What's new

This one customer was so clueless...

Etowah

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Fill in the blank: This one customer was so clueless, she/he _________________________________________________________________________________

KleanRide

Reaction score
...jammed three Peso coins, two Chuck E Cheese tokens, five pennies and a wooden nickel into a coin slot that was clearly marked "Insert Quarters Only"

soapy

Reaction score
could not figure out how to turn the dial to get the function they wanted.

MEP001

Reaction score
I watched a girl one day spray her car with spot free rinse, then she bought an Armor All protectant pad and scrubbed her car with it, then sprayed it with presoak and left.

I had a guy straddle the treadle running the left arm across his hood, and when I went to see why the auto hadn't started he asked me "Why isn't it working?"

An old man pulled into a self-serve bay, got out and deposited his money, then came and got me to ask why it wasn't washing his car.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Had a customer "shampoo" a large area rug from home from home using our tri foam which is currently 2/3 polish and 1/3 wax... I saw this on camera on night, they were there a Long time, must have been hard rinsing the wax out of the carpet.

Scott S

Reaction score
I had a older gentleman wash his car, then proceed to cover it with tri foam. He then rinsed just the windshield and started to leave with the car still covered with foam. I asked him if there was a problem with the equipment and he said no. Thinking he was out of money, I offered to put time on the meter and he said no thanks. So then I pointed out to him that his car was still covered in soap. To which he said “I know. I just washed it”. And down the street he went. I saw him do it again a few weeks later. Maybe we’ve all missed it and have given the rinse cycle way to much credit.:unsure: Lol.

Green_As_a_Gourd

Reaction score
I went to the wash Sunday to find "FIX YOUR CAR WASH!!!" written on my pump room door. Checked everything and couldn't find a problem. Checked the video and found that he put 4 quarters in then punched the coin box repeatedly, then shook it by grabbing the coin return. Wrote on my door then pulled into another bay......put the required 6 quarters in to start and washed his car.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
The customer turns the rotary switch to "SOAP", grabs the FOAM BRUSH and complains to me, "Hey Lady, this thing is broken - NO SOAP!" when they see NO foamy soap coming out of the brush. Meanwhile, white HP Soap is spraying out of the HP gun! :O I'm seeing this more often with the younger generation of new customers.

mac

Reaction score
Ok, c’mon. This is just too easy of a topic. In somewhat of a defense of these customers I want to see the other side. Many people come to my place that have simply never used a self service wash before. Maybe half are nice, coherent, and seemingly educated people. When I show them how things work they are very grateful. The jerks will always be around. How else can you explain Obama getting elected. Twice. Have to add this though. I decided to do a deep cleaning of a Hamilton dual changer. Had the entire guts removed to clean the cabinet. My head was fully in the cabinet when a customer lifted the metal flap to insert a bill. I looked up and her face was inches from the bill insert window. She inserted a bill and I dropped the coins into the cup. The look on her face was priceless. She probably still thinks there’s a man in there giving change.

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
....................... How else can you explain Obama getting elected. Twice. ................
Same way we elected a guy twice who had control of "The Button" but couldn't pronounce "Nuclear"

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thought "Asphalt" was a birth defect. Or is this only if it is SS related?

mac

Reaction score
Well I guess I just don’t understand some things, not to hijack this thread. Bush got an MBA from Harvard and flew top of the line jet fighters. His school grades were made public. You don’t get to fly the jets because of your name, you earn it. Obama’s graders are still secret and his big accomplishment was a community organizer who could read a telepromter well. Thanks for letting people here know your thought processes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Last edited:

kentadel

Reaction score
I put a cone in front of one of my self service bays so I could replace a couple fittings in the equipment room. Just as I was going to remove a connection the bay pump turned on. I walked out to see a young man washing his pickup. I said "hey you ran over my cone that I had blocking this bay so I could do some repairs. He replied, "no I moved it out of the way, this bay is a coin op it's always open". Turned power off every time since then when working on a bay.

MEP001

Reaction score
I put a cone in front of one of my self service bays so I could replace a couple fittings in the equipment room. Just as I was going to remove a connection the bay pump turned on. I walked out to see a young man washing his pickup. I said "hey you ran over my cone that I had blocking this bay so I could do some repairs. He replied, "no I moved it out of the way, this bay is a coin op it's always open". Turned power off every time since then when working on a bay.
I've had that happen a number of times. The worst one was when I had just gotten to the wash to shut it down because of a water emergency. I had a cop on the phone threatening me to get it shut down and was doing my best, had a cone in front of every bay and was about to shut off the breakers, and heard a pump start. Went and looked, and the entitled jackass had just gone around the back and pulled in. I told him we were closed because of the water emergency, he just had a dark look and said "I need to wash my car." I told him he can't, and that was why the bay was coned off. His genius reply: "Well you need to put a cone at both ends!"

OurTown

Reaction score
I've had that happen a number of times. The worst one was when I had just gotten to the wash to shut it down because of a water emergency. I had a cop on the phone threatening me to get it shut down and was doing my best, had a cone in front of every bay and was about to shut off the breakers, and heard a pump start. Went and looked, and the entitled jackass had just gone around the back and pulled in. I told him we were closed because of the water emergency, he just had a dark look and said "I need to wash my car." I told him he can't, and that was why the bay was coned off. His genius reply: "Well you need to put a cone at both ends!"

We put cones on both ends because we have people doing the same thing.

soapy

Reaction score
I now park in the bay with a vehicle. Last time I was cleaning pits with the tractor I had it blocked off with cones in the front and was exiting the back with the tractor bucket full of mud. A guy in a SUbaru waited until I had backed out and headed over to dump the mud in a trailer. He drove around the cone and almost ended up in the pit since the grates were removed. Sorry to generalize but around here Subaru owners are pretty much like that. He had been watching me for a few minutes and decided if he could get around the cone than the bay should be his to use.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
"Sorry to generalize but around here Subaru owners are pretty much like that."

Careful about discrimination. You may have a Subaru live matter group picketing your place and shutting you down. :)

Jim64

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw a guy washing his car with the carpet shampooer on my fragramatic combo vac. He had carpet shampoo from front to back.