 2 cu ft dumpster off Rumpke for $600. It lowered the monthly charges about $50 by me owning and maintaining the dumpster. 1 year payback! Another one of those "No Brainers"! Its not hard for one person to up-end the totes into the dumpster.

I didn't know you could own the dumpster and save. We also have Rumpke because the only other choice is Waste Management and they are more money. How do you dump those big totes into your dumpster when they are full of car parts or bottles of water? (not sure why we get a fair amount of bottles of water)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I just attached a photo of the dumpster I own...I wanted to make sure I quoted the size correctly! The ID is 3'x3'x6'....2cu yd. Costs me $56 a month dumped once a week, up $4.00 from 11 years ago! I usually don't wait till the totes are completely full before dumping. AND inveribly someone leaves the lid open during a down pour....But I've managed to get them dumped by myself for going on 13 years now! Heavy carparts and boxes, I just pull them out first....Its really not hard to do at all using leverage! The top lip of the tote fits just over the lip of the dumpster. Pivot/Tilt it up, use your knee under the tote and up-end it into the dumster. Easy peasy!!

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
BTW, since its my dumpster! I cut the locking mechanism apart and did away with the gears and "Stuff" inside the locking box. Now I don't have to unlock it to dump the totes in. Plus the mechanism is such that when tilted its "Supposed" to unlock on its own so it can be dumped into the garbage truck. No worries of that failing now! LOL...And the attached Lock is all that it takes to deter dumpers! I've never had an issue, knock on wood! You can also see where I've had a new bottom welded in. Cost me $300 to have that done. I ended up painting it and also put bed liner on the inside. Pop can be pretty corrossive. Seems to work fine! I think I'm still way ahead!

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The Uline cans are 35 gallon ($100) and the Rumpke Totes like I have are 96 gallons (I paid $75 ea). So not quite 3 times larger. HD and Lowes sells a 64 gallon one for ($109) and the 96 gallon like the Rumpke tote for ($124). I'll have to disagree with having a 35 gallon trash can at the CW unless you are ok dumping it every day or multiple times a day. At least for my wash anyway.