What's new

Touchless or Friction

washnshine

Reaction score
Have run the same Autec EV1 Combination machine in a stand alone 65' glass wash on a postage stamp lot since '04. Yes had to adjust the model as competition came. Started with a 49' building with no vacs have expanded and added free vacs with a gated lot. We have 3 Express tunnels within 1 mile and another that just opened. With each tunnel the business dropped but within 6 mo my volume cames back. Ya just have to meet your competition with a better consistent wash to keep volume coming. Remember we are open 24/7 and they aren't. Maybe adding "wash club" is in the future. As far as damage not an issue and labor to keep the lot clean and machine lubed is a minimum. If you are spending time going through video something is wrong.....
Looks like they updated the machine.

Reaction score

OurTown

Reaction score
The turbo nozzle upgrade has a Cat 3545 pump instead of a 3535.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind one of those in one of my ss bays. Most of the videos I see are the in bay express, but I’m assuming they have a good cycle time even if everything is onboard - except the dryers. Even if I had the space I wouldn’t want customers responsible for driving through soap, trifoam, rise and wax arches.

CMDguy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind one of those in one of my ss bays. Most of the videos I see are the in bay express, but I’m assuming they have a good cycle time even if everything is onboard - except the dryers. Even if I had the space I wouldn’t want customers responsible for driving through soap, trifoam, rise and wax arches.
I see where you are coming from with drive through arches, especially soap. We’re talking about expensive equipment that could be potentially ran into if instructions aren’t followed (wipers).

Reaction score
I wouldn't have drive thru presoak arches, that's just a hazard. I WOULD have drive thru drying agent and spot free arches to increase speed of the machine.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
What's the benefit of having drive thru rinse?
I would say another perk could be that the customer can go through it at their own pace, also may help by reducing the chances of soap being left on the car since the customer can go at a slower pace while not keeping other people in line waiting as much.

CWS

Reaction score
I wouldn't have drive thru presoak arches, that's just a hazard. I WOULD have drive thru drying agent and spot free arches to increase speed of the machine.
That's exactly what I thought until we implemented a Pre-Soak Arch. Surprising customers turn on their wipers. I can honestly say we have never had a hit due to the PS arch. Now you just can't fix stupid we have had a few crashes with customers driving into the machine (not presoak wash) wouldn't matter what kind of machine!

CMDguy

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought until we implemented a Pre-Soak Arch. Surprising customers turn on their wipers. I can honestly say we have never had a hit due to the PS arch. Now you just can't fix stupid we have had a few crashes with customers driving into the machine (not presoak wash) wouldn't matter what kind of machine!
Very interesting!

MEP001

Reaction score
I would say another perk could be that the customer can go through it at their own pace, also may help by reducing the chances of soap being left on the car since the customer can go at a slower pace while not keeping other people in line waiting as much.
This is a kid with zero real-world car wash experience.

CMDguy

Reaction score
I have a friend IRL that wanted to join here and the first thing I told him is "DO NOT" make recommendations or quote product literature. With my past experience on here with an account called "Metro DSM Car Washes" that I lost the info to I clearly learned to not.

Even though I have been shown in depth of a lot of car wash systems including equipment rooms and individual equipment functions it is not my place or any other "enthusiast's" to recommend how you spend your money on something

Being forthcoming is important so people will know your background.

MEP001

Reaction score
Being forthcoming is important so people will know your background.
And yet you continue to make recommendations that you know you shouldn't and don't have any real-world experience to formulate a truthful or factual comment.

CMDguy

Reaction score
And yet you continue to make recommendations that you know you shouldn't and don't have any real-world experience to formulate a truthful or factual comment.
Again, I am trying my best. I sent you a PM with some info. I completely agree with you on your comments.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
Look to some extent that is true, but just an FYI the reason I'm on this forum to begin with is because I plan to own a wash in about 10ish years or less and I want to learn about the industry for when I do own my own wash. I would also like to apologize for how I replied to you back in 2020-21 and I do realize i should have stayed in my lane and said that I was not a wash owner. Now unlike my past self I'm not going to argue and insult because I have learned and moved on from that.

Last edited: