What's new

Touch Less Automatic Chemicals

APW

Reaction score
I would also like to know how strong you run you chemicals. I run my strong (55 drops) on alkaline and still can't get cars super clean. It looks almost like brake dust on the back of vehicles and it will not come off. After the car comes out you can wipe it off as easy as can be. Seems like some chemical out there could get it off.

soapy

Reaction score
For those not getting cars as clean as you want I recommend adding a booster type product to your surfactant. I use MC Plus from Kleenrite and am very pleased with the cleaning I get. I feel like the surfactant portion of a high PH setup is what cleans the glass and chrome. Too many people are skrimping on the surfactant portion of their chemicals. That is Just my opinion.

APW

Reaction score
I also use a booster but still can't get the brake dust looking stuff off of cars.

PEI

Reaction score
Hi wash12. I run acid and then alkaline. I run both with boosters. Depending on the time of year anywhere from 114:1 to 170:1

SuperShine

Reaction score
I use JBS's COMPASS line and apply the boost through a double injector.
Thanks PEI, do you use the same tip for both the CPS200 high ph and CPS 201 high ph boost when you dual inject? As in pink tips for both or do you use a different tip for the boost?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
What brand of Soaps are you adding the booster too?
You can boost almost any soap. The reason for the mixing the booster at the point of dilution is that if you mixed all these products into a concentrate they would not stay in solution and separate. The additon of water at the mixing point eliminates that problem. I use bulk potassium or sodium hydroxide which is available through industrial chemical suppliers to boost alkaline presoaks. It costs around $375 for a 55 gallon drum. However, you need to have a very basic understanding of whats going on with wash chemistry and how to titrate to do this safely.

PEI

Reaction score
I run CPS-200 with a red tip, CPS-201 with a pink. In order to better deal with the eyebrow, I use CPS-104 with a light blue tip and CPS-105 with a pink.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Thanks PEI! What size injector do you use for your presoaks? I’m using the grey chemflex .83 dual injectors.
So you like the salt assault CPS104 over the CPS100? Or do you switch it out seasonally?

I’ll try larger tips. I’m using 200 with pink and 201 with orange. Up in Canada so no rep support.

Cheers!

PEI

Reaction score
Now that the show is over and CSI has finally introduced their new soaps for touchless car washing, I can say that I have had good luck with their 205 mixed with 715 for lo pH and 224 mixed with 515 for high pH. I tested this setup for them in November and found it to be really close to our JBS setup. I can't say what are the best tips yet since I have only been able to run it for one month, but I am hoping to do a 6 month test starting in June.

PEI

Reaction score
I used the CPS-100 with a light blue tip for 3 years and it worked fine most of the time. There were a couple of times a year that it wasn't able to get the road film off. After I worked with CSI on their new setup, I was able to get the road film off during one of the challenging times. Then I started running our current JBS setup and got slightly better cleaning than I got with CSI. The difference was minimal and with salt and pollen season starting I had to quit testing with CSI. I have run the CPS-104 and CPS-105 setup for 6 months now and it has worked extremely well so far. My only problem with JBS has been their soaps tend to partially clog the metering tips, but I switch out tips each month and soak the old ones to clean and reuse them. This seems to have helped with this issue.

Officer

Reaction score
JBS is good stuff, hands down. I've ventured away before, only to return. The quality is and value is with JBS. I've noticed you have to run the chemical hotter to get the maximum clean, but so worth it. Your customers notice and leave happy!

OurTown

Reaction score
Are there any JBS reps in Tx?

Call JBS and ask them. Our rep Marco goes all over the country but has told me that it just depends on the area on whether they have someone for the area. I can PM you his phone number if you want.

water guy

Reaction score
Call JBS and ask them. Our rep Marco goes all over the country but has told me that it just depends on the area on whether they have someone for the area. I can PM you his phone number if you want.
Sure Thanks