What's new

Touchless or Friction

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I would be comfortable with a customer controlling the delivery of any products in the wash, that is to say driving through at their own pace for things like soap wax sealer etc. I say this based on the fact that many customers can't or won't properly drive through my freestanding blowers. Sometimes they go through very quickly and these are often the same customers that complain about the vehicle not being dry.

CMDguy

Reaction score
I don't think I would be comfortable with a customer controlling the delivery of any products in the wash, that is to say driving through at their own pace for things like soap wax sealer etc. I say this based on the fact that many customers can't or won't properly drive through my freestanding blowers. Sometimes they go through very quickly and these are often the same customers that complain about the vehicle not being dry.
Makes sense. How often do you get these complaints if you don’t mind me asking?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You should not be giving advice at all.
I agree to a point, that they shouldn't be giving advice, but sometimes an opinion from a users POV is helpful. One thing that comes to mind is how many operators beat their brains out trying to make that silly foam curtain work like they want. I would bet that if they surveyed a hundred customers, none of them would give two squirts about that thing and would prefer a rain bar. Myself, I don't like the drive-thru PS arch. I used one once and felt uneasy with my truck moving and the windshield covered. Yeah, I know I was supposed to turn on my wipers, but who wants to immediately remove the soap from one of the dirtiest parts of the car. A set of eyes from the other viewpoint isn't always bad, providing they "stay in their lane."

CMDguy

Reaction score
I used one once and felt uneasy with my truck moving and the windshield covered.
I see exactly what you mean. I've never drove myself through one but part of that is because I don't feel comfortable doing so.

A set of eyes from the other viewpoint isn't always bad, providing they "stay in their lane."
As someone who is very passionate about car washes, I know operators who use feedback from myself and others to improve the customer experience. I am Autistic so I often don't think before I post though, so sometimes I do get myself caught in giving serious advice when I shouldn't. It's definitely something I can learn from though. From now on I'm gonna be staying away from advice threads unless someone says something interesting and I have a question about their POV.

It's hard to come across young people who are optimistic about opening their own business. I'm glad to say I have talked with a lot of owners and operators and have learned so much from them.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
I agree to a point, that they shouldn't be giving advice, but sometimes an opinion from a users POV is helpful. One thing that comes to mind is how many operators beat their brains out trying to make that silly foam curtain work like they want. I would bet that if they surveyed a hundred customers, none of them would give two squirts about that thing and would prefer a rain bar. Myself, I don't like the drive-thru PS arch. I used one once and felt uneasy with my truck moving and the windshield covered. Yeah, I know I was supposed to turn on my wipers, but who wants to immediately remove the soap from one of the dirtiest parts of the car. A set of eyes from the other viewpoint isn't always bad, providing they "stay in their lane."
True.