What's new

This one customer was so clueless...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One Thanksgiving I watched a guy at a gas station wash his entire car with a window squeegee!!!:alien:

soapy

Reaction score
Last Friday night I got a call after 6 pm from a lady who had put .25 cents short of the startup price and did not have any more money. Left a message that I had better come down right away and give her the $2.75 back since it was a lot of money to her ...... I never got the message until the next morning but would not have spent a hour of my night driving down to the wash and back for immediate refund. I did call the next morning and said no problem giving her money back and I would meet her at 9:30 am at the wash. SHe never showed up.

MEP001

Reaction score
I get calls all the time, at all hours, from people demanding I come fix the problem (It's almost always their fault). When I tell them that I'm not coming but I'll mail them a refund, they almost always refuse to give an address and hang up.

JustClean

Reaction score
Talking about customers removing the cones:
I put two cones in front of my automatic and went to town to get some spare parts. On the way back a customer called and said he put money into the machine and it didn't work. I just arrived at the carwash and of course the cones were put aside. I went to him and apologized sincerely. "I am sooo sorry. I don't know what to say...we've closed that automatic but some idiot must have removed the cones. I am so sorry. Please let me get you your refund you and I'll have a quick look on the cameras who that idiot was. I mean: who in their right mind would remove safety cones in front of a carwash machine???" ;)))
Needless to say that when I came back with his money the customer had already left :)))

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw a guy washing his car with the carpet shampooer on my fragramatic combo vac. He had carpet shampoo from front to back.
And that's the type of person who would say, "There needs to be a sign up," when someone tries to show him the way.l

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Man studpit brush must have picked up some dirt off the ground man
JGinther,

Actually, we have found that very "scratch capable sand" is what tends to be on the bay floor more so than just regular dirt.

If small claims court &/or destructive social media occurs that video clip could be a "teachable moment" that 1.Customer must have some minimal ability to think. &/or 2.Customer must read warning sign about brush.

Small claims ... it could hinge on the potential bias of a slick talking judge???

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Fill in the blank: This one customer was so clueless, she/he _________________________________________________________________________________
Just last weekend I had a young gal call me on my "car wash hotline" complaining that "nothing worked in the wash bay!" I asked her if she was using my $1 tokens and she said "yes". When I asked her what happened when she turned the knob on the rotary switch, there was a long pause, then she said "Uh, there's a knob??" Lol!! Fortunately, I live close by and drove out to give her some extra tokens. She was very appreciative, and we both had a good laugh. Now, I've got a customer for life! :)