What's new

Touch Less Automatic Chemicals

washregal

Reaction score
What has the experience been - best practice with TOuch Less Automatic Chemicals.. ? I am an owner between two tunnels.. I need to wash and CLEAN as best I can with a touchless machine - What has the experience been relative to best product that gives best quality wash/ clean experience for the user.. money / cost not withstanding.. I need to be the best I can in the market I am in... your thoughts?

OurTown

Reaction score
This has been brought up many times here. Go with a company that blends their own chemicals and has a rep that will come to your site and get them dialed in correctly. We use the JBS Action high presoak (AT-102) and high ph booster (AT-150).

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't hear it done very much, but when I replace my machine, I'd like to have the option of 3 or four pre soak passes on the top level wash package. I think with all that chemical and dwell time, the wash will produce an excellent result.

If your touch free has this capability, why not experiment with that? Lots of people talk chemicals and cleanliness, but they are only a part of the process. Water quality ( softness) and temperature are very important, as is dwell and impingement.

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't hear it done very much, but when I replace my machine, I'd like to have the option of 3 or four pre soak passes on the top level wash package. I think with all that chemical and dwell time, the wash will produce an excellent result.

If your touch free has this capability, why not experiment with that? Lots of people talk chemicals and cleanliness, but they are only a part of the process. Water quality ( softness) and temperature are very important, as is dwell and impingement.
Is it possible to somehow restrict the flow after the first pass? I think as long as the car stays wet then the dwell is more important than extra chemical which might just be a waste. You would not want to just dwell for a really long time and the machine just sit there doing nothing. Some customers might think there is something wrong and think about leaving. Totally agree about water quality and impingement.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it possible to somehow restrict the flow after the first pass? I think as long as the car stays wet then the dwell is more important than extra chemical which might just be a waste. You would not want to just dwell for a really long time and the machine just sit there doing nothing. Some customers might think there is something wrong and think about leaving. Totally agree about water quality and impingement.
I was referring to the dwell that follows each pass of soap; not one long dwell. 10 seconds after each pass for example. I'd like to hear from someone who soaps the car up with 3 + passes in a touchfree...

Reaction score
I was just messing with my soap, I feel like if you put it on real strong and then let it dwell what's the point of all the other passes besides the customer thinking they're getting more.
The past few days I ran a real strong first pass yellow tip 8oz
Then like two ounces on lt blue on the second pass just for something to go on the car then I throw triple foam detergent on rinse poly s.f. then they're clean.
The week before i ran the same except for the first pass in the second pass with a blue tip 10 oz is for both passes not as good a result.
This is both high pH passes

Tried too steps and boosters
by the time you had it all up your back at the same cost so why not just use one barrel

A lot of my problem is my run from my automatic to my office is probably 50 feet and I put the manifold by the pump stand so I wouldn't have to go up in the attic and mess with it that it's a long draw

I'm curious of who's using the tiniest tipp and actually cleaning something

All the big names stuff that claim to work on a small tip by the time I'm done putting chemical on the car it has been at least a dollar.

If I mix myself it cost me $0.20 to put on a bubble show and clean just about anything you bring in here

MEP001

Reaction score
I use a very strong first pass and a second weaker pass over it. It takes until the second pass for the plumbing to get heated up and the presoak to actually apply hot. One of the features I like about the Vector is that you can set the return speed as slow as you want, which I set extremely slow so it seems more like it's "doing something" rather than just sitting idle for no reason.

wash12

Reaction score
I use a very strong first pass and a second weaker pass over it. It takes until the second pass for the plumbing to get heated up and the presoak to actually apply hot. One of the features I like about the Vector is that you can set the return speed as slow as you want, which I set extremely slow so it seems more like it's "doing something" rather than just sitting idle for no reason.
I also have the problem with the hot pre soak not hitting until 2nd pass due to plumbing, I am running 2 very strong passes of HI I wish I could run a strong and weaker one like you but everything feeds through one injector. Just curious did you use to go Lo Hi and switch to Hi Hi because you thought it cleaned better? I feel like Hi Hi I am getting the best clean especially with road film.

Reaction score
I was low hi, then low hi with booster
then i just tried hi hi one day and thought the cars came out cleaner and all the white residue and soap scum vanished in the wash, plus it was cheaper
i think the metal and windshields come out just fine no eyebrows.
I use a blue tip on first pass and lt blue on second
i think they come out more polished looking when i use the secret sauce, then when i use name brand chem
the two step works when you have tough metals in the dirt i think or a low ph to loosen some of the non grease dirt and let the hi ph carry it away. But if you put enough hi ph on and let it sit it will come clean.
I gotta figure to that right now my 3xfoam is detergent on my top wash, but my $5 that uses one pass of high and one hp rinse cleans everything including cat prints on the hoods. Even made one guys ac start working in his car again......

MEP001

Reaction score
I also have the problem with the hot pre soak not hitting until 2nd pass due to plumbing, I am running 2 very strong passes of HI I wish I could run a strong and weaker one like you but everything feeds through one injector. Just curious did you use to go Lo Hi and switch to Hi Hi because you thought it cleaned better? I feel like Hi Hi I am getting the best clean especially with road film.
I tried a low-pass to try and get rid of the eyebrows but it never did any better regardless of when I applied it. Maybe it wasn't a good product. The Vector has two presoak pumps, plus you can change the speed of the water pump for each pass to dilute differently on each wash package.

mac

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on this discussion. Every now and then, if you stay in something long enough, and you keep your eyes and ears open, you can stumble on something. I am doing testing on a new type of chemical for touchless washing. And it's not just working. It's kicking butt. We are getting vehicles that are somewhat hard to believe. By that I mean there is no film and the cars sparkle. And to top it off, I think the cost of chemicals per wash will go down. Because this is new the group I'm working with want to go slowly introducing it to the market. Hope to be able to start early next year actually selling it. This will be a game changer.

Officer

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in on this discussion. Every now and then, if you stay in something long enough, and you keep your eyes and ears open, you can stumble on something. I am doing testing on a new type of chemical for touchless washing. And it's not just working. It's kicking butt. We are getting vehicles that are somewhat hard to believe. By that I mean there is no film and the cars sparkle. And to top it off, I think the cost of chemicals per wash will go down. Because this is new the group I'm working with want to go slowly introducing it to the market. Hope to be able to start early next year actually selling it. This will be a game changer.
Mac, what is the new type of chemical you've stumbled upon? Please tell?

Damoni88

Reaction score
I have been using the polymer for first pass and low ph shiner on second pass at to location's. Started this in March and it is cleaning cars like never before. The polymer mixed with the low ph shiner is producing great results. Before this i was using mean green and low ph shiner and i would have people stop me after wash was done saying it did not clean their car. Not anymore!!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Whenever this gets totally solved, it will be a GAME CHANGER like nothing else. Clean a car w/ out friction...

washnshine

Reaction score
I understand you might not be able to give too much information if it is in the testing stages, but can you tell us if this is this a relatively safe chemical (no HF), caustic or not?, one step or two? Hi or low pH?

Thanks Mac.

mac

Reaction score
I understand you might not be able to give too much information if it is in the testing stages, but can you tell us if this is this a relatively safe chemical (no HF), caustic or not?, one step or two? Hi or low pH?

Thanks Mac.
There is no HF involved. The process for touchless is two step, low and high pH. Makes friction washes even better. And thre is no cost increase over conventional products. We have two versions that are being developed, one for cars and normal vehicles, and one for trucks and buses.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This sounds exciting! Have you done long term testing to see effects on cars as well as effectiveness during temperature changes and different soils?

soonermajic

Reaction score
When I used Low ph, it rusted out everything but SS or Aluminum. It was some nasty stuff

PEI

Reaction score
For our areas road films, JBS's new two step COMPASS set up will out clean all of the tunnels around us. I also had success with CSI's experimental two step set up last November. The days where touchless was just a "maintenance wash" have been over since last year.

wash12

Reaction score
For our areas road films, JBS's new two step COMPASS set up will out clean all of the tunnels around us. I also had success with CSI's experimental two step set up last November. The days where touchless was just a "maintenance wash" have been over since last year.
What strength are you running your alkaline and acid at and you doing acid then alkaline?